What movie are you watching?

Forge

16 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Watched hunger games part 2

Definitely has more pacing issues than the first one but infinitely better cinematography. 

The 2nd one is about bigger things, but i like the self contained plot of HG1

The games themselves

Theres better characters in hunger Game 1  (Roux sp?)

But theres more interesting characters in hunger games 2

Theres way too many characters in HG1 (like the district 11 male) that died offscreen. And the redhead child in HG1 scored really well at identifying the correct plants to eat but then died with berries. That rang false.

In general though, the HG2 has diminishing returns over HG1. So although HG2 improved in some aspects, it wasnt as engaging as the first one. A lot of it was more of the same. And it is really noticable when watching them basically back to back.

Instead of appeciating the slow buildup in HG1, i just wanted them to get to the damn games already in the sequel.

Also, it really needed more PSH, but hopefully that shores itself up when the game starts 

So ratings, even though the camerawork was a mess in HG1

HG1: 7.3 (novelty factor and straightforward plot, laughable camera work)

HG2: 5.10 (the first half is a drag, and the 2nd half aint great)

HG2 is the only one I actually enjoy out of the 4.

6 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Better than lake placid?

That's the disclaimer. If you prefer campy, Lake Placid is king. If you want more of a thriller, scary version of what a killer crocodile experience might be like... Black Water is the undisputed champ.

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

That's the disclaimer. If you prefer campy, Lake Placid is king. If you want more of a thriller, scary version of what a killer crocodile experience might be like... Black Water is the undisputed champ.

I'll need to check it out but I do love Lake Placid.

On 1/28/2023 at 7:17 PM, Malfatron said:

Watched hunger games part 2

Definitely has more pacing issues than the first one but infinitely better cinematography. 

The 2nd one is about bigger things, but i like the self contained plot of HG1

The games themselves

Theres better characters in hunger Game 1  (Roux sp?)

But theres more interesting characters in hunger games 2

Theres way too many characters in HG1 (like the district 11 male) that died offscreen. And the redhead child in HG1 scored really well at identifying the correct plants to eat but then died with berries. That rang false.

In general though, the HG2 has diminishing returns over HG1. So although HG2 improved in some aspects, it wasnt as engaging as the first one. A lot of it was more of the same. And it is really noticable when watching them basically back to back.

Instead of appeciating the slow buildup in HG1, i just wanted them to get to the damn games already in the sequel.

Also, it really needed more PSH, but hopefully that shores itself up when the game starts 

So ratings, even though the camerawork was a mess in HG1

HG1: 7.3 (novelty factor and straightforward plot, laughable camera work)

HG2: 5.10 (the first half is a drag, and the 2nd half aint great)

Hunger games 3

I like it the best so far because its the most different amd PSH is in it quite a bit

30 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Hunger games 3

I like it the best so far because its the most different amd PSH is in it quite a bit

Oh my god, its over 4 hrs long for mockingjay part 1. Looks like its the extended version

I watched the first 1hr 13 min and its good so far.

I will watch more tomorrow

I finished a Twilight Saga rewatch and boy it's just as bad now as it was 10+ years ago. The acting, the story and the CGI were just brutal. I spent a lot of time laughing and I don't think it was intended to be a comedy. The CGI stuff to make the baby look like Mackenzie Foy all throughout was brutal. 

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I finished a Twilight Saga rewatch and boy it's just as bad now as it was 10+ years ago. The acting, the story and the CGI were just brutal. I spent a lot of time laughing and I don't think it was intended to be a comedy. The CGI stuff to make the baby look like Mackenzie Foy all throughout was brutal. 

You’re braver than me for watching that twice. I won’t even watch it once.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Draft Day. My excitement for the draft this year is as high as it was in my first years of football fandom so I wonder if it’ll usurp my subtle memories of this movie being ****ing terrible 

I read an article a while back about how absurd the trades made in this are.

• Like 1