2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 hour ago, Greene N White said:

I think you guys are tripping if you wouldn’t take josh mcdaniels as HC. He was young when he took the Denver job I think if he’s actually willing to leave New England he’s the top guy followed by daboll campbell Smith harbaugh and saleh in no particular order.

Gase worked under McDaniels, his style of coaching is hit or miss. All those Belichick guys are like that(I include Gase in the Belichick tree) 

Out of those candidates, Brian Daboll and Brian Schottenheimer probably have longest or heaviest NFL resume as high level coach.

Daboll is about wrapping up 3rd consecutive seasons as OC for Bills. (total is 7 years).

Schottenheimer owns 12 NFL seasons as cooridantors. Longest is with Jets. lol.

As for the rest of club, Nick Siranni and Matt Eberflus have 3 seasons under belt as coordinators, probably most of that club. However, they may be different from what JD wants for Jets.

Too green to invest in are Press Taylor, Mike Kafka and Joe Brady.  Ones I don't want to end up coaching Jets right now.

25 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m not overly impressed by him honestly. This is the first year he’s looked amazing as an OC in the pros. 

He gets credit for Josh Allen but I think it’s the other way around plus Diggs who’s had an All-Pro year. 

True.   If Jets manage to collect all right pieces for Daboll, do you think he will run the team well?

9 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Are we already back to defensive HCs? Gase is really setting us back for the long term.

Just wondering I don’t care about someone having a Defensive or Offensive background, I just want the best man for the job that can imprint his identity on both sides of the ball

• Like 2

Just now, Dr.O said:

Just wondering I don’t care about someone having a Defensive or Offensive background, I just want the best man for the job that can imprint his identity on both sides of the ball

Also it looks like Wink has no plan to call defense as HC.