What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 4/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, FinneasGage said:

Went to everything everywhere all at once last night and have never been more confused with critic/public opinions. Spoonfed repetitive and gags were wack. Most of the “creative” elements that it’s being lauded for is **** that’s pretty trite. I rarely ever **** on movies but the 4.6 Letterboxd and 97% RT is the most I’ve ever been disconnected from the consensus I think lol 

Gotta say I’m with the consensus on this one, I loved it. 

• Like 1

Noroi: The Curse has been on my watchlist for dang near ten years.

It was worth the wait.

Not a recommendation because I know a lot of people won’t appreciate it the way I did, but it was an excellent J-horror.

Excellent. A definite slow burn, and it has few… No jump scares, but the execution in its tone and score was flawless.

When The Grudge got like 17 American versions, I’m shocked this got none.

Big fan, and I’m super happy I was finally able to watch it. 

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The Negotiator is a top underrated movie. Like… If that had been Bruce Willis or anyone more associated with action movies than Samuel L, that probably would have turned into a trilogy.

Still, Samuel L. was perfect for the role.

Prime 1990s Samuel L is as good of a “fun movie/action/thriller” actor as it gets. Great temperament, subtle humor, yelling actor, intense, etc.

I will always appreciate guys like him and Nic Cage for those types of roles.

18 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Anyone see The Northman yet?  It got good reviews but I thought it was kind of meh.  Not bad to see once, don't need to go to the movies.

I loved it. I wasn’t expecting a super layered movie like lighthouse… really just thought it was gonna be a bloody slaughter fest without much headiness, but it had more layers than I was anticipating tbh. Liked it more than the Witch but not as much as lighthouse. Eggers **** always feels so… nobody is better at transporting me than him.. I don’t even always connect with his movies, I’m always just so captivated.. wish we got more of Willem’s jester character 

On 4/19/2022 at 8:09 PM, Kiltman said:

Gotta say I’m with the consensus on this one, I loved it. 

Me too; might be my favorite A24 film thus far.

Even more impressive considering the film was shot in like 37 days; and the SFX team was like 7 people who did all their work remotely on laptops. 

• Like 1

The Batman was solid.  I was interested in the story and how things would end up.  This is one of the darker Batman movies, possibly the darkest.  And while we've seen these characters before in different incarnations, they work for this movie and the story this movie is telling.  While this is a 3 hour movie, it didn't drag.  Certainly worth a watch.  8/10

• Like 1

Watched Parallel (2018). Plot seemed interesting: friends find a mirror that is a portal that transports them to other dimensions that reset every time you go in and out (kinda like 11/22/63), so obviously the movies going to be about gaming the other side to gain riches and fame and whatever with the biggest evil either being your own greed/villainy or the other side fighting back. The movie was super long winded, 50 minutes too long and poorly executed throughout. Didn’t really care for the characters and about halfway through I kept checking the time to see when it ended. Kinda just felt like drivel you’d make in a community college film/director course lol

Cottage-picnic.jpg

Emma Thompson is just so damn good in Sense and Sensibility, and it's helped by her excellent adapted screenplay and A+ supporting cast that includes Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant, Hugh Laurie, Imelda Staunton, and Gemma Jones.  Best thing Ang Lee ever directed and probably the best he ever will direct.  I watch it every couple of years and it always hits.

On 4/23/2022 at 9:11 AM, MWil23 said:

Prime 1990s Samuel L is as good of a “fun movie/action/thriller” actor as it gets. Great temperament, subtle humor, yelling actor, intense, etc.

I will always appreciate guys like him and Nic Cage for those types of roles.

I loved him (and the film overall) in "The Long Kiss Goodnight".  Really fun action film.  Geena Davis?  Yes please.  

If you haven't seen it, it is on PlutoTV for free.  https://pluto.tv/en/on-demand/movies/the-long-kiss-goodnight-1996-1-1?utm_medium=textsearch&utm_source=google

6 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I loved him (and the film overall) in "The Long Kiss Goodnight".  Really fun action film.  Geena Davis?  Yes please.  

If you haven't seen it, it is on PlutoTV for free.  https://pluto.tv/en/on-demand/movies/the-long-kiss-goodnight-1996-1-1?utm_medium=textsearch&utm_source=google

I hate that movie it’s dumb and I hate it.