Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Kiltman

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I must be the only one who’s never romanced Miranda. First full playthrough I did Ashley, Jack, then 3 I think I had pissed them both off by hooking up with other people.  Second time through I did Ashley and turned everyone in 2 down then got back with Ashley in 3.  

I too had a big crush on Yvonne from Chuck, so I was all in on Miranda. My main original play through it was her in both 2/3.

In other playthroughs I went with Liara for Femshep. And Jack for my more renegade Shep. And I think Tali in one too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I too had a big crush on Yvonne from Chuck, so I was all in on Miranda. My main original play through it was her in both 2/3.

In other playthroughs I went with Liara for Femshep. And Jack for my more renegade Shep. And I think Tali in one too.

I have found a new brother

• Like 2

So I've played ME2 probably 3 times, ME3 once, never played ME1 more than a couple hours right. I am about to do Horizon in ME2. 

My run through of ME1, the inventory management was pretty annoying, you get way too much stuff and just constantly upgrading so I really only used the same gun for a while once I got the russian pistol, and then the Spectre pistol. Also I maxed out my money like 2/3 through the game and it got annoying having to just clear out my inventory constantly. 

ME2 went the complete other direction, only a few guns and you just upgrade them. I can't remember how ME3 works with that but I hope it's somewhere in between.

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

I haven't started any of the 'main' story missions. When I was a kid I accidentally got Wrex killed and didn't do the enough missions with each character to earn loyalty. I just rushed through because the gameplay was clunky. So I have no idea what is 'required' to do so far as side missions and loyalty and ship upgrades or what have you to complete to have a good ending.

But a solid couple days of playing should get me through most of the game. 

1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

I haven't started any of the 'main' story missions. When I was a kid I accidentally got Wrex killed and didn't do the enough missions with each character to earn loyalty. I just rushed through because the gameplay was clunky. So I have no idea what is 'required' to do so far as side missions and loyalty and ship upgrades or what have you to complete to have a good ending.

But a solid couple days of playing should get me through most of the game. 

This sounds a lot more like ME2.

For ME1, I said it before but just make sure you do pretty much everything you want to do before going to Virmire. There is time to do stuff after but good to leave Virmire for the last story mission

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Gameplay is fine and makes some smart changes, mostly, everything else was obviously patchwork and rushed and they themselves have admitted that with the passage of time.

Disagree. People seem to hate the final resolution for the main storyline that wraps up in the last 10 minutes, but they did a fantastic job of tying in ending storylines for like 25 characters before that.

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Disagree. People seem to hate the final resolution for the main storyline that wraps up in the last 10 minutes, but they did a fantastic job of tying in ending storylines for like 25 characters before that.

Not really tbh. A lot of the closure in the game is incredibly shallow and functionally ignores dissenting choices, it's closing the diamond all at the same point. It's like with the Rachni Queen, ultimately it's irrelevant what you pick, what you do, the outcome is the same. You can kill Wrex and it doesn't matter, there's still a Krogan chief, Mordin still dies. 

A lot of the closure doesn't actually act as closure, Garrus and Liara don't really get it, Tali stays in the story despite her narrative utility being spent after Rannoch, the Udina stuff is out of nowhere and jarring, the ME2 characters might as well not even exist for how shunted off and pointless a lot of their activity is and how none of it really wraps up outside of one post-sidequest interaction where you have 4 sentences of forced closure. It's not organic, it doesn't feel like a natural narrative end to a character's point in the narrative, for a lot of them it just stops because they flatly ran out of time to do stuff with them. Like the Virmire survivor, they don't have any real narrative utility for either, so they're knocked out early and then you can have them survive the mid-game encounter if you pass a series of checks, but neither Kaidan nor Ashley has a real cohesive role as an independent character outside of that. Kaidan's story is just "hey man, wanna hang out" and Ashley is about overcoming her families past except that was already her POV in ME1, once the conflict is resolved there's nothing left for them to really do.

There's a bunch of stuff in 3 that just feels like they didn't know how to pull together individual character narratives into either the greater whole or as a cohesive narrative endpoint for an individual arc. Things don't really end in ME3, they just kinda stop, oftentimes abruptly and without warning (Udina/Cerberus plot/Quarian intrigue). 

3 hours ago, showtime said:

I spent some time doing side content. I didn't do much side content in the first game, so I'll try to do a lot more in this one.

Side content is a lot of the main content for this one. All your squadmates have loyalty missions that are important. 100% skippable, but it’s a choice you make like any other in game.

• Like 1