What movie are you watching?

Forge

11 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

negative reception for that was so silly. easily a top 10 movie of '22. 

Two hours in... It's not quite as cranked as the first hour and got a little darker, but still wonderful. Some very intense moments too 

18 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Finally watched The Town. Great movie. Jeremy Renner was awesome.

I'm going back through and watching great crime/heist movies that I've just never gotten around to seeing. I'm open to suggestions on what to watch next.

The Town is the best, probably my favorite movie of all time. 

18 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Heat
Mystic River
Gone Baby Gone

three fantastic movies

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Would’ve let the child stay honestly 

I lean towards agreeing with Casey Afflecks characters decision. She was her mother (albeit a horrible one) she should decide what is best for her kid. Dude even lost his GF over it. But man that end scene when the lil girl is parked in front of the TV and pawned off on Casey for the night while the mother goes out on a date really made me question what is best. No doubt she would have lived a better life with the Police Chief... but how can you in good conscience keep a baby from her biological mother? 

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I lean towards agreeing with Casey Afflecks characters decision. She was her mother (albeit a horrible one) she should decide what is best for her kid. Dude even lost his GF over it. But man that end scene when the lil girl is parked in front of the TV and pawned off on Casey for the night while the mother goes out on a date really made me question what is best. No doubt she would have lived a better life with the Police Chief... but how can you in good conscience keep a baby from her biological mother? 

Bad mothers lose rights to their kids all the time 

• Like 1

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1

•awkward open 

•if I was voldemort, I’d have people watching Harry’s house 24/7

•it’s an inspiration that Voldemort is that ugly but smiles so openly like that. 

•Snape as a venerable triple agent has access to every single death eater, so he knows every ministry plant and all their moves. Dude was essential to the resistance, if not for dumbledore being useless 

•they hit the nail on the head with pure blooded magic people hating half magic people and muggles. All of human history is predicated on hating others based on arbitrary differences, this would fully be the case if it were real too. 

•Lupin and Tonks announcing their pregnancy felt like two actors acting 

•wouldn’t it have been safer to have Harry fly by himself with his invisibility cloak on at like 3 mph 2 feet off the ground 

•the room full of Harry potters just makes me think of Nathan for You when he hires actors that look like him lol. 

•I never really noticed how goofy looking Dan Radcliffe is until seeing 10 people transform into him 

•Hagrid is honestly an incredible driver, at least until he got Tua’ed

•voldemort with an entire playbook of spells and magic when he fought dumbledore but every time he’s face to face with Harry it’s just the killing spell. That’d be like Peyton Manning deciding to only run qb draw against his biggest rival 

•domnhall gleeson trips me up being in this. Went on to be a powerhouse for a time there. 

•it doesn’t do a whole lot for the death eater intimidation factor that they have the drop on Harry’s departure and have voldemort with them and all they manage to do is kill an old washed Auror and damage a Weasley ear 

•I remember hating the casting of Rufus scrimgeour originally. That’s Bill Nighy though lol. 

•when did the three learn to apparate..?

•Harry doesn’t give a waitress the time of day if she isn’t a smoke 

•if this story was about ron it would be a lot cooler. More deaths and they certainly would’ve failed. But would’ve gone out grandiose. 

•I forgot the purpose for Voldemort’s drive to find the elder wand. His wand losing to Harry’s makes sense I suppose but also doesn’t. But does. 

•Cormac with the big pp move: “my father will hear about this” when the death eaters board the train. Homie risked death to tattle 

•Mundungus Fletcher is the worst character in this. I hate all his scenes. 

•they decided to steal the identities of 3 ministry workers by knocking them out, but didn’t think to bind them to their spot, or even shatter a femur. Just asking to get caught 

•my daughter asked what would happen if she stood in the toilet and flushed it after seeing them do it in the movie. If she breaks my toilet, I’m taking legal action on JK Rowling. 

•Ron has to stop the rain in a dude’s office so hermione suggested finite incantatem, which was learned very early in school. So this dude doesn’t know that spell but is a higher up in the ministry? Some of this just doesn’t make any sense. 

•I feel like Delores is less redeemable than I gave her credit for. I assumed her motivations were based on adequately doing her job, but now I think she might just be a bad person. 

•I like that Harry wastes time looking through hermione’s purse because he forgot he was a wizard that can just make it come to him. It must be horrible looking through that thing, having to find something in a girl’s purse is probably a bottom 3 thing you can go through in life. 

•hiding away has to be more terrifying in England. In america you can just put your finger randomly on most spots of the map and never be found 

•Harry condescending to Ron cause he’s a big dumb idiot 

•people playing hogwarts legacy would’ve found hermione and Harry instantly despite protective spells after casting revelio every 3 steps 

•Harry and hermione clearly have a platonic relationship and no deeper connection, but it felt like Harry wanted her after dancing. Ginny doesn’t exist when she can’t be seen. 

•hermione wipes off one grave; it’s exactly the one they’re looking for with the same symbol from the book. 

•old people so entitled, think they can just host guests and not say a word. Oh, shes not an old person, she’s a snake. 

•keeping the sentient locket on while diving underwater seems like a 70 IQ move

•feel like Ron watched naked hermione and Harry a little bit too long before he acted 

•this movie is exhaustingly long but I’m glad it is. And glad they split it in two. I originally criticized the decision as a greedy choice but now it seems like the right choice now. now

•the deathly hallows lore/potter being descended from the peverall brothers was all well written. Still think the resurrection stones are useless 

•natural tacticians the death eaters are. They zero in on the 3 at lovegood’s house but decide to fly by shoot the house rather than penetrate it so the 3 just apparate away

•grindelwald was a prisoner for decades, how tf would he know where the wand went when dumbledore died 

•the woods in England must be like 75 square feet for how often they come across dudes. Apparated right on top of poachers 

•hermione, Ron, and Harry taken hostage but Harry’s face is fatter than usual. That can’t be Harry, his face is slightly fatter. 

•in the time spent learning magic, when did Bellatrix learn perfect knife throwing skills 

•I always found Dobby annoying but this time around his death is slightly sadder. He was always an agent of chaos. 
•pretty crazy that at this point only me, Lupin, and tonks know they’re pregnant. I was always that person at parties or in groups that would listen to the people that got talked over by the people that thought they were more important. 

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 1

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and love these write-ups. I don't have the energy to respond to a lot, but I will say: 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

grindelwald was a prisoner for decades, how tf would he know where the wand went when dumbledore died

This is one of my least favorite changes from the books. In the books, he essentially just insults Voldemort and tells him he'll never get what he wants. It's written as a final decent deed and a tiny bit of redemption for Grindelwald, defending Dumbledore and his wards.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iknowcool said:

M3GAN was terrible. Shocked it has the positive reviews that it does. 

The replacement of the “e” with a “3” is a red flag imo. Can’t trust people to make a good movie when they think it’s a good idea to have a title that reads “Mthreegan.”

• Like 2