What movie are you watching?

Forge

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

hou_art_20220916_confess_header.jpeg?cb=

Jon Hamm really made this his own and it was pretty damn funny.  I lowkey could've gone for this as a TV series but word is there's a sequel on deck.  

Is this streaming anywhere or only in theaters?  I think i'm going to check it out.  Never liked Chevy Chase's Fletch but the trailer for this has me intrigued.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Is this streaming anywhere or only in theaters?  I think i'm going to check it out.  Never liked Chevy Chase's Fletch but the trailer for this has me intrigued.

It’s in theaters & VOD and then it’s supposed to go to Showtime iirc. 

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Was able to see Dogma on YouTube after not belong able to for so many years, due to being held hostage. Still a good movie.

I’ve been meaning to get rid of my dvd collection. Definitely going to hold onto Dogma though. Any other movies in a similar situation that you know of?

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’ve been meaning to get rid of my dvd collection. Definitely going to hold onto Dogma though. Any other movies in a similar situation that you know of?

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2019/10/17/41720527/every-unstreamable-film-weve-blurbed-so-far

I'm not sure how updated this is or how inclusive it is , but I've checked in a time or two because I know that for a long time, a movie like Pump up the Volume wasn't on any streaming service (still isn't) and it took forever to come out on blu ray (I think it was finally released last year). 

A lot of times it's a musical licensing issue. Other times (like with Dogma), I think it's an ownership  issue. I think I heard Kevin Smith say that Weinstein was basically holding Dogma hostage. I'm sure that he's doing that with other movies. 

Don't Worry Darling was... okay. It has some feel-good moments and moves at a nice pace, but it felt formulaic and underutilized its concept, which could've went in a million different directions and instead, they chose the safest approach possible with this. You can see the "twist" ending coming from a mile away. I will say this, though: Flo Pugh definitely makes it watchable, she absolutely kills her performance.

Edited by KManX89

On 9/27/2022 at 8:52 PM, KManX89 said:

Don't Worry Darling was... okay. It has some feel-good moments and moves at a nice pace, but it felt formulaic and underutilized its concept, which could've went in a million different directions and instead, they chose the safest approach possible with this. You can see the "twist" ending coming from a mile away. I will say this, though: Flo Pugh definitely makes it watchable, she absolutely kills her performance.

Sad because I was looking forward to this.

Oh well, maybe Smile will be the one

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Feminist and Misogynist seem to agree on this one

havent seen it 

It can’t be worse than Black Christmas 2019, though. I damn near got a concussion from being beaten over the head with its message from start to finish, and I usually don’t care about any of that “woke” or “agenda” crap.

Edited by KManX89

11 hours ago, KManX89 said:

It can’t be worse than Black Christmas 2019, though. I damn near got a concussion from being beaten over the head with its message from start to finish, and I usually don’t care about any of that “woke” or “agenda” crap.

It's trash for completely different reasons than Black Christmas 2019.

Rewatched the first two Austin Powers films. Both hold up well IMO but the 2nd one is better, introduction of mini me and the fat guy help with the secondary characters. Also felicity was better suited next to Austin, than Vanessa was.

Won’t watch goldmember, just a bad movie.

Edited by Fresh Prince