What movie are you watching?

Forge

I watched a handful of movies on the plane there and back.

Fall - okay thriller. Very similar to Deep Water or that ski lift movie. Worth the tense moments. 5.5/10

Waterworld - hadn't watched it in a long time but I loved it as a kid. Man it had a lot of issues that I realize now, lol. 

Courage Under Fire - I had actually never seen this movie. Shocker Denzel plays a drunk. It was good though! 6.5/10

TG Maverick - rewatch for me. This movie is just fantastic. 9/10

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I watched "The Menu" this weekend.  Didn't know anything about it.

Loved it!  Great characters, all of them.  Great development.  Solid, solid movie!

That’s what was extra magical about it and barbarian for me: I went in with low to no expectations, so it magnified  it to greater levels 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I watched "The Menu" this weekend.  Didn't know anything about it.

Loved it!  Great characters, all of them.  Great development.  Solid, solid movie!

I was told The Menu was a horror movie (because it's somehow classified as such...). Still loved it. Felt like a really perfect movie from start to finish for me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ty21 said:

That’s what was extra magical about it and barbarian for me: I went in with low to no expectations, so it magnified  it to greater levels 

So...this movie, Barbarian, is that the newer one?  Because I scrolled by it.  I think the picture on the app was that of a girl (younger) looking down what I presumed to be basement stairs?  

Because after watching all of this MCU non-sense lately, it was sure nice to see a real movie again.  I'd like more, please.

• Like 2

In regards to "The Menu', forgive my spelling, but that was Ralph Fiennes as the lead character and chef, right?

And he was "He who shall not be named" in Harry Potter.

I hope when making that movie, the cast behind him and in the kitchen had a lot of fun (outtakes) with wands and things like that.  Such serious scenes that I'll bet some outtakes were very funny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

In regards to "The Menu', forgive my spelling, but that was Ralph Fiennes as the lead character and chef, right?

And he was "He who shall not be named" in Harry Potter.

I hope when making that movie, the cast behind him and in the kitchen had a lot of fun (outtakes) with wands and things like that.  Such serious scenes that I'll bet some outtakes were very funny.

correct on all accounts. Voldemort out here living his dreams becoming a head chef

49 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Finally watched The Town. Great movie. Jeremy Renner was awesome.

I'm going back through and watching great crime/heist movies that I've just never gotten around to seeing. I'm open to suggestions on what to watch next.

Heat
Mystic River
Gone Baby Gone

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Finally watched The Town. Great movie. Jeremy Renner was awesome.

I'm going back through and watching great crime/heist movies that I've just never gotten around to seeing. I'm open to suggestions on what to watch next.

Heat, Inside Man, Point Break with Keanu, Layer Cake, Logan Lucky, Baby Driver, Usual Suspects, Rogue One

also a movie with Brad Pitt whose title gets edited on FF. Rhymes with Batch. 

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Heat, Inside Man, Point Break with Keanu, Layer Cake, Logan Lucky, Baby Driver, Usual Suspects, Rogue One

also a movie with Brad Pitt whose title gets edited on FF. Rhymes with Batch. 

You named some of my favorite movies ever in that list. Logan Lucky, Usual Suspects, and especially the movie we can't name here about degs.