WandaVision (Spoilers!)

Acgott

Was watching it a second time, I can’t remember if they explained what happened to Quicksilver in the Fox X-men films. But could they have essentially tied up that loose end of why he wasn’t around for the late 2000s set original films?

Like he got plucked from that reality in the Multiverse? 

I know technically those original films were wiped in Days of Future Past. 

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

Not gonna read yet because I’m in the middle of the episode. But they quite clearly referenced the fact that they’re not calling her Scarlet Witch.

Any reason why they’re not using the name?

She just doesn’t have that name yet, I think part of this show is establishing “Scarlet Witch” as her moniker. Stuff in this ep sets that up even.

So I just thought of something, how could vision get into Norm's head and free him off Wanda's influence without the mind stone? That's what gave him that kind of power... Without it isn't he just a robot? 

Also did anyone else notice that anytime the kids grew Agnes was around? And they were about to do it again when Agnes showed them the dead dog until Wanda stopped them.

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

So I just thought of something, how could vision get into Norm's head and free him off Wanda's influence without the mind stone? That's what gave him that kind of power... Without it isn't he just a robot? 

Also did anyone else notice that anytime the kids grew Agnes was around? And they were about to do it again when Agnes showed them the dead dog until Wanda stopped them.

My guess is Wanda’s powers are sort of filling in those gaps, having been derived from the stone...maybe?

Oh yeah it was each time. Good call.

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

She recreated his body so she could give him some of his powers too. Don’t forget that Ultron could’ve given that form all kinds of abilities.  Everything ultimately comes from Wanda tho and since she cares about him, maybe she doesn’t keep him in the same submissive state as the other townspeople.

I think Agnes is the one messing with Wanda’s head. I know Legion already did the Shadow King storyline but there could be parallels.  I’d love it if she were Selene or Emma Frost from the Hellfire Club. That’d be another tie to the X-Men universe. 

It could be some remnant of Hydra since Strucker had the twins.  It could be Dr. Doom if you’re going ambitious.  

Also, was that the Family Ties kitchen in Wanda’s house?  Those sequences felt straight out of Growing Pains and The Hogan Family esp the opening theme.  They nailed the 80’s sitcom!  Each era has been so well done.  This series is off to a magnificent start. 

I wonder...

Darcy said there were high levels of cosmic microwave background radiation detected and they reinforced that statement in the email.

Monica said something about knowing an aerospace engineer who might be up to the task of safely getting someone through the barrier...

Reed Richards is an aerospace engineer...

The fantastic 4 got their powers from cosmic radiation...

We know there is a fantastic 4 MCU movie coming...

Hmm...

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Also, was that the Family Ties kitchen in Wanda’s house?  Those sequences felt straight out of Growing Pains and The Hogan Family esp the opening theme.  They nailed the 80’s sitcom!  Each era has been so well done.  This series is off to a magnificent start. 

This made me realize how similar those houses were for all those series. 

Reed Richards would qualify as a Luke Skywalker level cameo. I'm wondering who someone who hasn't existed for 5 years up until 3 weeks ago is going to know.  Maybe they will use this to introduce Riri Williams for the Ironheart show?

10 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

This made me realize how similar those houses were for all those series. 

Reed Richards would qualify as a Luke Skywalker level cameo. I'm wondering who someone who hasn't existed for 5 years up until 3 weeks ago is going to know.  Maybe they will use this to introduce Riri Williams for the Ironheart show?

So long as Richards is John Krasinski I'll be happy. 

8 hours ago, pwny said:

So Vision noted that there are no children in the neighborhood other than the twins. But the fundraiser was “for the children”

🤔🤔🤔

It certainly seems like there is no wasted lines here. Every little thing means something to connect in later episodes. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 10:52 AM, Beck Bristow said:

Him or Sue, I’d assume they’d go Reed though.

I don’t know if they’ll setup Riri at all, wouldn’t really pop for the majority of people. Think it’ll tie into that Stark program from Civil War.

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I don’t know if they’ll setup Riri at all, wouldn’t really pop for the majority of people. Think it’ll tie into that Stark program from Civil War.

In the comics Riri perfects her first suit with the help of a Tony AI much like Friday

side note, I really hope they pull off her hair in live action

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

In the comics Riri perfects her first suit with the help of a Tony AI much like Friday

Wonder if the format will be her going to MIT and then they flash back the first couple episodes.
End of episode 3 where usually these shows really kick into gear (2 if it's 6 episodes) she flicks on her first suit and some generic Tony Hologram she's seen in the building pops up and turns out to be a full AI. He's her Friday through the show and ends within Armor Wars. Would be a way to have Tony somewhat back for the events of that.

Riri is pretty new to me but I like more and more of what I see of her.