What movie are you watching?

Forge

31 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

She was my favorite part of the movie.

But anna and fiennes scene at the end was pitch perfect

Yeah, i love this movie. 

We need more movies like this. Tight-knit, dialogue heavy, single location thrillers with An otherworldly bend.

It was flawless. Can’t say enough good things about this movie.

If you hate this movie, Transformers is in your top three all time if you hated this movie. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We need more movies like this. Tight-knit, dialogue heavy, single location thrillers with An otherworldly bend.

It was flawless. Can’t say enough good things about this movie.

If you hate this movie, Transformers is in your top three all time if you hated this movie. 

When we found out the reason why

Spoiler

john leguzamo was part of the group

I died.

Not only was it really funny, but also played completely straight with real fear

Also, 

Spoiler

What are these?

Tortillas

I will rewatch it, but likely only to show people that havent seen it, but totally worth another watch

• Like 2

Yeah The Menu was a good watch, especially if you’ve worked in the industry. There’s been a few new age modern feeling horror-esque movies that feel aesthetically and visually impressive with a good balance of not-cheap scares, magnetizing comedy, palpable mystery and intrigue. It feels way less formulaic than the generic old stuff I’m used to. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

When we found out the reason why

Hide contents

john leguzamo was part of the group

I died.

Not only was it really funny, but also played completely straight with real fear

Also, 

Hide contents

What are these?

Tortillas

I will rewatch it, but likely only to show people that havent seen it, but totally worth another watch

I personally 

Spoiler

Felt attacked when he tasked Nicholas Hoult’s character with cooking his own creation and embarrassing the **** out of himself. I’m fine copying other people’s execution and recipes, but in the same spot idve done the same lmao 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

I personally 

Hide contents

Felt attacked when he tasked Nicholas Hoult’s character with cooking his own creation and embarrassing the **** out of himself. I’m fine copying other people’s execution and recipes, but in the same spot idve done the same lmao 

Spoiler

And the menu description overlay of his finished dish was the coup de grace

• Like 1

You People 

“The film can’t figure out if it wants to be a love story or social commentary, and ends up doing neither very well.”

I felt like this review summed it up the best. I actually liked the first act, maybe because I’m so starved for comedies, but the awkward was fun and racial politics were expectedly cringe. But then it just kept driving home the same lazy jokes and concepts for 2 hours with no character development or reason to watch. It ends as all romcoms do, with the two falling apart and then getting back together against the odds, but the ending was even stranger than usual because they didn’t talk for months, met up unknowingly after their parents planned it, then got married in a ceremony immediately after in a wedding their parents planned and brought their entire family to, as if their prior affection for each other overruled the fact they hadn’t talked in months, likely moved on physically, and allowed themselves to abandon each other because their family wasn’t supportive. I feel like I watched nothing for 2 hours and have nothing to show for it. Having David Duchovny and Julia Louis Dreyfus as parents did resonate with me though, as my parents are obnoxiously attractive people and Jonah Hill and I both kinda have that middle school gym teacher vibe that defies genetics 

20 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Rewatching Hunger Games

Good plot progression, good characters/acting

But just horrible cinematography and editing. The camera is wobbly even in quiet scenes and the action scenes are terrible. Often you cant tell whats even happening

Watched hunger games part 2

Definitely has more pacing issues than the first one but infinitely better cinematography. 

The 2nd one is about bigger things, but i like the self contained plot of HG1

The games themselves

Theres better characters in hunger Game 1  (Roux sp?)

But theres more interesting characters in hunger games 2

Theres way too many characters in HG1 (like the district 11 male) that died offscreen. And the redhead child in HG1 scored really well at identifying the correct plants to eat but then died with berries. That rang false.

In general though, the HG2 has diminishing returns over HG1. So although HG2 improved in some aspects, it wasnt as engaging as the first one. A lot of it was more of the same. And it is really noticable when watching them basically back to back.

Instead of appeciating the slow buildup in HG1, i just wanted them to get to the damn games already in the sequel.

Also, it really needed more PSH, but hopefully that shores itself up when the game starts 

So ratings, even though the camerawork was a mess in HG1

HG1: 7.3 (novelty factor and straightforward plot, laughable camera work)

HG2: 5.10 (the first half is a drag, and the 2nd half aint great)

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Black Water is the best crocodile movie ever made. Unless you prefer campy. But as far as crocodile thrillers… Nothing has come close.

Truly terrifying.

Idk, Jaws is still up there for me. When you first see the crocodile fin coming up out of the water. And the music. Won’t be topped.