What movie are you watching?

Forge

Finished the MI watch through, most of them all have a certain part that stand out form the others. MI has the best theft scene, MI3 the best villain, MI5 the chase scene, and MI6 the best right scene. I wish there was a better villain to take on Hunt as a equal, MI2 tried that but was the worst  movie, the rest were the same ex agent who is best behind the computer or behind the scenes. My ranking goes.

1-MI3 still the best mix for me, best villain, trying to humanize hunt with his marriage, Vatican scene was good also. 

2.-MI5 really loved the introduction of Ferguson character, although Jeremy’s  could’ve been better used. The scene in the play was really good.

3. MI6- return of Ferguson character, Henry’s was good also, also less Bennie. Tried to much with the twist and turns

4. MI5 just a good film but nothing to stand out besides the tower scene

5. MI1 had the best theft secne  but overall don’t care to much for the rest of the film.

6. MI2 just the worst of the franchise, style, music, to sexualized. Nothing fit what the franchise should be.

• Like 1

The Northman was ok.  A viking prince sees his father murdered and years later goes on a quest for revenge.  The action/battle scenes had wide shots so you know what's going on, that's a huge plus.  For the most part it's well directed.  A few weird editing choices.  Lots of shots of actors faces with (mostly)a black background.  A few shots of the camera panning up with a person then another person, etc.  I'm not big on how this one ended either.  Might be better on a second viewing, but I'm in no hurry to see this a  second time  5/10

The Quick and the Dead(95)  Sam Raimi directed this western with Sharon Stone coming to  town to settle a score with Gene Hackman involving duels at high noon.  The duels become rinse, repeat after a while.  Sharon Stone looked bored, even when she was kicking butt.  GH, Russell Crowe and Leo DiCaprio were all good, this is just something to watch when theres nothing to do.  4/10

My Girl(91) I have some nostalgia for this movie since I was a teen when this was released.  I adore this movie.  Anna Chlumsky was great in this.  And she had a great cast with Dan Aykroyd, Jamie Lee Curtis and Macaulay Culkin.  One thing with Vada(AC character) is she very relatable and a lot of the things she experiences in this movie we've all experienced from the good to the bad to the heartbreaking.  A must see and must see again.  10/10

• Like 1

Okay, damn… Django Unchained is a MUCH closer second to Inglourious Basterds.

Holy balls, man. I am not a fan of Jaimie Foxx, but this is a top 500 acting performance / role fit all-time. Five hundred might not sound like much praise, but a lot of people can’t think before 1990, and there have been two flawless portrayals of Doc Holliday. (Douglas, Kilmer). William Holden exists. Alec Guinness was a legend before a galaxy far, far away, James Mason was possibly the most underrated actor ever.

I wanted to go through and re-watch all the best Men on a Mission movies, but I decided to take a brief detour and revisit Django Unchained.

I’m not 100% sure just yet, mostly due to Tarantino sometimes getting in his own way, but this one might be elevated to the Legendary Outpost31 10/10 rating status.

I don’t know if I can even legally do that with less than 5 viewings, but I might try it on for size.

Can’t do it. Can’t give it a 10. If Christopher Waltz had gone out with a bit of a fight it would be a 10, but I can’t accept him just accepting it like that especially when he had the drop on that one dude with the element of surprise and I’m pretty sure that Derringer is the type with two shots. I have two of them myself (newer versions, but kinda like replicas) and they fit two rounds in there. Just pull the hammer back and shoot, then repeat.

He doesn’t say sorry like that and that other dude is dead.

Then Waltz and Foxx both in that shootout and… Yeah. 10. Even if Waltz died.

Also, Tarantino can’t help himself. He’s always got that one lame dumb addition to each of his movies. He saved it for the very very end with Django. It worked in Basterds (killing Hitler). It was just lame and dumb and ruined the entire mood at the end of Django.

It turned The Hateful Eight from a 10 to a 7 with his lame, completely poorly timed narration.

Edited by Outpost31

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It turned The Hateful Eight from a 10 to a 7 with his lame, completely poorly timed narration.

The Hateful Eight is the only Tarantino movie I couldn’t finish. The dialogue between Kurt Russell and Samuel L at the beginning seemed forced to me.

I remember liking Django, but I don’t remember it all that well. Basterds is great. Pulp Fiction is my favorite.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

The Hateful Eight is the only Tarantino movie I couldn’t finish. The dialogue between Kurt Russell and Samuel L at the beginning seemed forced to me.

I remember liking Django, but I don’t remember it all that well. Basterds is great. Pulp Fiction is my favorite.

I think Tarantino rewrote a lot after the script got leaked out of spite is what probably happened. I don’t remember the dialogue feeling forced. I remember getting all emotionally invested in it thinking holy cow, this movie might be #2. Then the narration. Followed by the superfluous flashback.

Pulp Fiction isn’t my thing, but it’s extremely solid as a movie. Same with OUATI Hollywood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I think Tarantino rewrote a lot after the script got leaked out of spite is what probably happened. I don’t remember the dialogue feeling forced. I remember getting all emotionally invested in it thinking holy cow, this movie might be #2. Then the narration. Followed by the superfluous flashback.

Pulp Fiction isn’t my thing, but it’s extremely solid as a movie. Same with OUATI Hollywood.

To be fair, The Hateful Eight never appealed to me so I wasn’t excited for it. I didn’t even give it a shot until this year. I loved OUATI Hollywood. To each his own.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, Tarantino can’t help himself. He’s always got that one lame dumb addition to each of his movies. He saved it for the very very end with Django.

What was it for Django? I don’t recall

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

What was it for Django? I don’t recall

Just the lame sunglasses and how Broomhilda plugged her ears before the explosion and how Jamie Foxx had his horse do a weird dance thing all in the final 3 minutes.

Blue Collar, Black Mark - Chicago Reader

Blue Collar 9/10

Gut punch of a move about race and class. the 3 leads were all fantastic. Film featured one a most gruesome deaths and one of the most downer endings I've seen. This film also gets more realer by the generation when you look at the current state of the working class. More people need to see this

On 7/18/2022 at 6:31 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Finished the MI watch through, most of them all have a certain part that stand out form the others. MI has the best theft scene, MI3 the best villain, MI5 the chase scene, and MI6 the best right scene. I wish there was a better villain to take on Hunt as a equal, MI2 tried that but was the worst  movie, the rest were the same ex agent who is best behind the computer or behind the scenes. My ranking goes.

1-MI3 still the best mix for me, best villain, trying to humanize hunt with his marriage, Vatican scene was good also. 

2.-MI5 really loved the introduction of Ferguson character, although Jeremy’s  could’ve been better used. The scene in the play was really good.

3. MI6- return of Ferguson character, Henry’s was good also, also less Bennie. Tried to much with the twist and turns

4. MI5 just a good film but nothing to stand out besides the tower scene

5. MI1 had the best theft secne  but overall don’t care to much for the rest of the film.

6. MI2 just the worst of the franchise, style, music, to sexualized. Nothing fit what the franchise should be.

Owen Davian is criminally underrated as a villain. PSH was amazing.

• Like 1