What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

The first 2/3 of Minority Report is one of the best sci-fi movies of all time, but despite being a big fan, I agree the ending fell flat.  I'd still have it well above Ready Player One though, but I did enjoy RPO.

Yeah it had so much promise

The ending should have been a bigger moral dilemma

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I'm getting into the original 40's/50's film noir movies.

I watched Double Indemnity last night. Absolutely fantastic.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh….

I’ll skip the obvious because I’m not a fan of most of the obvious:

Shadow of a Doubt, The Killing, The Asphalt Jungle, Laura.

Diabolique isn’t really considered a noire film, certainly not a noire detective film, but it is the biggest thriller must watch of any movie made in the 50’s. By far. 

• Like 1

I happen to be a big fan of Minority Report and love everything about it. It’s a once a decade watch, but it proved you can have that ultra neo noire look and aesthetic while also being entertaining and not a fart sniffing pretentious snooze fest like Blade Runner.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 10:00 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Minority Report has to be in the bottom 5 of Spielberg movies. Just an average sci fi film.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen, I hate that one with a passion.

I think the entire premise is ridiculous nonsense and it just gets worse as the movie drags on.. and on... and on.. 

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

Rewatched two of my favorites.

Remember The Titans-easily in my top 10 all time. I know they took liberties with the real story, but still such a great film. Left side…….Strong side

Rise of the planet of the apes- Serkis  was amazing as Caesar, and the emotion they were able to capture in his face. Just so many great shots in this film. 

i went to a 4DX movie like a decade ago and it was just like vibrating seats and i was like damn that **** is the lamest. well i just went to the titanic re-release and all they had available for the rest of the day was 4DX so i was like **** it i guess so. 4DX is actually kinda crazy now. i was ******* having a blast. there's like smoke shooting out at the front of the auditorium, every time a rich guy comes on screen it like sprays a cologne smell. starts squirting water at you when **** hits the fan. it's shaking and twerking you so hard that i actually had to kinda sit firm so i didn't fall outta the chair. blowing a **** load of air on you and stuff. strobe lights going off at times. 4DX is a lot better than it used to be. 

• Like 1