Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Kiltman

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Just fought a Thresher Maw while on the mission to find Gaeroth's brother - they're MUCH harder than I remember, died the first time I tried.

This reminds me. During Mako parts, they generally sent really strong enemies at you because the Mako was so strong. The thing is, even though you were killing enemies like Geth primes (or whatever they are in ME1) you'd still get the same experience as like killing a normal bad guy on foot. BUT if you weakened enemies with the Mako and then got on foot to finish them off, you'd get like 10x as much experience lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

This reminds me. During Mako parts, they generally sent really strong enemies at you because the Mako was so strong. The thing is, even though you were killing enemies like Geth primes (or whatever they are in ME1) you'd still get the same experience as like killing a normal bad guy on foot. BUT if you weakened enemies with the Mako and then got on foot to finish them off, you'd get like 10x as much experience lol. 

Yeah, I was trying that but that Maw was crushing me while IN the Mako.

Maw fights are different, for the better - when they go underground, you can still "see" where it's going with the dirt kicking up while it's digging around - I had one sequence where it was chasing me, the dirt was flying all around me as I was driving top speed to avoid it tossing my Mako like a rag doll.

Geth Armatures are also much tougher than last time. I used to crush those things like nothing, now I've gotta stick and move and keep a good distance between us to kill it. I'm going to think the Geth Colossus is going to be really hard...

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, I was trying that but that Maw was crushing me while IN the Mako.

Maw fights are different, for the better - when they go underground, you can still "see" where it's going with the dirt kicking up while it's digging around - I had one sequence where it was chasing me, the dirt was flying all around me as I was driving top speed to avoid it tossing my Mako like a rag doll.

Geth Armatures are also much tougher than last time. I used to crush those things like nothing, now I've gotta stick and move and keep a good distance between us to kill it. I'm going to think the Geth Colossus is going to be really hard...

I've only run into a couple of Armatures so far on way to find Liara, but yeah. I don't recall them being so stout. Spending a lot more time in cover in general now. Maybe it's because I'm older, wiser.

Side-note: I feel like I'm gonna run through most of the game with just pistols and sniper rifles. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

Just fought a Thresher Maw while on the mission to find Gaeroth's brother - they're MUCH harder than I remember, died the first time I tried.

Ya they seemed to have improved the cpus aim quite a bit with the maws. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, showtime said:

After I completed Feros, I found Liara T'Soni. Now it's telling me to go to Noveria. This is the last mission thing for me in my journal? is this the last part of the game or is there way more?

EDIT: More stuff just popped up.

Do all the other stuff before going to the new stuff that popped up.

• Like 1

I finished ME1 last night and started ME2. Vanguard in both.

I never played ME1, played the 2nd one first looking lore up online, then got ME1 after I beat 2. The gameplay difference was too much so I only got a couple hour in.

Man, that was a great game. I'm sure it will be my best experience because it's the only one of the three that I will have played for the first time. The Mako, while improved from the original, still sucked. I finished the "collect materials" etc but wish I hadn't. I have a hard time turning down side missions lol. 

Took me about 22 hours in all to complete on the difficulty above Normal, all side missions done except I didn't collect one Turian artifact and missed a couple medallions, whatever. Didn't realize I couldn't go back and complete that after the ending. If I could change anything, I would have made a unique save before every big story mission so I could go back and complete differently if needed, now I have to run back through the whole game if I wanted to make changes. 

Starting 2, the game is harder than 1 on the same difficulty. I got the stun grenade power to start, boo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:
16 hours ago, showtime said:

After I completed Feros, I found Liara T'Soni. Now it's telling me to go to Noveria. This is the last mission thing for me in my journal? is this the last part of the game or is there way more?

EDIT: More stuff just popped up.

Do all the other stuff before going to the new stuff that popped up.

@showtime Generally without spoiling, you can not play after the end of the game, it will just reload a save before the ending. So before you go to Virmire I would complete about as much as you want to get done. There is some time after Virmire as well, but the next story mission after Virmire, don't complete until you have finished everything you want to do.

The levelling is such that you can have either your Charm or Intimidate high enough if not maxed before the end. I ended the game just under level 29. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JBURGE said:

@showtime Generally without spoiling, you can not play after the end of the game, it will just reload a save before the ending. So before you go to Virmire I would complete about as much as you want to get done. There is some time after Virmire as well, but the next story mission after Virmire, don't complete until you have finished everything you want to do.

The levelling is such that you can have either your Charm or Intimidate high enough if not maxed before the end. I ended the game just under level 29. 

This is true for ME1 and ME3.  However, the same is NOT true in ME2.  But you would still want to save before the big mission (no spoilers, but you will know what this mission is)

• Like 1