Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Kiltman

On 5/28/2021 at 1:23 PM, JBURGE said:

I never played all the way through ME1, I really enjoyed it this time. I would have a really hard time doing all of the mineral collection nonsense if I played it again, just like the planet scanning in ME2. 

I had a fit because my game glitched after getting Liara, it bugged out my game and I deleted my save. Putting the work in to get through it this weekend hasn't been super painful. I actually really enjoy the mining in 2. Actually, I love everything about 2, so take what I say with the proper salt.

On 5/29/2021 at 8:09 PM, Breesus mode said:

I had a fit because my game glitched after getting Liara, it bugged out my game and I deleted my save. Putting the work in to get through it this weekend hasn't been super painful. I actually really enjoy the mining in 2. Actually, I love everything about 2, so take what I say with the proper salt.

The mining in 2 is my only gripe. I don't mind it either, I usually do it right away until I have like 200k of everything but then later in the game I feel obligated to mine the Rich planets. I always end up with way too many. And then they add in the upgrade to 60 mines like 80% through the game and I always forget and have that bruh moment

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

I have like 5 chrome tabs open on my phone to make sure I don't screw stuff up in the 3rd game and I still managed to fail 3-4 timed missions. 

Priority: Tuchanka will remain one of my favourite video game moments ever. I still remember it vividly from 10 years ago despite only playing ME3 once. My gf who has been watching me on and off cried haha

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 10:03 PM, ET80 said:

I'm hardly a gamer, but this was pretty straightforward to pick up on any version. Legendary Edition takes away a lot of the wonky controls and tightens up everything, so it's easier vs playing the original.

It's a challenging game, you'll lose at times - but they don't feel like "cheap deaths" IMO. 

Ah ok, thanks man. This definitely makes me want to pick it up. I think it was just the guy I watched play it on YouTube was an absolute expert. Think it's officially going on the list. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Priority: Tuchanka will remain one of my favourite video game moments ever. I still remember it vividly from 10 years ago despite only playing ME3 once. My gf who has been watching me on and off cried haha

Spoiler

"...I MADE A MISTAKE!" breaks my heart every single time. I've played this game countless times, with countless permutations on what choices made, and no matter what path I pick, this part breaks me.

I'm actually tearing up at the thought of it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Underrated moment that still gives me goosebumps...

Spoiler

Eve's speech:

She doesn't have much background given we just meet her in ME3... but her speech is so powerful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Underrated moment that still gives me goosebumps...

Reveal hidden contents

Eve's speech:

She doesn't have much background given we just meet her in ME3... but her speech is so powerful.

Gave me goosebumps watching it again. My only ME3 playthrough I am not sure I heard this. I know I didn't play ME1 so there was no Wrex. 

EDIT: Tho I did hear it 2 days ago when I did this mission obviously

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 9:15 AM, JBURGE said:

You enjoying it? 

Yeah, but it's getting to be too much for me.

I think the mistake I made was playing ME1 and then jumping straight into ME2. I didn't think ME2 would be this long of a game based on the first one, though. I haven't played in a few days. I've been playing Ratchet and Clank instead.

17 hours ago, showtime said:

I think the mistake I made was playing ME1 and then jumping straight into ME2. I didn't think ME2 would be this long of a game based on the first one, though. I haven't played in a few days. I've been playing Ratchet and Clank instead.

Yeah ME2 is the longest of the 3. I think my current run through is around 25 hours on ME1, 40 hours on ME2, and currently 25 on ME3 with less than 10 hours left, probably closer to 5. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JBURGE said:
18 hours ago, showtime said:

Yeah ME2 is the longest of the 3. I think my current run through is around 25 hours on ME1, 40 hours on ME2, and currently 25 on ME3 with less than 10 hours left, probably closer to 5. 

It's the longest, but probably most influential to the storyline, introducing Cerberus as something more than a minor annoyance. It also has some of the greatest DLC you'll find in a game:

- Lair of the Shadow Broker

- Overlord

- Arrival

I would suggest playing Arrival last - it basically sets up the beginning of ME3. You immediately see the ripple effects of it when you boot up ME3.

Overlord is a heart wrenching look into the depths people will go to when they're not ethically bound by decency (and adds in an extra gut punch for those with loved ones with special needs). There are small echoes of this adventure in ME3, but it's still an enthralling story.

Lair of the Shadow Broker has a fantastic score, a great boss battle and is a key development in the story arc of one of your squadmates. A lot of who this person is in relation to the entire trilogy starts here, tbh.

These three stories further add to the trilogy in their own way - they echo into ME3 in a few ways, make sure you get into them.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It's the longest, but probably most influential to the storyline, introducing Cerberus as something more than a minor annoyance. It also has some of the greatest DLC you'll find in a game:

- Lair of the Shadow Broker

- Overlord

- Arrival

I would suggest playing Arrival last - it basically sets up the beginning of ME3. You immediately see the ripple effects of it when you boot up ME3.

Overlord is a heart wrenching look into the depths people will go to when they're not ethically bound by decency (and adds in an extra gut punch for those with loved ones with special needs). There are small echoes of this adventure in ME3, but it's still an enthralling story.

Lair of the Shadow Broker has a fantastic score, a great boss battle and is a key development in the story arc of one of your squadmates. A lot of who this person is in relation to the entire trilogy starts here, tbh.

These three stories further add to the trilogy in their own way - they echo into ME3 in a few ways, make sure you get into them.

tbh I didn't find much special about any of the DLC. Shadow Broker was the best of them, and yes I echo doing Arrival AFTER you have done everything. Last thing you do, then plug in ME3. I also did Shadow Broker after the end of the main story, but I don't think that's essential. Overlord I did fairly early on.

The DLC with the floating Mako with a gun thing was one of the worst DLC I have played in a game, ever lol

But yes, definitely my favourite of the 3 games as a whole for story. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The DLC with the floating Mako with a gun thing was one of the worst DLC I have played in a game, ever lol

Man, I forgot about Firewalker... I agree, it's really bad with no real payoff.

26 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I also did Shadow Broker after the end of the main story, but I don't think that's essential.

I think it is, from a narrative perspective...

Spoiler

Liara taking on the role of the Shadow Broker is pretty significant with ME3 and her re-joining the Normandy...

Because it doesn't mark stuff as DLC, I already did some of the DLC missions without knowing about it. I could tell they were DLC because I thought they were just side missions, but they ended up being about a hour+ in time.

I've done the one where you try to save Dr. Kenson and I did the Shadow Broker one. They just appeared as missions to do and they seemed like side content so I did them.

• Like 1