2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

53 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

No to McDaniels for the reasons stated earlier. Same about Harbaugh.

We will probably want Bieniemy but will Bieniemy want us? Jacksonville will probably have a HC spot opening and they are now more desirable of a location than NY. Warm weather, no state income tax, and now Trevor Lawrence on a silver platter courtesy of us.

If not Bieniemy, I would look at Brian Daboll. He's familiar with not just our organization but the entire AFC East. That should not go understated. I love what he's done with Allen and want that blueprint here. 

Let's hope there are enough coaches that like Wilson as much as T law.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Bro this was like 3 months ago chill

I am chill? Didn't realize how old of a quote this was but my answer would've been no back then too. Not to mention I was mostly talking about Bieniemy and Daboll. Don't take it personally lmao.

3 minutes ago, Johnthejetsfan said:

Matt Campbell please and thank you 

He and Pat Fitzgerald both stick out in terms of college coaches, but Campbell has rejected us before. Maybe the #2 overall pick and an extra 1st and 2nd this year changes his mind.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

He and Pat Fitzgerald both stick out in terms of college coaches, but Campbell has rejected us before. Maybe the #2 overall pick and an extra 1st and 2nd this year changes his mind.

Maybe our new GM is enough to entice him, also.  I don't think Mac was well respected. JD, I believe, is.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Yeah I was disappointed in 2018, but hopefully JD has more sway and respect than Mac. And the 2nd overall hopefully

26 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I think you guys are tripping if you wouldn’t take josh mcdaniels as HC. He was young when he took the Denver job I think if he’s actually willing to leave New England he’s the top guy followed by daboll campbell Smith harbaugh and saleh in no particular order.

We need the best leader not someone whose been second in command under the best coach in history whose also kind of a ******. This is all moot because there absolutely zero chance he would come here if we actually wanted him.

19 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Thoughts on Mike Kafka. Schefter is saying he’s expected to get looks as HC

That’s a big jump. But he has been with Reid for a few years which does bold well for him. For a guy like him it’s a lot to do with his interview to see if he’s ready for a HC job

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

In terms of an identity that’s always been the Jets when we were a good team. We could play defense and run the ball. People don’t realize how easy that makes the game for a Quarterback and IMO there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that being you philosophy. We need to get back to our roots but add a QB and like Bobby said a couple weapons who can bring it home during crucial drives.

Agreed. Now it's just deciding who can bring that to us. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

We need the best leader not someone whose been second in command under the best coach in history whose also kind of a ******. This is all moot because there absolutely zero chance he would come here if we actually wanted him.

I agree no way he comes but I’d take him no doubt personally

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s a big jump. But he has been with Reid for a few years which does bold well for him. For a guy like him it’s a lot to do with his interview to see if he’s ready for a HC job

Oddly enough the guy he’s under made the same exact jump. Reid went from QBC to Head Coach.