2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

To be honest, I willingly keep Gase as HC as long as he hires OC to call offensive plays.  As for DC, Gregg can stay or go, it doesnt matter to me.

Gase was okayed with no control of 53 roster which was downgraded from his previous job description in Miami. Because of that I hope he can do the same with OC.

Gregg wasn't impressed with HC Hue Jackson in Cleveland and stirred the hell up. So far, Gregg has behaved reasonably under Gase.

The most important thing is that Gase and JD are on the same page so both need to step up doubly to prove that they belong there.  Jets ain't in NFC East division.

7 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

Unless he trust JD, Matt Campbell would probably decline us again. I wouldn't be mad if we hired him. He has a great development track record, builds his offense from the line, and adapts his offense to what he has. Watching the Texas Tech game, TT only scored off a block kick & a garbage time TD. I normally don't like that much shotgun, but I feel like he would adapt to what works with his roster. If we are looking at college coaches, it would have to be him, Riley, or Harbaugh. 

I expect the Falcons & Texans to have their choice with the top coaches because the players they already have. To even get JD, I feel like we had to promise him he would get his choice at coach after this season. So the fact that this article leads with JD's connections to college makes it seem true. With his oline background and experience in Baltimore, Campbell & Harbaugh seem like a great fit. At the same time, Joe Brady looks too good to pass up. I also like Eric B, but it's all riding on his part with Mahomes development and preparing the offense. 

8 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

I see a lot of people praising PJ fleck. Anybody have some good intel on him?

I tried to pick up some vibes on him but it seems like he likes to stay close to the Great Lakes.   Lions may be the best destination if Patricia is fired at the same time as Gase.

Edited by JetsandI

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

To be honest, I willingly keep Gase as HC as long as he hires OC to call offensive plays.  As for DC, Gregg can stay or go, it doesnt matter to me.

Gase was okayed with no control of 53 roster which was downgraded from his previous job description in Miami. Because of that I hope he can do the same with OC.

Gregg wasn't impressed with HC Hue Jackson in Cleveland and stirred the hell up. So far, Gregg has behaved reasonably under Gase.

The most important thing is that Gase and JD are on the same page so both need to step up doubly to prove that they belong there.  Jets ain't in NFC East division.

If you are talking about after this season...I dont even know where to begin...

Since UStadium & Breer mentioned Campbell, I started digging deeper into his background. I can't knock this dude at all. 

He has a QB that he groomed performing really well ( Sam or who ever we're drafting) 

He flipped two programs and made them competitive (Develops & adapts) 

Beat TCU when they were ranked #4 & #3 Oklahoma during his time at Iowa (Prepares for big games with less talent)

Former offensive line coach and has one of the nation's leading rushers ( Coaches protecting, JD's background on the Oline)

Motivating speaker ( Helps bring life back into this organization) 

He's currently winning right now and just beat Oklahoma again. 

He destroyed Texas Tech with Mahomes 66-10.

I seriously can't find a reason not to make him #1. 

• Like 1