The Raider Depreciation Thread 📉

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Dessie said:

Even worse when you go from over the pond. I’ve been 4 times to Vegas and the exchange rate makes it even more expensive. We used to get 2 dollars to the £ now $1.3. Tables are more expensive so you spend less and so they don’t give you comp drinks like they did before. Might be a while before I go again tbh. 

I couldn’t get over the price difference between California and places like Memphis or Tennessee, like two different currencies. Never been to Vegas so wondering if it’s California type prices…….

Edited by Darbsk

20 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Buying a beer on the stripe is insane. Everything overpriced in Vegas besides a hotel. I use to go a lot in my early and mid 20s. I still haven’t been to a game in Vegas. Oakland games were cheap back in the day 

Nothing better than the Oakland day’s stadium was crazy the whole experience amazing 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dessie said:

Even worse when you go from over the pond. I’ve been 4 times to Vegas and the exchange rate makes it even more expensive. We used to get 2 dollars to the £ now $1.3. Tables are more expensive so you spend less and so they don’t give you comp drinks like they did before. Might be a while before I go again tbh. 

When I moved back to the States from Scotland, the price differences literally caused me physical pain. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I couldn’t get over the price difference between California and places like Memphis or Tennessee, like two different currencies. Never been to Vegas so wondering if it’s California type prices…….

Living in Vegas is a lot cheaper. Just stay away from the tourist areas and it's a lot cheaper. Groceries/services/eating out/gas and rent/housing. It's gone up quite a bit the past few years but not at Cali levels. Spent the past year living in Vegas and working weekends in Cali so I saw the price differences a lot then.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Amazingly enough, I've found it here and there in the States. 

That said, it's as hard to find as Dalmore. 

Wow did not expect that, whereabouts in Scotland did you live ? I used to live near Paisley as a kid. 

12 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Wow did not expect that, whereabouts in Scotland did you live ? I used to live near Paisley as a kid. 

I was based out of Aberdeen, but made frequent trips down to Edinburgh. Spent a good amount of time over in Inverness as well. 

My colleague/work partner was from Clydebank though, so I'm relatively familiar with your side of Scotland as well

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 10:16 AM, Humble_Beast said:

I remember going down the street to the liquor store a couple times to load up for the tailgate. LOL. an experience 

Still remember hella of us walking chugging drank from the parking lot to the gate. Tailgates were the best 

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Tailgates were the best 

So happy I got to go to the first game of the last season in Oakland. I was pissed we just traded Mack but the tailgate environment was so much fun. Even before we were allowed in to park a LOT of Raider fans were parked on some street and it was like pre-gaming for the tailgate. lol  When I'm in Vegas during games it's fun to just hang out on the South end of the strip and people watch. 

10 hours ago, G said:

So happy I got to go to the first game of the last season in Oakland. I was pissed we just traded Mack but the tailgate environment was so much fun. Even before we were allowed in to park a LOT of Raider fans were parked on some street and it was like pre-gaming for the tailgate. lol  When I'm in Vegas during games it's fun to just hang out on the South end of the strip and people watch. 

Yea I hope whenever I go to a game in Vegas it’s kinda similar to the Oakland days

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 4:54 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Amazingly enough, I've found it here and there in the States. 

That said, it's as hard to find as Dalmore. 

Just don't get the sugar-free Irn Bru, that's basically liquid Tylenol mixed with water lol. Regular Irn Bru is pretty legit, though.

• Like 2