What movie are you watching?

Forge

Saw Warrior yesterday.  Hadn't seen that in a while.  I remember that there was a fighting movie poll, and I think it won.  Even though I voted for Rocky (Im from Philly, cant blame me), I think as standalone film, it's probably the best fight movie.  The story got me emotional having experienced something similar with my sister (minus the whole fighting background).  But, Hardy, Edgerton, and Nolte made you believe and they were fantastic.  The action/fight sequences were just the cherry on top.

Tonight, just saw The Mule with Clint Eastwood & Bradley Cooper; another tale of redemption.  Clint Eastwood has to be like 90 or something, but he's still got it.  Clint's got that brutally honest charm/charisma that you can't beat.  I will say I liked Gran Torino better, but this was definitely a movie worth watching in that 7-8/10 range (very solid movie).  I love the back and forth dialogue between Cooper and Eastwood; kinda wished there was more as I think there were only about 3 scenes between them. 

23 hours ago, thrILL! said:

spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-depepi.

Just got out of Into The Spider-Verse. Oh my goodness. Rarely do things meet the hype. This exceeded it.  Game changer for animation the way Toy Story was to 2-D.

I looked for a thread for this movie and couldn't find one. Just got out of the theater, though. Absolutely loved it. Honestly, it's my favorite Spider-Man movie. So well-done in so many ways.

19 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I looked for a thread for this movie and couldn't find one. Just got out of the theater, though. Absolutely loved it. Honestly, it's my favorite Spider-Man movie. So well-done in so many ways.

It absolutely deserves its own thread.  It's not only the best Spidey movie yet, it's one of the best superhero movies ever.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:37 PM, thrILL! said:

spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-depepi.

Just got out of Into The Spider-Verse. Oh my goodness. Rarely do things meet the hype. This exceeded it.  Game changer for animation the way Toy Story was to 2-D.

I generally hate comic book films, but I think I'll make an exception for this. It looks great. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just watched The Manchurian Candidate (1962) for the first time - Excellent film. 

2 minutes ago, TVScout said:

That was me. :ph34r:

I got you ninja.  Although, there is something jealous about having someone watch a great movie for the first time after it's been out for a long time.  That first time viewing pleasure that you seek in something new and exciting.