What movie are you watching?

Forge

The Black Phone is a solid suspense thriller with supernatural elements in it.  Ethan Hawke was creepy in this, he plays a good villain.  Mason Thames was good in his role as the killers next victim locked in a soundproof room.  The kid getting calls from a disconnected phone from the killers previous victims was neat.  The sister having dreams that helps with the investigation I felt was the movies weak point.  But I feel this is a solid thriller that I can watch again.  7/10  

3 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

The Black Phone is a solid suspense thriller with supernatural elements in it.  Ethan Hawke was creepy in this, he plays a good villain.  Mason Thames was good in his role as the killers next victim locked in a soundproof room.  The kid getting calls from a disconnected phone from the killers previous victims was neat.  The sister having dreams that helps with the investigation I felt was the movies weak point.  But I feel this is a solid thriller that I can watch again.  7/10  

It’s not a thriller it’s a horror. 

Slither is a one hour and 35 minute love letter to Nightmare on Elm Street, The Blob, The Thing, Predator, Invasion of the Bodysnatchers, 1950’s sci fi, 1980’s homages to 1950’s sci fi, Tremors and all the best movies made.

I’m pretty close to escalating this to a 10/10.

I really REALLY wish Gunn would give the superhero genre a break and return to horror. His talents are wasted in an overdone and over saturated genre. He needs to get back to original material.

I’ve been listening to DGA podcast episodes where a director interviews another director about their film. Then I try to watch the corresponding film after listening. I find these interviews from their peers to be more insightful to the process. 

Gavin O’Connor interviews James Mangold:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-directors-cut-a-dga-podcast/id1067471691?i=1000382719608

maxresdefault.jpg

Logan

Alexander Payne interviews Sofia Coppola:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-directors-cut-a-dga-podcast/id1067471691?i=1000505967082

Brody-OnTheRocks.jpg

On The Rocks

Edited by thrILL!

Almost famous continues to be a damn near perfect movie for me. Definitely an all time desert movie pick for sure. Yes, there's an overload of personal sentimentality imbued in my love of it based on knowing where I was in my life when it came out, but damn man, it's just so damn good. 

Gives me all the feels 

I would have dropped all my money in Kate Hudson stock after this. It never panned out, but she's truly magnetic in this movie. Not sure where this actress went after this movie

• Like 2

On 9/12/2022 at 6:48 PM, thrILL! said:

I’ve been listening to DGA podcast episodes where a director interviews another director about their film. Then I try to watch the corresponding film after listening. I find these interviews from their peers to be more insightful to the process. 

This is a lower IQ response to your post, but the movie Tusk was one of the worst movies I’d seen, until I watched the podcast where they dreamed it all up. It’s much funnier knowing it was just Kevin Smith shooting the **** with his buddies creating a stupid story idea that they had the facilities to produce. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Almost famous continues to be a damn near perfect movie for me. Definitely an all time desert movie pick for sure. Yes, there's an overload of personal sentimentality imbued in my love of it based on knowing where I was in my life when it came out, but damn man, it's just so damn good. 

Gives me all the feels 

I would have dropped all my money in Kate Hudson stock after this. It never panned out, but she's truly magnetic in this movie. Not sure where this actress went after this movie

It was one of the small handful of dvds my dad had when I was growing up. I go back to it every couple years or so 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Gives me all the feels 

The Bootleg Cut (director’s cut) is even better for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet.  There’s probably 15-20 mins added that help flesh out multiple scenes.  You get to see more of William’s interviews with the band that really helps tie into the argument on the airplane. 

• Like 2

Rewatched Good Will Hunting for the 10th time- the first 90% of the movie is excellent, they get a little lost in the ending of the movie, more relaistic than dramatic, in a modern movie they would probably have the climatic end happen all together, Chuckie, Wil Skyklah and the psychologist would all meet together to resolve the issue.

Idk if I can call Moonfall the worst movie I’ve ever seen but it might be the worst written and worst acted big budget movie I’ve ever seen. It’s so bad that I felt compelled to see it through but dear god was it miserable. 

I was giving a play by play of my thoughts before realizing it’s only fun making fun of a movie that stands a chance. This is like making fun of Johnny Knox for not running fast. This is like when SNL didn’t know how to make fun of Donald Trump cause he did worse himself. 

I will leave you with two wonderful quotes:

”It’s like some self-aware, self-replicating singularity”

“Strange pulsating lights from beneath the moons crust”

This movie actually gets worse the longer it goes. My mind is blown.