What movie are you watching?

Forge

Went to everything everywhere all at once last night and have never been more confused with critic/public opinions. Spoonfed repetitive and gags were wack. Most of the “creative” elements that it’s being lauded for is **** that’s pretty trite. I rarely ever **** on movies but the 4.6 Letterboxd and 97% RT is the most I’ve ever been disconnected from the consensus I think lol 

• Like 1

Candyman from last year.  It's a sequel to the original from 92.  It's well directed, has a few neat shots.  Overall it's just ok.  An up and coming artist learns of the Candyman legend and becomes obsessed with it.  Logically he would have been questioned by the cops during the movie but never was.  There's also a twist that comes from left field.  This movie is just something to watch.  5/10

Has anyone seen the Documentary 'Shut Up Little Man'? 

Focuses on these guys who moved to Cali(from the mid west IIRC) in their 20s and found themselves next door to an apartment that was constantly filled with arguments between it's unusual inhabitants. They recorded these arguments, and the tapes they produced went 'viral'.

The recorded content itself is somewhat compelling, but the alternative angle in the Documentary is obviously the effects of popularity, demand, and the desire to establish an identity for these desperate schlubs who don't really have anything special to offer the world. To some, these guys are just opportunists who moved to California thinking they were destined for 'something more' and subsequently betrayed their neighbors' privacy for content. Then obsessed on the content and the modicum of fame derived from acquiring and distributing it. 

51 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:
20 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Good Will Hunting

It's still one of the 5 best movies I've ever seen.

It’s in my top 5 also

Return of the Living Dead 

Bone Tomahawk

In Bruges

One Cut of the Dead

Cabin in the Woods

Thats 5 grownup movies. I cant see GWH cracking it