What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 9/29/2023 at 7:39 PM, Ray Reed said:

They’re both in my top 10, but i think i’m with you. Side note: everyone always talks interstellar and inception, but Gladiator is Hans Zimmer’s best work imo

Gladiator is my GOAT movie score. It's also my favorite movie.

• Like 1

Meg 2: The Trench was pretty much like the first one obviously.  However much you liked the first one, you'll probably like this as much.  Very stupid and mindless but somewhat fun.  5/10

Hypnotic was somewhat involving.  Ben Affleck is a cop looking for his missing daughter.  Along the way he runs into a guy(a hypnotic) who can make people do things by saying certain words or phrases.  That person would have no idea of what they did.  I was somewhat invested until the 3/4 mark when the twist happened.  The movie went back a few steps when the twist was revealed.  It's not the worst twist ever, but IMO, it was more 'really, that's what you're going with?'  Maybe a second viewing would help with the twists, but I'm not in any hurry to see this one again.  5/10

Also re watched the first two XXX movies.  The first was good, the second with Ice Cube wasn't anything special.      

1 hour ago, Bowler1215 said:

Hypnotic was somewhat involving.  Ben Affleck is a cop looking for his missing daughter.  Along the way he runs into a guy(a hypnotic) who can make people do things by saying certain words or phrases.  That person would have no idea of what they did.  I was somewhat invested until the 3/4 mark when the twist happened.  The movie went back a few steps when the twist was revealed.  It's not the worst twist ever, but IMO, it was more 'really, that's what you're going with?'  Maybe a second viewing would help with the twists, but I'm not in any hurry to see this one again.  5/10

The movie looked gorgeous but the script was awful.  Rodriguez needs to find better writers and stick to directing.

On 10/1/2023 at 1:20 PM, beekay414 said:

Reptile was pretty basic but worth a watch. Knew where it was going pretty early on but it's always worth watching Benicio do his thing.

I watched it. Agreed with your take. Basic story, but BDT (and Alicia) were solid.