What movie are you watching?

Forge

14 hours ago, TVScout said:

I saw that and they are not similar at all. The Statham movie is a real event. The I M is a fictional movie novel that is about a battle of wits between a cop vs. a crook.

I saw a long time ago, so granted maybe Im forgetting the plot.  I just remember it was kind of not very memorable for me.

I did see Bumblebee tonight.  I think it might be my favorite Transformers movie to date.  I loved the old school/throwback vibe, and it wasn't all explosions, which was a plus.

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

Hereditary is at the top of my list. Thanks.

Don't listen to some people who have the attention span of a chipmunk.  The movie is the best horror movie in a very long time.  The more I think about it the more I like it.  The more I realize about the plot, the more I realize it's brilliant.  It absolutely is a very, very, very slow burn.  The first 2/3 of the movie is more like a drama than a horror, but the final third of the movie is one of the most unsettling things I've ever watched.

The movie was made to be unsettling more than frightening.  Although the final ten minutes are really damn creepy, the whole entire movie was made to be unsettling and discomforting, not the type of movie that makes people jump and then never think about the movie again.  Certain people who try to tarnish the movie are probably the types who loved The Nun and Lights Out and Friday the 13th type movies where the plots aren't challenging and they can follow the narrative while texting on their phone and eating popcorn and not really paying attention to the movie.

There's an article explaining all the intricate details to Hereditary that puts the movie closer to all-time great horror than the "trash" people allege it is.  Chances are, the people who complain about it probably don't even realize half of what actually went on in the movie. 

If you want your horror movies to make you jump and make you shout with jump scares and the subtlety of a sledge hammer, you probably won't like Hereditary.

Hereditary is unsettling, unnerving, and made to make you feel uncomfortable and freaked out not only in the supernatural sense, but in the creeping dread type of sense.  It makes you feel like something terrible is going to happen, and it scared the damn hell out of me. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

When I think of unsettling type films, I always go back to when I was a kid and watched Mothman Prophecies for the first time. 

dude i was 7 when this came out and my dad had this movie on and it really impacted my sleep for like a long *** time 

i haven't seen it since lol. probably sucks now. 

• Like 1