Top QBs under 30

D82

Top NFL QBs Under 30  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

See...this is an example of Wilson being overrated.   He has NOT consistently performed at a TOP level.     And while I do think he has shown more consistency than Luck, Luck has shown the ability to play at just as high of a level.   Both have yet to show the ability to sustain a top 5 level of play, though.

You agree that Wilson is top 10 though. I don't think Titan is suggesting he's a top 3 QB or anything.

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You agree that Wilson is top 10 though. I don't think Titan is suggesting he's a top 3 QB or anything.

Not directed at him or anything, but I guess Im just annoyed by seeing Wilson getting ranked in the top 3-5 when its not really deserved.   I like Wilson...but as I said in another thread, he either gets put on a pedestal for his hot streaks or haters will bash on him for his somewhat cold streaks.  Looking at them OVERALL and being objective about it, I see a guy in the 6-10 range who could definitely be in the top 5 with more consistency.....but at this point, I dont see him as being NOTABLY better than Andrew Luck.....and this is coming from a guy who spent alot of time denouncing the Luck fanboys and defending Wilson when people discredited him for being on a great team.   ^_^

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not directed at him or anything, but I guess Im just annoyed by seeing Wilson getting ranked in the top 3-5 when its not really deserved.   I like Wilson...but as I said in another thread, he either gets put on a pedestal for his hot streaks or haters will bash on him for his somewhat cold streaks.  Looking at them OVERALL and being objective about it, I see a guy in the 6-10 range who could definitely be in the top 5 with more consistency.....but at this point, I dont see him as being NOTABLY better than Andrew Luck.....and this is coming from a guy who spent alot of time denouncing the Luck fanboys and defending Wilson when people discredited him for being on a great team.   ^_^

Well I agree with that. Clearly not up there with the big boys (TB, Rodgers, BB, Ryan etc).

20 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Where were you in 2014 when Luck lead the league in TDs?

Still here. Luck was good in 2014, but 2016 was still considerably better, IMO.

17 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

See...this is an example of Wilson being overrated.   He has NOT consistently performed at a TOP level.     And while I do think he has shown more consistency than Luck, Luck has shown the ability to play at just as high of a level.   Both have yet to show the ability to sustain a top 5 level of play, though.

EDIT:  Not trying to call you out or anything.     I just think the "top level" thing is a bit much when regards to Wilson, when he hasnt consistently played at that level. 

I would say Wilson has consistently played at a similar level over the past 3-4 years. With last year being an exception to a point, but I think fair to note injuries played a decent part in that. Wilson does have down games in a season, he's certainly not Tom Brady, but he's in that tier below the elites of the league. I think especially when you factor in his level of play with the lack of help around him, it only boosts his status.

I totally expect the Raiders to compete with the patriots in the afc championship.

for carr it's only a matter of time.

start building a stronger defense though.

Wilson had a strong supporting cast, and the defense 

luck is talented, but he doesn't make clutch plays.

Prescott has elliott, witten  and Bryant to make him look good.

On 15/08/2017 at 5:31 AM, jalopy jamoke said:

I totally expect the Raiders to compete with the patriots in the afc championship.

for carr it's only a matter of time.

start building a stronger defense though.

Wilson had a strong supporting cast, and the defense 

luck is talented, but he doesn't make clutch plays.

Prescott has elliott, witten  and Bryant to make him look good.

Wilson's supporting cast....who might that be? Certainly not the offensive line :o

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Wilson's supporting cast....who might that be? Certainly not the offensive line :o

His OL is truly awful. Bottom 3. But Seattle's skill position players aren't bad. Jimmy Graham and Doug Baldwin are good receiving threats and Paul Richardson and Tyler Lockett are both rising talents. 

I think people overlook his receivers, but they're good players.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

His OL is truly awful. Bottom 3. But Seattle's skill position players aren't bad. Jimmy Graham and Doug Baldwin are good receiving threats and Paul Richardson and Tyler Lockett are both rising talents. 

I think people overlook his receivers, but they're good players.

For me, his greatest supporting cast has been his D. You cannot find a better friend for the QB than an effective offensive line, however. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

For me, his greatest supporting cast has been his D. You cannot find a better friend for the QB than an effective offensive line, however. 

Most definitely. Wilson is still not in an ideal situation. Far from it. 

Still, if his supporting cast was truly as bad as some people make it out to be, one of 2 things would be true

1. Wilson is a demigod and is one of the best 2 or 3 players at the position to put up the best YPA and 2nd best passer rating in NFL history.

2. Maybe his cast isn't as bad as some people think it is.

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Still, if his supporting cast was truly as bad as some people make it out to be, one of 2 things would be true

1. Wilson is a demigod and is one of the best 2 or 3 players at the position to put up the best YPA and 2nd best passer rating in NFL history.

Yeah his receivers are definitely talented, as you say.

Russell Wilson's situation on the offensive side of the football is decent.  He has weapons to throw to, but his offensive line isn't that great.  Wilson suffered through nagging ankle and knee problems throughout the season that really limited his mobility.  These issues put even more pressure on an offensive line that was not that great to begin with.  At the end of the 2015 season, Wilson was one of the hottest quarterbacks in the league the last half of the season.  In 2016, he played through some injuries.  Wilson is healthy now and I am expecting him to be back at the top of this list, or very close to it.

On 8/16/2017 at 6:20 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

His receivers have always been underrated, but that offensive line is definitely as terrible as advertised

15 hours ago, Malik said:

His receivers have always been underrated, but that offensive line is definitely as terrible as advertised

I agree, but I've seen people suggest that Wilson has a bottom 5 supporting cast (not necessarily here, but in general) and I don't think that's true.

On 8/16/2017 at 3:41 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

I absolutely agree!  R. Wilson has had a top 5 defense since he came into the league. If P. Carroll could put together an average offensive line and draft another power runner they'd probably win another Super Bowl.  But they better do that before the defensive unit falls apart.

Archived