Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Kiltman

9 hours ago, showtime said:

I just completed everything on Noveria and killed Benezia.

The story in this game is elite.

2 & 3 are both better imo too.  That’s not a knock on 1 just those two are premium.  2 might be a top 5 game of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

2 & 3 are both better imo too.  That’s not a knock on 1 just those two are premium.  2 might be a top 5 game of all time.

I'd have to think about it, but I don't doubt it would get that serious of consideration from me as well. Just games I've replayed and sunk so much time and effort into. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Self contained story, one is hard to matchin games. 2 and 3 definitely ramp things up. Love them all individually for being their own sorta thing. 3 has so many amazing moments thanks to the work of the first two. Closest thing is Endgame in that way but obviously way more time to go into each branching story.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Self contained story, one is hard to matchin games. 2 and 3 definitely ramp things up. Love them all individually for being their own sorta thing. 3 has so many amazing moments thanks to the work of the first two. Closest thing is Endgame in that way but obviously way more time to go into each branching story.

Ya people whine about 3 but mostly they just don’t like the last 5 minutes of the game.  3 is really good.  I would rank them 2, 3, 1 personally.  Not that I dislike 1 I just think they took a good thing and made it better with the next 2.

• Like 1

While the mechanics are near identical and the Mako is the Mako - world exploration is SO much better now. I'm not recycling through the same world map with green for grass, white for snow and red/grey for volcanic ash. It's an actual world, with crosswinds and light peaking off the horizon and a moon towering over you in the sky...

It's just renewing my interest in such a great way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

3 has so many amazing moments thanks to the work of the first two. Closest thing is Endgame in that way but obviously way more time to go into each branching story.

There is a moment in 3 where I have one of the most exciting battles I've ever had in a game, followed up by an incredible cutscenes with an unlikely outcome that got me even more excited - only to lead to one of the most heart wrenching decisions I've had to make in the game, a moment that still gives me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes.

Spoiler

Fighting the Reaper on Tuchanka...

- Artemec Wing coming in for the save.

- Fighting the endless swarms of Brutes while ringing the bell to summon Kalros.

- Kalros defeating the Reaper.

- Betraying Mordin: When he yells "I made a MISTAKE!", I felt the pit of my stomach drop. After all of this, his guilt drove him to do the right things at any cost... Even my cold heart felt it when I killed him.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ET80 said:

While the mechanics are near identical and the Mako is the Mako - world exploration is SO much better now. I'm not recycling through the same world map with green for grass, white for snow and red/grey for volcanic ash. It's an actual world, with crosswinds and light peaking off the horizon and a moon towering over you in the sky...

It's just renewing my interest in such a great way.

I was on some desert planet and dust was up in the air with the light beams shining through it beautifully and I’m like damn this is why I bought this remake.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Dang man, having to make the choice between Kaidan and Ashley was so hard. I loved Kaidan like a son, but Ashley is the love of my life.

As I'm feeling like mourning the loss, all of a sudden I see LeSaren James.

I envy you so much - to experience this with brand new eyes with this remake? Man, you're very lucky.

Enjoy the ride, there's much more of this around the corner in this space opera...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

There is a moment in 3 where I have one of the most exciting battles I've ever had in a game, followed up by an incredible cutscenes with an unlikely outcome that got me even more excited - only to lead to one of the most heart wrenching decisions I've had to make in the game, a moment that still gives me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes.

Reveal hidden contents

Fighting the Reaper on Tuchanka...

- Artemec Wing coming in for the save.

- Fighting the endless swarms of Brutes while ringing the bell to summon Kalros.

- Kalros defeating the Reaper.

- Betraying Mordin: When he yells "I made a MISTAKE!", I felt the pit of my stomach drop. After all of this, his guilt drove him to do the right things at any cost... Even my cold heart felt it when I killed him.

The ending of that is to this day one of the saddest most gutted feelings I’ve ever had. The only other one that comes to mind was the end of Telltale’s first Walking Dead season. Stuff like that is why 3 is good in my book. Too many good bits.

• Like 1