Buy Low / Sell High / Hold guys

titanrick

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

DJ Moore is a prime Buy Low candidate.  He and Robby Anderson are seeing 54% of the targets for Carolina (and that was with CMC healthy for 5 quarters).  He's rising in xPPR.  And he's set to draw Casey Heyward this upcoming week - which may make his owner unsure about trotting him out when he's been below what expected in Week 1-2.  I don't know that I'd want to bank on him as more than a mid/low WR2 against the Chargers, but rest of season in a likely-to-be-constantly-chasing offense, with touches standing to increase at least over the next 4-6 weeks, there's a lot to like.

Woods or Moore, std, ROS. I think Moore

27 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I have both in a 0.5 ppr league, I like Moore slightly better though I think the next couple of weeks should tell us a lot about him. He and Teddy didn't really start connecting till garbage time yesterday. The good news is the Panthers are likely bad enough that they'll be in that same position a lot more but Teddy still scares me, the guy just takes zero risks and isn't going to push the ball downfield unless it's a gimme. 

With CMC out it should open up more RZ opportunities and hopefully we see him as more of a focal point with more plays designed for him. 

Woods is in a great and stabile situation and over the course of the year he'll put up great numbers but Kupp is always going to cut into his ceiling. 

As of right now I don't think either of them will fetch much on the trade market because they don't really have the name brand value, so I'll probably just stick with them as my 1-2 punch at WR, but with Diontae Johnson coming along  as well I'd definitely be open to dealing either of them if I could package them for a stud RB1. 

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Neck and neck for me.  I'd likely err the the side of Moore on terms of SOS and gamescript.  I preface that by saying, I had him projected preseason as a Top 10 receiver and has Woods inside my Top 15 (or thereabouts depending on format - I had him and Kupp back to back in my rankings/projections with the edge to Kupp in standard).  If I already have a top tier WR1, I'd want Woods ROS because of how I prefer to construct my teams (emphasize weekly stability in my WR2).  If my WR1 is a bit more mercurial, I'd want Moore because he has better potential for higher weekly ceilings, I just think the week-to-week point differential will vary more with him than with Woods, even in standard.

2 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

Sell - Cam Newton, Josh Allen, or any other later-round, high-performing QB.  This assumes the price is right.  I like the idea of moving one for some help at WR and RB, especially given the rash of injuries.  You likely drafted them relatively late and can probably throw in a Minshew or Tannehill off waivers, both of whom will give you respectable production.

If you can get a decent return for Joe Mixon, I would pull the trigger.  Besides only playing 54% of the team's offensive snaps (16th among RBs) through two weeks, the Cincinnati line looks abysmal.  You might still be able to sell Mixon on his draft value and the fact that he isn't injured.  

Buy - If you're sitting at 2-0, and an 0-2 owner has Michael Thomas or Christian McCaffrey, throw out a feeler offer.  If you can get Josh Robinson for a decent price, do it.  The Jaguars' offense looks revitalized, and Robinson is 8th in snap percentage through two weeks among RBs.  He figures to continue his bellcow status even when Ryquell Armstead returns.

Hold - I think Nyheim Hines's production and snap count were heavily affected by the game script.  Rivers uses his RBs on drop-offs a ton, and there is ample precedence for that.  I would play Hines in games in which the Colts figure to be trailing.  I would also continue to hold Zach Ertz just because of the nature of the position and the possibility of a trade.  

Whoa, welcome back. 

I currently own Chubb/Drake/Melvin Gordon/Zach Moss at RB. I don't think I'll get much for Moss at the moment but the other three, I am intrigued as to what I could get for one of them.

I have DJ Moore, Mclaurin and Will Fuller at WR. No backup WRs since I dropped Campbell.

Should I just hold the RBs since everyone is dropping like flies? or try to find a 2 for 1? WR3/RB2 for Drake/Chubb/Gordon?

45 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

What are you guys doing with Zach Moss?

I don't mind holding on to him as a stash but I wouldn't mind dropping him for laviska shenault who seems to be getting his fair shares of carries and receptions so far through two weeks.

I been thinking about Moss too. I been thinking of dropping him for Chase Edmonds(ceiling) or Shenault. Current Roster

RB: CEH, JACOBS, Taylor, Monty, M Davis

WR: Ridley, Juju, Woods, Chark, D Johnson

Reason why I'm cooling on Moss- Singletary has looked better than him, and not like he is some over the hill RB. Bills schedule will get tougher down the stretch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I been thinking about Moss too. I been thinking of dropping him for Chase Edmonds(ceiling) or Shenault. Current Roster

Reason why I'm cooling on Moss- Singletary has looked better than him, and not like he is some over the hill RB. Bills schedule will get tougher down the stretch.

yeah It also hurts that even tho he's the "goaline back" that he doesn't get much work since Josh Allen typically gets the work down there.

I may just wait to see how Shenault does tonight then possibly pick him up mid game.

I really need a W8 RB but there's no one worth holding on to for 6 weeks. Frank Gore is the only name but Bell should be back by then......

I'd def. drop Moss for Edmonds.

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

yeah It also hurts that even tho he's the "goaline back" that he doesn't get much work since Josh Allen typically gets the work down there.

I may just wait to see how Shenault does tonight then possibly pick him up mid game.

I really need a W8 RB but there's no one worth holding on to for 6 weeks. Frank Gore is the only name but Bell should be back by then......

I'd def. drop Moss for Edmonds.

Thanks I been thinking that. Plus Cards play such a fast tempo, I seen some crazy stat on Twitter, they almost play double the snaps as other teams. Like you said, Allen takes those goal line carries. Drake has never made it through a season. Bills seem like a team that will play through Allen this year and their defense. Those slow paced type of games. 

On 9/22/2020 at 3:46 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I currently own Chubb/Drake/Melvin Gordon/Zach Moss at RB. I don't think I'll get much for Moss at the moment but the other three, I am intrigued as to what I could get for one of them.

I have DJ Moore, Mclaurin and Will Fuller at WR. No backup WRs since I dropped Campbell.

Should I just hold the RBs since everyone is dropping like flies? or try to find a 2 for 1? WR3/RB2 for Drake/Chubb/Gordon?

RBs are like gold in fantasy, especially this year. Keep them ALL. I drafted Taylor and got pissed when I learned it would be a timeshare with Mack.....1 week later Mack is out for the season and now I have a top 10 RB out of nowhere.

Keep them. WRs are a dime a dozen. Just play the waiver wire to be honest. You can scoop up guys like Michael Pittman who should be a WR3/FLEX for the rest of the year for free.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I own Viska in every league I have (4). He is going to be a league winner. I own all the shares I could get of him. His production (WR2/WR3) compared to his cost which is essentially nothing is incredivle value.

I would grab Shenault and throw him in your FLX spot and not move it for the rest of the season.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I own Viska in every league I have (4). He is going to be a league winner. I own all the shares I could get of him. His production (WR2/WR3) compared to his cost which is essentially nothing is incredivle value.

I would grab Shenault and throw him in your FLX spot and not move it for the rest of the season.

what makes you so confident...