What movie are you watching?

Forge

23 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I saw John Carpenters in the mouth of madness last night because I want to watch his apocalypse trilogy one more to go. I loved the shots, loved the directing, loved the story within the story I don't know if I dug Sam Neil in the lead role something just wasn't working for me. That being said I still give it a 3.5/5 .

Loved the ending!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Loved the ending!

The ending was good that was really the only time I truly loved Sam Neils performance tbh. I feel with a true A list type lead this is up there as one of Carpenters best films.

38 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I finally saw Schindler’s List. It lived up to its reputation.

A+

It's a hard watch, but it's a masterpiece by Spielberg

I saw The Fall Guy on streaming Saturday night and loved it. What an awesome, awesome movie. I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again and again), but nobody does physical comedy as well as Ryan Gosling. It's unreal.

Deadpool & Wolverine was a lot of fun.  The opening action sequence to Bye Bye Bye was fun.  I thought the villains were on the weak side, especially Paradox.  My audience was roaring at the end credits scene.  But the banter between Deadpool and Wolverine was great, along with the times they're kicking butt, whether it's each others or bad guys.  Very fun, funny and enjoyable movie.  I just wish it had better villains.  8/10

On 7/22/2024 at 9:58 PM, Broncofan said:

Train To Busan (2016)

Yeah, I totally get the hype.   What a ride.

I'm really amazed by foreign movies you have masterpieces like this and godzilla minus 1 made for 8.5 million and 10 million respectively. In amaerica you'll be lucky to get a good movie with 5 times the budget lol.

On 7/28/2024 at 12:44 PM, thebestever6 said:

Mandy is fantastic the shots are superb at its heart it's a simple story that we've seen done dozens of times before, but imo it's done in the best way that's a 5/5 for me I loved it.

Agree. I love how the actual tough threats are done first, and then he has to deal with the real revenge stuff after and just mows em down

That scene of nic cage chugging the alcohol while  that cartoon commercial plays

And i love the slow early burn and its never boring either

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Agree. I love how the actual tough threats are done first, and then he has to deal with the real revenge stuff after and just mows em down

That scene of nic cage chugging the alcohol while  that cartoon commercial plays

And i love the slow early burn and its never boring either

The alcohol scene was great I mean Nic Cages physical acting is some of the best I've seen in this.

The chainsaw scene was awesome to me to Idk it felt like it was paying a nod to phantasm 2.

I love the character building and atmospheric building It makes it predictable yet completely satisfying. 

My favorite type of revenge story is Man on Fire with Denzel, but this movie will definitely be played was well when I'm in the mood because they're things about it I absolutely love that you don't necessarily get in man on fire.

• Like 1

the-gentlemen-Christopher%20Raphael.jpg

The Gentlemen is a movie that has aged really well in my opinion.  I dare say that it might be my second favorite Guy Ritchie movie only after Sn@tch.  Just tremendous character work from a large portion of the cast, but particularly from Colin Farrell, Charlie Hunnam, and Matthew McConaughey.  I think the ending got a little too mixed, but it still works and the story really drives through well.  If you haven't given this one a watch, it's on Netflix currently.

Edited by THE DUKE

On 7/10/2024 at 8:08 AM, THE DUKE said:

aquaman-2-jason-momoa-patrickwilson.jpg

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom was a mess, but all in all it was more enjoyable than I expected.  Where it really worked was the interactions between Mamoa and Wilson, they have good chemistry and most of the humor that lands comes from their interactions.  Story was a bit all over the place, may as well have called it Aquaman and the Lost MacGuffin, the lost city is just a tool to get where they want to go much more than any real part of the story.  Mamoa leaned a little too hard into the Dude Bro persona to be taken entirely seriously though, but at least his sense of fun is a bit infectious.  However, when it's time to be serious, it doesn't really land either.  Atlantis also comes off as a bit incompetent and a bit genocidey considering the council pretty much only talks about wiping out the surface world.

C-

Agreed.  I think the two actors had way more fun making this movie than I did watching it.

I watched Rec last night, and it's a very well done found footage film. There's great tension, a good atmosphere, and escalating situation, a great 3rd act imo. But it's still has the flaws of a found footage movie and I'm generally not crazy about them because there is little to no character development and everything is just random acts. I give it a 4/5 and recommend it but I won't remember it 3 months from now.

I'm torn on Trap on one hand I think it's Josh Hartnetts best performance ever, and that's saying something because I'm a big fan of the faculty. The trailer gives away everything, alot of instances in the movie stretch beyond your believability.  M. Nights daughter can sing but she can not act. This may be the last M. Night movie I ever see in theaters. 5/10 and those 5 rating is because of Josh Hartnett.