Broncos QB Drew Lock out 2-6 weeks with AC sprain

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Then you can’t use the game as a measuring stick for where he is on the developmental curve. He’s missed the last 2.75 games and is not 100%, therefore the game as a gauge is not valid. It’s turns in a biased result. 

I’d be with you entirely if he was fully healthy, or as healthy as a NFL player can be, and hadn’t missed almost entirely the last 3 games. Facing BB’s scheming and defense would be a FANTASTIC measuring stick. But not given situation with Drew’s health and his not playing recently. 

Agreed.  Lock needs to sit until he is 100%.
There’s no win bringing him back earlier than that.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Idk why they don't just quarantine the infected and play the game there was only one positive test .

Because other players could be infected and still test negative. Plus the nfl is not actually testing on gamedays. So unless they are doubly cautious they run the risk of just exacerbating any outbreaks and spiraling out of control 

• Like 3

They really should have done a 14 game season to allow for more flexibility in rescheduling due to COVID. Would have been good on the players health as well as this injury flurry cant just be a coincidence, lack of preseason practices and dare I say preseason games has a lot of guys stiff on the field and getting more injuries IMO. More time off means more time to let their not-ready-for-full-contact bodies recharge. 

3 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

They really should have done a 14 game season to allow for more flexibility in rescheduling due to COVID. Would have been good on the players health as well as this injury flurry cant just be a coincidence, lack of preseason practices and dare I say preseason games has a lot of guys stiff on the field and getting more injuries IMO. More time off means more time to let their not-ready-for-full-contact bodies recharge. 

Agreed. I'd also add, they should have clustered games together and create mini bubbles with a quarantine 

So our scheduled for example should have looked something like: 

Bubble (4 teams) Vs AFC West (Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders) 

2 weeks bye

Bubble (8 teams) vs NFC South East (Tampa, Panthers, Saints, Falcons) 

2 weeks bye

Bubble (8 teams) vs AFC East (Bills, Patriots, Dolphins, Jets) 

2 weeks bye

vs Steelers and Titans. (these wouldn't be a bubble and would look most like the system does now since these games for everyone look different. These games are the ones I would have removed to make space for the extra bye weeks)

Edited by grizmo78
  • Like 1