What movie are you watching?

Forge

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I have a soft spot for Duplass movies, I think Mark Duplass is lowkey a powerhouse indie/dialogue actor. I went into Language Lessons assuming the lowest for it based on the trailer and general plot but it was actually really wholesome. Him being gay made their entire dynamic more authentic and less predatory as it would’ve been if he’d secretly been in love with her. The movie didn’t get stale despite the zoom/video message format. Definitely in my top 5 for Mark Duplass movies I’d say. 

Saw the trailer for this a long while back and thought it looked excellent. Glad to hear this. Definitely going to check it out

Snake Eyes: G.I.Joe origins was ok.  I didn't really care for the characters, nor anything that happened.  The twist was obvious, the acton scenes were ok(lots of shaky cam)  And it felt longer than 2 hours.  I'm being generous giving this one 5/10

Venom: Let there be Carnage was another ok movie.  This movie pretty much gets right down to it, except it takes a little time for Carnage to show up.  This movie is 90 minutes, and it felt like 60.  Very dumb and loud, but it's a popcorn movie.  6/10

tom-dunkerque.jpg

Went from a jumbled mess of non-linear storytelling to a master class in it.  Dunkirk is so damn good.  Every time I watch it I get more out of it than before. It uses the non-linear style to build tension to a boiling point and then the ultimate culmination.  Tom Hardy does more with basically just his eyes in this movie than most actors.  Mark Rylance is superb as well as the small ship captain.  Dunkirk > 1918.

War of the Worlds 

An alien EMP pulse wipes out all tech in the town including cars but some dude’s video camera still works to record it lol. Also their getaway vehicle is fine too for some reason 

Just now, Ty21 said:

War of the Worlds 

An alien EMP pulse wipes out all tech in the town including cars but some dude’s video camera still works to record it lol. Also their getaway vehicle is fine too for some reason 

But like they left every other dead vehicle in the roads, so they’re swerving around it in their car that contradicts the whole “EMP wiped out everything” bit lol

13 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

But like they left every other dead vehicle in the roads, so they’re swerving around it in their car that contradicts the whole “EMP wiped out everything” bit lol

They stayed at the ex wife’s house and in the night a plane crashes into their house, the entire block is decimated and there’s a plane engine in what’s left of their living room. But the car they drove there in is totally unscathed 

22 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

They stayed at the ex wife’s house and in the night a plane crashes into their house, the entire block is decimated and there’s a plane engine in what’s left of their living room. But the car they drove there in is totally unscathed 

Tom Cruise letting his son fight the aliens is the most illogical thing I’ve ever seen in a movie. His son literally dies within a minute of running off to fight them lol. 

18 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Tom Cruise letting his son fight the aliens is the most illogical thing I’ve ever seen in a movie. His son literally dies within a minute of running off to fight them lol. 

Then they take refuge in a basement late in the movie and for a solid 10 minutes or so aliens obsess over searching this one random basement with no known inhabitants despite there being 7 billion humans to exterminate and the dude hiding with Tom cruise is dead set on killing aliens but when he finally has a window to he doesn’t even have his shotgun loaded he’s been parading around the entire time 

Edited by Ty21

@Ty21, shut up.

It’s literally a Steven Spielberg movie and if you can’t suspend disbelief and enjoy an alien invasion movie by Steven Spielberg, you don’t deserve it.

Literally every single sci fi, horror or action movie that’s worth watching could be eviscerated by critiquing it too hard.

I’m not even saying you’re wrong, but it’s a movie.

I’m sitting here enjoying Moonfall directed by Roland Emmerich and you’re sitting there critiquing Spielberg.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

@Ty21, shut up.

It’s literally a Steven Spielberg movie and if you can’t suspend disbelief and enjoy an alien invasion movie by Steven Spielberg, you don’t deserve it.

Literally every single sci fi, horror or action movie that’s worth watching could be eviscerated by critiquing it too hard.

I’m not even saying you’re wrong, but it’s a movie.

I’m sitting here enjoying Moonfall directed by Roland Emmerich and you’re sitting there critiquing Spielberg.

No