BDL 2020 Week 2 - Portland Horned Owls @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

rackcs

Portland Horned Owls @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2020 at 04:01 AM

45 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

TF is Cam Newton doing on the bench?

Tannehill: 18 of 24, 239 yards, 4 touchdowns, 0 INTs, 12 yards rushing on 3 carries

Newton: 30 of 44, 397 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 INT, 47 yards rushing on 11 carries (plus 2 TDs)

If I'm looking for a passer out of my quarterback, I think I made the right decision, particularly this week. Yards don't win games, points do. If I want to run near the goal line, I have a top 5 back in Nick Chubb to do that. And I've already mentioned, Newton will still get a few snaps, those could occur in the redzone.

• Like 2

I don’t know about IC coming out in the 3 LBer set against the 3 wide. Although they said they would play nickel in the writeup (didn’t say when or what situation, but I’ll assume it’s against 3 wide) it brings Roby on the field and Devin White off and that gives Portland a major advantage. Also don’t know how I feel about Hurst 2 gapping. I feel he is more of a one gap penetrating DT (I could be wrong), and that McCaffrey is going to have some nice gain out of that 3 wide attacking some of those inside gaps. 

54 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I don’t know about IC coming out in the 3 LBer set against the 3 wide. Although they said they would play nickel in the writeup (didn’t say when or what situation, but I’ll assume it’s against 3 wide) it brings Roby on the field and Devin White off and that gives Portland a major advantage. Also don’t know how I feel about Hurst 2 gapping. I feel he is more of a one gap penetrating DT (I could be wrong), and that McCaffrey is going to have some nice gain out of that 3 wide attacking some of those inside gaps. 

The traditional 3-4 or 4-3 formation is typically what the biggest 'differentiating' factor happens when talking about what type of defense someone is running, as it establishes how many down linemen you will have. "Standard" offensive alignment is QB, two backs, two wide outs, and a tight end. Bringing in another receiver to spread it out usually means the defense mimics it by adding a cornerback, typically at the expense of an off-ball linebacker.

Pretty sure both in the NFL as well as BDL the majority of snaps happen in nickel (3 CBs) due to the popularity of the spread. If I need to spell it out even further with regards to nickel and dime, I'll make sure to do so in the future. For what it's worth, if there's any set trio of linebackers with speed to be able to pull off coverage regardless, it's probably my unit.

40 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The traditional 3-4 or 4-3 formation is typically what the biggest 'differentiating' factor happens when talking about what type of defense someone is running, as it establishes how many down linemen you will have. "Standard" offensive alignment is QB, two backs, two wide outs, and a tight end. Bringing in another receiver to spread it out usually means the defense mimics it by adding a cornerback, typically at the expense of an off-ball linebacker.

Pretty sure both in the NFL as well as BDL the majority of snaps happen in nickel (3 CBs) due to the popularity of the spread. If I need to spell it out even further with regards to nickel and dime, I'll make sure to do so in the future. For what it's worth, if there's any set trio of linebackers with speed to be able to pull off coverage regardless, it's probably my unit.

Lmao I didn’t want to put words in your mouth that were not in the writeup but I went ahead and assumed the above as you can see by what I typed out. Save the jargon for someone who didn’t play and then coach 7 years.

Nat Geo Wild Wtf GIF by Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER

From the constructive criticism department 

@EaglesPeteC love the multiple formation set up but would like to see a little more scheme, ie we plan on attacking x player or x part of the field. But it's coming together

For ic, you got to start jaylon Johnson right now.  Dudes looked legit 

Anyhow, davante Adams is probably gonna have himself a game but I think tannehill is gonna have a good bunch of time with the edge rushers in Portland struggling thus far this season.  I have IC in a squeaker 24-23

• Like 2

I'm not sure why but I didn't expect any of those two teams to look as good as they did. Good match-up. 

Offensively, Portland is dangerous. They have a good OL which can win its share of battles against IC stud rushers and they have a couple of great matchups outside and in the slot. Do I trust Cousins to maximize his opportunities? Not but enough to be relevant in this game despite the cover 2.

Defensively though I think they are more limited especially upfront and get tired as the game goes on and chubb keeps on coming and I think Tannehill can keep the drives alive with more consistency than Cousins with a cleaner pocket. Humphries has a big game too. 

IC wins 28-21