What movie are you watching?

Forge

I really enjoyed alien romulus it really is like the force awakens of the alien franchise They took some swings in the third act it paid off for me. The sets, tension, horror elements are in spades. My one negative is that i didnt remember alot of the characters.8/10 Its the alien film I've wanted my whole life wasn't born when the first two hit theaters.

Edited by thebestever6

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

True Romance may be a sneaky top 10 all timer for me. Every time I watch it I love it.

It's not top ten for me but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who has it in there's....

Awesome movie and the cast is unreal....just great and I love it too. 

• Like 1

Love Lies Bleeding is a good thriller.  Set in 1989, Kristen Stewart and Ed Harris are father/daughter.  She runs a gym, him a gun club.  Katy O'Brian is a stranger who works at the gun club and works out at the gym.  She and KS begins a relationship and after Katy's character murders a guy, things spiral out of control.  I was invested in the two women, that I cared abut what them.  The 3 main actors are real good in this.  IMO this isn't very rewatchable.  I still recommend it.  7/10

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, nothing special.  More of a slow burn leading up to the reveal of the ghost that freezes New York in the last 20 or so minutes.  The subplot of the girl who can't be a ghostbuster because she's under 18 was ok.  I wish it got to the ghost sooner.  This is something to watch, but you're not missing anything if you don't see it.  5/10

Beverly Hills Cop is a good 80s action/comedy.  Eddie Murphy is good. especially when he runs his mouth/improvises.  Some good action as well.  7/10

BHC 2 lots of people like this movie, I'm not as high on it as most.  We all love Eddie Murphy fast talk his way into and out of situations.  Here, it feels like he just does it whenever.  The first movie, quite often it worked with his investigation.  Here, he does it because, it seems like, it's what we expect from him.  The action, like the movie, isn't bad, could be better.  5/10  

1 hour ago, Bowler1215 said:

Love Lies Bleeding is a good thriller.  Set in 1989, Kristen Stewart and Ed Harris are father/daughter.  She runs a gym, him a gun club.  Katy O'Brian is a stranger who works at the gun club and works out at the gym.  She and KS begins a relationship and after Katy's character murders a guy, things spiral out of control.  I was invested in the two women, that I cared abut what them.  The 3 main actors are real good in this.  IMO this isn't very rewatchable.  I still recommend it.  7/10

Agree with most of this, especially the bolded. 

I feel like I'm inevitably going to forget 90% of the movie in 6 months and then not bother rewatching it. I thought it was fine, 7/10 is probably right

11 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

I’d argue it wasn’t very watchable. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I’d argue it wasn’t very watchable. 

i was enjoying some of the **** they were doing in the third act  where ed harris gets real weird and starts eating spiders (i think? i saw it in theaters a few months ago) and when the big girl becomes a giant or whatever. otherwise i was kinda whatever on it. wasn't dying to leave the theater. but definitely wouldn't ever rewatch it. was like a 5/10 for me 

On 8/16/2024 at 12:30 AM, thebestever6 said:

I really enjoyed alien romulus it really is like the force awakens of the alien franchise They took some swings in the third act it paid off for me. The sets, tension, horror elements are in spades. My one negative is that i didnt remember alot of the characters.8/10 Its the alien film I've wanted my whole life wasn't born when the first two hit theaters.

i thought it was gonna be absolute trash from the trailers, but i didn't hate it. a lot of stuff they nailed. music/sound design/vibe was everything i'd want an alien movie to be. guy playing the robot was solid. everyone else was forgettable to me. some cool sequences. solid genre film. 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

i thought it was gonna be absolute trash from the trailers, but i didn't hate it. a lot of stuff they nailed. music/sound design/vibe was everything i'd want an alien movie to be. guy playing the robot was solid. everyone else was forgettable to me. some cool sequences. solid genre film. 

Yeah I share a lot of these same sentiments I just feel like I've been waiting my whole life for an alien movie of this caliber and Fede Alvarez definitely delivers. His characters do seem to underwhelm in his movies though that's a flaw I'm picking up on. To me the visuals, atmosphere, sound design make up for the shortcomings I also liked the bold swing the 3rd act takes. Also wasn't a bad story it's well paced and buttoned up I think it's neat how they tie everything together. 

• Like 1

And I'm shocked love lies bleeding is so hated on here lol. It's still tied for my number 1 movie of the year with kneecap. I thought it had a couple of phenomenal scenes with great connective tissue in between. 

It probably isn't very rewatchable I watched no country for old men and Absolutely love that movie I only watched it once or twice since it came out. The Grey with Liam Neeson is another one I loved but rewatched like one time because once you know how everything unfolds it doesn't have the same impact.

The long kiss goodnight is probably my most rewatched action/thriller mainly cause I feel it's so underrated. Samuel L Jackson had the most fun of his career making that movie and you can tell.

Edited by thebestever6

Strange darling was excellent for a first time viewing experience that was up there. It's a shame it's only getting a limited release and I had to drive 45 minutes to see it. The cinematography is amazing the guy that did that was a well known actor, The way the movie is sequenced out of order is a master class. Again if you're gonna see it please go in blind. Man that was up there with the sixth sense for a first time watch. But overall I give it an 8.5/10 bc it's not gonna be something you rewatch. It really does remind Me of a Coens brothers movie.

Edited by thebestever6