What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Draft Day. My excitement for the draft this year is as high as it was in my first years of football fandom so I wonder if it’ll usurp my subtle memories of this movie being ****ing terrible 

I feel like they wrote the movie up to the Vontae Mack selection and filmed it before realizing they only had an hour’s worth of footage so they threw together everything after on the spot. What team would trade the 6th overall pick for a 2nd and two future 2’s lol. I also like the implication of a GM getting hired young but being skittish and petrified enough to make the trade because he apparently only scouted one player to draft at 6. Then the transferral of power dynamic from the Seattle GM that had his **** together suddenly becoming a panicky goober that traded everything he got to get a player he didn’t even want. Idk if I can criticize the Browns for not scouting anyone til the day of the draft because that kinda actually feels like a browns move. This movie was definitely written by Hollywood guys that have no interest in football. But honestly it was watchable, maybe because I went in knowing it sucked. 

• Like 1

Shotgun Wedding is bad.   Jennifer Lopez and Josh Duhamel are ok together.  The villains are standard villians, even the main pirate was just there.  The surprise villain was easy to figure out.  A couple laughs, and the final action scene involving boats and a helicopter was fun(compared to the rest of the movie) but also predictable.  This movie felt like part of a franchise and the studio needed to make a sequel to keep the rights.  Jennifer Lopez is still good to look at though.  3/10 and I'm being generous

On 1/29/2023 at 12:47 PM, Outpost31 said:

That's the disclaimer. If you prefer campy, Lake Placid is king. If you want more of a thriller, scary version of what a killer crocodile experience might be like... Black Water is the undisputed champ.

Black Water was great.  That crap Rogue it connected me to afterwards wasn't.

• Like 1

Joe Carnahan is about 5 chances and a little refinement away from making a perfect movie.

Really liked Copshop. I hope he gets a few more opportunities with a budget attached to them. Then again, smaller, more contained might be just what he needs to stay just a little bit out of his own way.

On 2/4/2023 at 7:58 PM, seminoles1 said:

I read an article a while back about how absurd the trades made in this are.

Sorry but chatgpt disagrees

Draft Day is a must-watch for fans of American football and sports movies in general. The film offers a behind-the-scenes look at the high-stakes world of NFL draft day and the intricate decision-making process of a general manager. The realism of the trades depicted in the movie is one of its standout features and adds to the suspense and excitement of the film. The attention to detail and authenticity of the negotiations and draft-day wheeling and dealing make it easy to become fully immersed in the world of the film. The talented cast, including Kevin Costner and Jennifer Garner, brings the characters to life and makes for a highly enjoyable viewing experience. Overall, Draft Day is a well-crafted sports drama that effectively captures the thrill of the draft and the intense pressure faced by those in the NFL's front offices.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Sorry but chatgpt disagrees

Draft Day is a must-watch for fans of American football and sports movies in general. The film offers a behind-the-scenes look at the high-stakes world of NFL draft day and the intricate decision-making process of a general manager. The realism of the trades depicted in the movie is one of its standout features and adds to the suspense and excitement of the film. The attention to detail and authenticity of the negotiations and draft-day wheeling and dealing make it easy to become fully immersed in the world of the film. The talented cast, including Kevin Costner and Jennifer Garner, brings the characters to life and makes for a highly enjoyable viewing experience. Overall, Draft Day is a well-crafted sports drama that effectively captures the thrill of the draft and the intense pressure faced by those in the NFL's front offices.

It has been said therefore it must be true