Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Kiltman

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Was always fond of Jack myself.  I like em crazy.

I've had a fling with Jack before - getting to her vulnerable side was half the fun with her, she opened up over the course of the game like few did outside of the original crew.

Spoiler

She and Mordin probably had the most entertaining stories of the SR-2 crew.

I beat the first game. Great experience. Loved the characters and story. The combat and game play felt dated, but it was solid overall. The 60 FPS really helps a lot.

I'm really surprised because I'm not really huge on single player games in general. In fact, I dislike almost every RPG I've ever played. I expected to not like this game, but the story is one of the best in all of the games I've ever played.

I started Mass Effect 2 and the story has really taken me off-guard so far. Miranda looks like the easy love interest, but I'm wondering if I'll ever see Ashley again. I'm assuming I will and if so, I'd like to still be with her. If not, Miranda is not a bad consolation prize.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I beat the first game. Great experience. Loved the characters and story. The combat and game play felt dated, but it was solid overall. The 60 FPS really helps a lot.

I'm really surprised because I'm not really huge on single player games in general. In fact, I dislike almost every RPG I've ever played. I expected to not like this game, but the story is one of the best in all of the games I've ever played.

I started Mass Effect 2 and the story has really taken me off-guard so far. Miranda looks like the easy love interest, but I'm wondering if I'll ever see Ashley again. I'm assuming I will and if so, I'd like to still be with her. If not, Miranda is not a bad consolation prize.

I'm deep into ME1 myself but trying to get all of the achievements.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 12:11 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

This is true for ME1 and ME3.  However, the same is NOT true in ME2.  But you would still want to save before the big mission (no spoilers, but you will know what this mission is)

Yes it is his first time playing and my comment was directly for ME1, he was asking about that game specifically

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Wait until you meet Miranda.

Miranda is played by Yvonne Strahovski. Chuck is one of my favourite shows ever and started in 2007 and I had a mega crush from that show. Imagine my boner when I loaded up ME2 for the first time.. and it's her actual voice (Australian accent). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm deep into ME1 myself but trying to get all of the achievements.

I never beat ME1 before and didn't realize I couldn't go back. I only missed a few achievements but I don't care enough to get it, I'll have to go back to get the biotic/tech challenges I can't get as I mained a Vanguard anyway. 

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I never beat ME1 before and didn't realize I couldn't go back. I only missed a few achievements but I don't care enough to get it, I'll have to go back to get the biotic/tech challenges I can't get as I mained a Vanguard anyway. 

You can get the biotic achievements by having your squad members cast those abilities.  

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think my three play throughs on ME were Miranda, Jack, then I think Miranda again. 

I've played this game so many times I've gotten each.

I think I'm going to go all Alien this run. There's some catty exchanges between them, which makes me giggle.

After that, I'll probably do an all human run...

9 hours ago, showtime said:

That's the cool thing about this game. It isn't realllly an RPG in the traditional sense. I always said that it was Space Dragon Age with Gears of War fighting mechanics. It's a genre-bender. You build your character and armor/weapons, sure, and you have a lot of choice regarding the dialogue, but it is mostly an action game. Plus the story and world-building are incredible. 

It definitely rekindled my love for single player games when I was a teenager. I literally only ever played Madden/2k/Halo/CoD until I started this.

Now that I'm older I literally only play single player stuff. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

You can get the biotic achievements by having your squad members cast those abilities.  

bruh big oof moment. I could load up an old save I guess and just finish them, but I don't really care. I didn't get the Krogan one (complete 5 missions) because I used him a ton towards the end to try to get it, but I guess the missions didn't complete until I was back on the ship or something so it didn't count. Annoying

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I've played this game so many times I've gotten each.

I think I'm going to go all Alien this run. There's some catty exchanges between them, which makes me giggle.

After that, I'll probably do an all human run...

All Alien but not Tali smh.

I have never done a non-human tbh before this. I did Liara in ME1 this time, I will do Miranda again in ME2 for obvious reasons, and it also doesn't mess up me going back to Liara in the ME2 DLC and ME3 as far as I've read.