What movie are you watching?

Forge

12 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i went to a 4DX movie like a decade ago and it was just like vibrating seats and i was like damn that **** is the lamest. well i just went to the titanic re-release and all they had available for the rest of the day was 4DX so i was like **** it i guess so. 4DX is actually kinda crazy now. i was ******* having a blast. there's like smoke shooting out at the front of the auditorium, every time a rich guy comes on screen it like sprays a cologne smell. starts squirting water at you when **** hits the fan. it's shaking and twerking you so hard that i actually had to kinda sit firm so i didn't fall outta the chair. blowing a **** load of air on you and stuff. strobe lights going off at times. 4DX is a lot better than it used to be. 

I’m not going to ask what it did when Jack and Rose bang in the car but I’m here if you need someone to talk to 

• Like 3

On 2/12/2023 at 12:13 PM, FinneasGage said:

i went to a 4DX movie like a decade ago and it was just like vibrating seats and i was like damn that **** is the lamest. well i just went to the titanic re-release and all they had available for the rest of the day was 4DX so i was like **** it i guess so. 4DX is actually kinda crazy now. i was ******* having a blast. there's like smoke shooting out at the front of the auditorium, every time a rich guy comes on screen it like sprays a cologne smell. starts squirting water at you when **** hits the fan. it's shaking and twerking you so hard that i actually had to kinda sit firm so i didn't fall outta the chair. blowing a **** load of air on you and stuff. strobe lights going off at times. 4DX is a lot better than it used to be. 

ha ha.. the cologne thing bows my mind.. never even heard of that. 

Still sucks that ***** wouldn't move over and let Jack share the door... lol 

Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone 

plowing through them all and decided to post my random thoughts on things I maybe didn’t pick up before 

•lol if hermione didn’t lie about seeking out the troll and just said they rescued her they wouldn’t have lost house points. 

•nice oversight by the wizarding world to have a dude working at kings cross station that isn’t familiar with magic or platform 9 3/4

•it’s actually insane griffendor had a 160 point deficit after an entire year of school and dumbledore just said **** you to slytherin and wiped away their entire enormous lead so his favorite student could win 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

plowing through them all and decided to post my random thoughts on things I maybe didn’t pick up before 

•lol if hermione didn’t lie about seeking out the troll and just said they rescued her they wouldn’t have lost house points. 

•nice oversight by the wizarding world to have a dude working at kings cross station that isn’t familiar with magic or platform 9 3/4

•it’s actually insane griffendor had a 160 point deficit after an entire year of school and dumbledore just said **** you to slytherin and wiped away their entire enormous lead so his favorite student could win 

I always thought the same thing. Could’ve just said hermione, was in the bathroom and didn’t know about the troll, so they came to warn her. But since they’re kids I can understand her lying.

6 hours ago, Ty21 said:

i'm not someone who falls asleep during movies... like ever... even if i'm dead tired i never really doze off... but put a harry potter movie on and i'm guaranteed to lose consciousness. it's pretty crazy. might be something in the score that's just an off-button for me, i dunno. 

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

In the grand scheme, are house points really that important?

Don’t let Percy hear you say that 

4 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i'm not someone who falls asleep during movies... like ever... even if i'm dead tired i never really doze off... but put a harry potter movie on and i'm guaranteed to lose consciousness. it's pretty crazy. might be something in the score that's just an off-button for me, i dunno. 

it does account for roughly 1/8 of your day. Prime sleeping material iyam 

Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets 

•the Dursley’s should be in jail for child abuse. There should be nothing close to redemption for Petunia or Vernon in the series. They don’t deserve it, and they deserved much worse fates. 

•it’s incredible the Weasley’s clock has a feature for when one of them is in prison. Utter faith in her kids lol 

•that creepy hand thing that squeezed Harry’s arm probably gives incredible handj…uh…hand shakes…

•they should’ve just sent it every movie with hermione oculus reparo’ing Harry’s glasses and Harry being too daft to learn the spell himself

•Draco rips the page out of a book and pockets it even though his dad could’ve bought him the whole bookstore. Page must’ve had tiddies on it 

•Jason Isaacs was one of the biggest home run castings. He was good af as Lucius Malfoy and whatshisface in The Patriot 

•omg I’m pretty the fat ***** at kings cross station that called them out for running into a wall was the same fat ***** at kings cross station that was confused about his questions in the first movie 

•for as bad as the cgi was in the troll scene in the first one, I really like the whomping willow beating the **** out of the car scene. From a nostalgia aspect, this might be my fav Hp Movie 

•Emma Watson’s acting is markedly better than the first 

•Ron lowkey did an excellent job transfiguring the rat into a cup considering his wand was broken. The same wand the great Gilderoy Lockhart destroyed himself with 

•if Dobby put his skillset to something useful instead of trying to mutilate a 12 year old, he might’ve ended Voldemort’s return before it started

•picture a 10 year old Ty21 imitating Harry Potter doing parseltongue and talking to snakes. What a bad motherf*cker 

•Harry really is the least perceptive character in the history of screens 

•this movie still had the good dumbledore, but not matter how good this dumbledore was, he was still a miserably incompetent headmaster that could’ve done infinitely more but students were always in grave danger under his watch lol

•it’s probably annoying my kids that I’m quoting both of these movies almost word for word before it happens 

•Hagrid deserved to be expelled just for speaking like an idiot all the time. Did they not teacher grammar at all at hogwarts 

•like seriously, Dumbledore knew what voldemort was when he recruited him as a child, didn’t condemn him or suspect him when he was being a murdery horcrux making freak at hogwarts, didn’t suspect anything when the same stuff that happened in the riddle years were happening again. We’re made to distrust the ministry of magic for wanting to remove Dumbledore as headmaster but they’re 100% right. He sucks. 

•seeing Snape run to Ginny’s crime scene, it should’ve never been assumed he was on anyones side but the good guys’. Dude looked like a concerned baseball mom after her kid got hit in the helmet with the ball. You can’t fake that compassion

•gilderoy backing down to the two students threatening him is all time. They know like 2 spells. What, are they gonna windgardium leviosa him to death? Homeboy conned his whole life, could’ve obliviated them and then thrown football helmets on them and put them unconscious outside. People would just assume they have CTE. 

•I’m 90% sure parseltongue is just Gaelic. I don’t speak Gaelic. 

•Harry inadvertently acknowledged Hagrid is a brainless oaf. When Tom Riddle called him as such, Harry yelled that Hagrid is his friend, but didn’t refute him being a brainless oaf. 

•pretty fortuitous that the hat and bird were enough to assist Harry against a wizard mass murderer while dumbledore ****ed off on his couch. 

•I do love that the gryffendor sword gets a callback later on after being impregnated with basilisk venom. Good call on voldy’s part though to put a horcrux in such close proximity to one of the only things that can destroy it lol. It was less the good guys taking him down in this series and more him just consistently making the dumbest choices until he died 

•but yeah, brilliant foreshadowing for the future throughout. Idk if she intended that the entire time or if she did the absolute most with what she unintentionally set up. 

•dumbledore hands the sword to Harry and he grabs it by the sharp blade part that’s covered in blood and venom. Jesus Christ. 

•and yet again, Harry almost gets murdered like 50 feet from where dumbledore is just jerking off at his desk. Lucius wound up and was using the killing curse on Harry after he cost him Dobby’s servitude. Most neglectful character in Harry Potter, including Vernon and Petunia who made it their actual life mission to neglect Harry. 

•the biggest triumph for Harry in this isn’t saving the school or any of that stuff, it’s surviving Dobby’s attempts on his life. 

•Hagrid is a half giant but 12 year old Harry came up to his chest when he hugged him. Either Hagrid is lying about a couple inches or 12 year old Harry is like 6’5

• Like 2