WandaVision (Spoilers!)

Acgott

7 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Magneto, Prof X, Strange, Jean Gray are the only people that I see that stand any chance against her and make sense on the show. The last one I don’t think will appear.

Strange is my main thought. I could also see Danvers. Prof X makes sense, ability wise. But I don't think they want to go that far into the multiverse yet.

Extreme dark horse candidate is old man Steve Rogers. She accidentally kills him and does a complete heel turn. Doubt that happens though. I think Banner and Barton are the last two Avengers on Earth with real ties to Wanda, but not sure they'd come in.

23 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

After seeing it with the Mandalorian and now this, Disney+ was absolutely correct releasing their most popular shows weekly.  These are being talked about 2-3 months instead of 2-3 weeks and building lots of buzz.  Of course it is dependent on the content being good, but they are definitely getting way more publicity and buzz this way.  Something hot drops on Netflix and it's all over social media for a week or two, but then it's gone.

100%, the most fun part of the shows is the speculation and the community.

Stranger Things lucked out with show, but could it be even bigger if it was weekly and we had people discussing the theories.

23 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Strange is my main thought. I could also see Danvers. Prof X makes sense, ability wise. But I don't think they want to go that far into the multiverse yet.

Extreme dark horse candidate is old man Steve Rogers. She accidentally kills him and does a complete heel turn. Doubt that happens though. I think Banner and Barton are the last two Avengers on Earth with real ties to Wanda, but not sure they'd come in.

Only Strange would have any shot.

Danvers, Hulk, Hawkeye, any of the other Avengers can’t even get through the front door when she is at her best. She has taken out Thor, Hulk, Thanos and her her powers now will be at a different level.

19 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Only Strange would have any shot.

Danvers, Hulk, Hawkeye, any of the other Avengers can’t even get through the front door when she is at her best. She has taken out Thor, Hulk, Thanos and her her powers now will be at a different level.

Agreed. I only mention the OG Avengers because they were there in Sokovia when Pietro died. It could make sense they’d bring one in due to their connection to try and reason with her. Danvers make sense because of her powers and potential tie in to CM2/Monica. 
I’d almost be surprised if Strange doesn’t make a cameo.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Pure speculation on my part, but I could see another surprise cameo or two at the end. Someone(s) with the power/ability to at least contain, if not incapacitate her.

56 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think Banner and Barton are the last two Avengers on Earth with real ties to Wanda, but not sure they'd come in.

I'm totally spoiler-free for future eps - but IMO the MCU has worked best when it explores character flaws/growth at a personal level.   Making viewers identify, relate and then cheer/root for the characters (and even moreso for the Black Hats).   Point being - I don't think it's setting up for a massive showdown of epic powers - but more someone who can reach her through her pain & grief, and come to terms with it.    I don't foresee a massive battle, but more someone who can actually get through to her.

In that vein, someone who's experienced the same kind of loss - Banner or Barton - would make a lot of sense.  Just spitballing, no inkling as to how it ends, but that's my call, based on how the MCU's handled character turns / growth.  

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'm totally spoiler-free for future eps - but IMO the MCU has worked best when it explores character flaws/growth at a personal level.   Making viewers identify, relate and then cheer/root for the characters (and even moreso for the Black Hats).   Point being - I don't think it's setting up for a massive showdown of epic powers - but more someone who can reach her through her pain & grief, and come to terms with it.    I don't foresee a massive battle, but more someone who can actually get through to her.

In that vein, someone who's experienced the same kind of loss - Banner or Barton - would make a lot of sense.  Just spitballing, no inkling as to how it ends, but that's my call, based on how the MCU's handled character turns / growth.  

I think intentional spoilers should be considered domestic terrorism. So like I said, anything I'm saying is speculation on my part.

I agree that it'll be more trying to reach out and calm her down. But I think we may be seeing her heel turn in its infancy. SWORD shot first before talking to her, granted she didn't want to talk. She then asked to be left alone and they obviously aren't going to do that. I think they may bring someone in to try and talk with her, then they'll fire first again or she won't want to leave her created reality. I think there will be a mini-showdown of sorts. I just don't see this ending peacefully.

15 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think intentional spoilers should be considered domestic terrorism. So like I said, anything I'm saying is speculation on my part.

I agree that it'll be more trying to reach out and calm her down. But I think we may be seeing her heel turn in its infancy. SWORD shot first before talking to her, granted she didn't want to talk. She then asked to be left alone and they obviously aren't going to do that. I think they may bring someone in to try and talk with her, then they'll fire first again or she won't want to leave her created reality. I think there will be a mini-showdown of sorts. I just don't see this ending peacefully.

That’s fair - I just don’t think we’re seeing an epic battle between 2 heavies at the end.   This feels more like a character driven arc so it’s usually a more personal ending than the Deus Ex Machina battles.   That’s something we’d see in the DCEU.   

Edited by Broncofan

So how does SWORD get Vision’s body? After the snap, his body was of course in Wakanda. Cap or Okoye aren’t giving the body to SWORD. If they gave him a burial in Wakanda, who dug it up? Who is the Skrull in Wakanda that’s working with the SWORD skrull?

12 minutes ago, Acgott said:

So how does SWORD get Vision’s body? After the snap, his body was of course in Wakanda. Cap or Okoye aren’t giving the body to SWORD. If they gave him a burial in Wakanda, who dug it up? Who is the Skrull in Wakanda that’s working with the SWORD skrull?

To be fair - it’s 5+ years after the snap.  There are a lot of pathways that lead to SWORD getting Vision’s body.   Especially with half of Wakanda, BP & Wanda herself snapped into oblivion. 

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:
25 minutes ago, Acgott said:

To be fair - it’s 5+ years after the snap.  There are a lot of pathways that lead to SWORD getting Vision’s body.   Especially with half of Wakanda, BP & Wanda herself snapped into oblivion. 

Maybe he was never buried. Bruce could have taken the body back to Avenger HQ, which was blown up. Maybe that's why it was in pieces?

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Maybe he was never buried. Bruce could have taken the body back to Avenger HQ, which was blown up. Maybe that's why it was in pieces?

His body is partly made of Vibranium, an explosion wouldn’t be able to chop him up, and I doubt Hulk was experimenting on him.

20 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yes, it be really interesting to follow that path.