Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

They're still statistics that often lack all sense of context. Statistics can be used to support an argument, but should not be used as the basis of an argument.

Also prior to Mitch last 2-3 games. He’s had better numbers than Dak IIRC. When it comes to his last 14-15 or so. But there’s no way in hell that those numbers mean ish. Numbers do lie and it’s most appropriate in football. There are things that can’t be measured. Like Donald is having a DPOY. Look at the guys around him racking up sacks left and right, but number won’t show that. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&player_id_hint=Mitchell+Trubisky&player_id_select=Mitchell+Trubisky&player_id=TrubMi00&idx=players&year_min=2018&year_max=2019&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos[]=QB&pos[]=WR&pos[]=RB&pos[]=TE&pos[]=OL&pos[]=DL&pos[]=LB&pos[]=DB&is_starter=E&game_type=R&career_game_num_max=400&qb_start_num_min=1&qb_start_num_max=400&game_num_min=2&game_num_max=20&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_td

hell no bro. 24 TD 5 INT 97 Rating and 66% completion? MITCH IS garbage. But hey you love swaying Daks numbers to certain amount of games. You love splitting seasons when it benefits your cut off.  Surprised you aren’t cheering for Mitch 

you can keep playing with it. His last 19. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&player_id_hint=Mitchell+Trubisky&player_id_select=Mitchell+Trubisky&player_id=TrubMi00&idx=players&year_min=2018&year_max=2019&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos[]=QB&pos[]=WR&pos[]=RB&pos[]=TE&pos[]=OL&pos[]=DL&pos[]=LB&pos[]=DB&is_starter=E&game_type=R&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&qb_start_num_min=1&qb_start_num_max=400&game_num_min=2&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_td

14-5 record 

65% completion over 4K yards, 93 Rating and 29 Passing Tds could have more if you add his rushing. 

chi would kill for a QB like that right now. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Like all stats, the air yard/yac thing can mean completely different things depending on context.  Good QBs are gonna put the ball where their receivers can get YAC.  

Never thought I’ll agree with a Saints fan. I’m disgusted. 

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

They're still statistics that often lack all sense of context. Statistics can be used to support an argument, but should not be used as the basis of an argument.

Yeah they should. They arent biased and they are watching all 32 QBs. Not just "my QB" and the SNF game.

But, using 1 stat alone can be misleading. Using multiple stats that cover multiple different areas, is much better than "the eye test" will ever be. 

43 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Like all stats, the air yard/yac thing can mean completely different things depending on context.  Good QBs are gonna put the ball where their receivers can get YAC.  

This. Ball placement is such an underrated attribute. It's obvious when it comes to like tight window throws, or throws just over a zone LB, or something, but it's just as important on YAC heavy routes like slants, screens, and drags. It's one of the biggest difference I remember going from Matt Cassel to Alex Smith. In both cases we had very conservative short throw and run oriented offenses. But while Cassel would get the ball somewhere in the WR's catch radius, Smith would get them in stride. And it was the difference between Cassel getting a receiver decked because the throw was high and they had to jump, or low and behind and they didn't see the defender, while Smith would give them a chance to run. And Smith isn't the greatest QB or anything, but it's a big difference looking at the gap between bad, good, and great QBs, how they enable their receivers in small ways.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Also prior to Mitch last 2-3 games. He’s had better numbers than Dak IIRC. When it comes to his last 14-15 or so

so if you cherry pick and manipulate then that means stats are bad? And I hate to break it to you, you are *still* wrong

Mitchv-Dak.jpg

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@Danger => Just wanted to point out that you liked a post that was factually incorrect. See above. 

Numbers are closed. And I never said they were better than Dak. I said those numbers make Trubidky look like a damm good QB, which they don’t. You’re just making my point. And always so defensive when mentioning Dak. Numbers sure do lie when manipulated. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

24 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Numbers are closed. And I never said they were better than Dak. I said those numbers make Trubidky look like a damm good QB, which they don’t. You’re just making my point. And always so defensive when mentioning Dak. Numbers sure do lie when manipulated. 

Those numbers would put Mitch at the 20th best QB in QB rating. Dak would be #11. In terms of ANY/A Mitch would be #23. Dak would be #12. 

Do you consider that "close"? Is the 20-23th ranked QB "damn good"?

Maybe its not the stats that suck, its that you arent looking at them deeply enough.....

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Honest question: how do you think this November will affect Goff? 

Honestly I dont know. The Rams have some tough defenses in Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Baltimore coming up. On the other hand, two of those games are at home where Goff plays very well at. We will see how he does this November but tbh I was shocked by this stat.