What movie are you watching?

Forge

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Lol. Moonfall literally stole the exact same The Lost World: Jurassic Park joke.

Moonfall was hilariously bad and I watched every minute of it. Really good really bad movie from an enjoyment standpoint. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

@Ty21, shut up.

It’s literally a Steven Spielberg movie and if you can’t suspend disbelief and enjoy an alien invasion movie by Steven Spielberg, you don’t deserve it.

Literally every single sci fi, horror or action movie that’s worth watching could be eviscerated by critiquing it too hard.

I’m not even saying you’re wrong, but it’s a movie.

I’m sitting here enjoying Moonfall directed by Roland Emmerich and you’re sitting there critiquing Spielberg.

War of the Worlds is boring 

Uncharted. Sigh. I could write a lot on this, but I feel like it ended up just how everyone thought it would. It was also always going to be hard to separate the movie from the game(s) 

I don't know, I kind of wish that they had just made the first game as the movie or something.  Just drop the audience into the Sully / Nate  relationship and let them already be friends / partners.  I could have done without this basically being an origin story...the back and forth "I don't trust anyone" is soooooooooooo tedious. I don't know if they opted to go that way because Tom Holland is only in his mid 20's, but I'm fine with this not being an origin story and him being the age he is...at least that makes the casting of Wahlberg as Sully reasonable as well (though it really does feel pretty weird all things considered) and Chloe being on that fragile precipice of untrusting and hopeful. Drop the uncharted 4 stuff, and just turn this into a National Treasure-esque adventure / mystery type with some big set action pieces. 

Drop that character nonsense and I think you can turn this into a leaner, meaner 100 minute entertaining ride with some real thrills and fun dialogue and characters. One of the great things about the games is the relationships and real world quippy dialogue you often get between the characters. This is really stunted in that regard because of the unstable relationships between all the characters. 

The Hunted from 1995  Christopher Lambert is an American business man in Japan who after a night with a woman witnesses her murder by a feared ninja.  He's wounded but survives and this mysterious feared ninja is after him.  What a boring movie.  The action scenes are lame.  The way some people are killed, you can tell they're using prop swords, knives, etc.  This could be one of those so bad it's good movies, but it didn't work like that for me.  0/10

Fried Green Tomatoes my mom has watched this infinity times, and I've watched a lot of it, I just never watched it from beginning to end.  Kathy Bates is a bored and ignored housewife who makes a friend in Jessica Tandy's character.  She tells Bates a story from the 1930s in a small Alabama town where a woman was accused of murder(the guy was asking for it several times over)  It was a long two hours.  The characters were compelling and interesting but having seen lots of this movie here and there, I figured out the twists ahead of time.  Not a bad movie, but nothing I'm in a hurry to see again.  6/10

Moonfall was ok.  IMO you'll either think this is awful or so bad it's good/guilty pleasure.  I doubt many people will actually like this one.  It's a Roland Emmerich film so that should tell you if you'd like it or not.  I think it's ok but nothing I'm in any hurry to see a second time.  5/10

23 hours ago, Malfatron said:

War of the Worlds is boring 

Yeah, but it’s still not nearly as terrible as people make it out to be. I feel like Spielberg was channeling 50’s sci fi films, and it just didn’t play with audiences unfortunately. I’m not trying to prop it up as a great movie, but I hate the nitpicking on things. Like literally every dang movie could be obliterated with common sense.

Long shot but what is the (maybe) 2010s space travel movie where they go to another planet, find a guy that was hibernating in a pod til a rescue team came and then he ends up screwing them over and stole their ship and died. There’s jet packs and stuff. It’s like on the edge of my memory but I can’t place it. It isn’t interstellar is it? 

21 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Long shot but what is the (maybe) 2010s space travel movie where they go to another planet, find a guy that was hibernating in a pod til a rescue team came and then he ends up screwing them over and stole their ship and died. There’s jet packs and stuff. It’s like on the edge of my memory but I can’t place it. It isn’t interstellar is it? 

It's Interstellar

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Few movies are as disappointing on the back end as Sunshine was. Every time I watch it I totally love it...until I don't. 

Oh definitely. I forgot the exact runtime, but I really liked it till like the last 25-ish minutes. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ty21 said:

2001: A Space Odyssey.

But you are mistaken about a rescue team coming and stealing their ship. You were thinking of HAL that screwed everyone over. He spied on the crew and he wouldnt open the pod bay doors for Dave.

Also, it wasnt jetpacks exactly. I was more like a large baby in space

42 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

2001: A Space Odyssey.

But you are mistaken about a rescue team coming and stealing their ship. You were thinking of HAL that screwed everyone over. He spied on the crew and he wouldnt open the pod bay doors for Dave.

Also, it wasnt jetpacks exactly. I was more like a large baby in space

Maybe I’m thinking of Harry Potter 8

44 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

25 minutes into cloverfield paradox and I don’t care what is happening 

Seeing what a misfire this movie was makes me sad the Prometheus (trilogy?) movies aren’t held at a higher regard. I thought they were fun watches.