The Ugly, Uglier, and Ugliest against New England

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think when it comes to Joyner we all agree that signing him to play SCB to a big contract was stupid.  Would his cap hit be worth it at S? Maybe but for whatever reason we choose not to try him there.  I do not think Joyner is a bad player but rather a bad slot CB.

Agreed whole heartedly. At this point he's probably an above average FS but I'd bet that he's still better than Erik Harris there. But hey, he doesn't fit Guenther's scheme as a smaller safety in the same way that guys like Josh Allen and Montez Sweat didn't fit in it as edge players because they weren't stout enough against the run. Mayock has to do whatever he can to get Guenther the personnel to run his amazing scheme... lmao.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I agree. I do think the DL was making plays early stopping Michel. Cam was under pressure early but the poor tackling allowed drives to linger. 

Cam is who we thought he was.  As far as our defense is concerned we did not allow a 1st down except for the penalty on special teams.  They did way better than expected in the first and played up to expectations in the 2nd considering the struggles of the offence and Abram looking like he did not want to tackle anyone.  In the second half the Patriots found every hole in the defense and we were severely outcoached.  There were times the players did not execute but I put it more so on the coaching.  The missed FG swung all the momentum in NEs favor and the offence kept shooting itself in the foot.  I would love to face them in the playoffs because I think we are the better team  but this time hopefully in Vegas because we do not know how to play on the east coast most of the time.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed whole heartedly. At this point he's probably an above average FS but I'd bet that he's still better than Erik Harris there. But hey, he doesn't fit Guenther's scheme as a smaller safety in the same way that guys like Josh Allen and Montez Sweat didn't fit in it as edge players because they weren't stout enough against the run. Mayock has to do whatever he can to get Guenther the personnel to run his amazing scheme... lmao.

Or whatever he can to get Gruden to fire him but then we will have a bunch of players on defense that do not fit the next scheme.  This is the one time I blow it up and get rid of the DC because I do not like Guenther.

I’m probably going to get hate for this but Abrams has underwhelmed thus far. I understand that he’s missed an entire season but my goodness he wiffs on tackles. He seems more like a personality than a player. He has a reputation for being tough but he’s not solid. They don’t use him to cover TEs he’s more of a second LB, a hammer in the secondary but more often than not he misses the nail. He’s a player in his second year but man he’s got to do more in my eyes. 

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Or whatever he can to get Gruden to fire him but then we will have a bunch of players on defense that do not fit the next scheme.  This is the one time I blow it up and get rid of the DC because I do not like Guenther.

Meh. I think that guys like Kwit, Littleton, Abram, Mullen, Arnette, Crosby, and Ferrell are all scheme versatile players that would actually be a lot better with a better and more creative defensive play caller. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I’m probably going to get hate for this but Abrams has underwhelmed thus far. I understand that he’s missed an entire season but my goodness he wiffs on tackles. He seems more like a personality than a player. He has a reputation for being tough but he’s not solid. They don’t use him to cover TEs he’s more of a second LB, a hammer in the secondary but more often than not he misses the nail. He’s a player in his second year but man he’s got to do more in my eyes. 

He looked incredible against Carolina but got hurt early against the Saints with the shoulder sprain and cracked collar bone. It's definitely effecting his ability to hit and tackle, he didn't look like he wanted any part of contact against the Patriots. 

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He looked incredible against Carolina but got hurt early against the Saints with the shoulder sprain and cracked collar bone. It's definitely effecting his ability to hit and tackle, he didn't look like he wanted any part of contact against the Patriots. 

Agreed. Looked incredible week one. Yesterday he was taking Reggie Nelson like angles though. Definitely was a bad week for him.  

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'll let this one slide N.E. was an easy bet for me in this game. Very tough spot in this situation, short week, coming off an emotional win, early start on the east coast, and injuries. But we need to be more competitive in losses.

Meh. We were down by 3 at halftime and could've tied it immediately to start the 3rd but Carlson whiffed on the FG attempt. Then we were within striking distance to cut the lead to 6 points but Gruden went conservative with the FG. We were in the game until like 8 minutes in the 4th quarter. 

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm telling you guys. Kwiatkoski is the glue of the defense. Without him, we're going to have a far inferior unit.

I sure hope so. Excited to see what he can do in a bigger role considering he only started 9 games during the last two seasons in Chicago and only played 28% of their defensive snaps during that time period. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I sure hope so. Excited to see what he can do in a bigger role considering he only started 9 games during the last two seasons in Chicago and only played 28% of their defensive snaps during that time period. 

I watched all his snaps. He can help make the difference. Whether its tackling, run fits, etc.

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

For those like @ronjon1990 that think our run defense has been stout. 

In 2020 we've already given up 100+ yards and multiple rushing TD's in a game 3 times this season. 

in 2019 we only gave up 100+ yards 5 times and multiple rushing TD's in a game 4 times. 

Dude, really? 

I 100% admitted that the run game was absolute garbage yesterday. 

This is at least the 4th time you've tagged me about it. Stop being a damn tool and go worship Mayock for a a bit...or, I don't know, do your flip flopping nonsense. 

For someone who literally can't focus on a single topic any other time, you're awfully fixated. It's creepy. Like, Rex Ryan's foot fetish creepy. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. I think that guys like Kwit, Littleton, Abram, Mullen, Arnette, Crosby, and Ferrell are all scheme versatile players that would actually be a lot better with a better and more creative defensive play caller. 

But we would also have to get rid of a few players depending on how much of a change we make.  Crosby is who I would be most concerned about if we made a big switch.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He wanted no part of Burkhead.  If he was that hurt they should have put Heath in there.  Although I really like Abram he was hurting the team on Sunday.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

we did look a lot better vs the Saints when we sent extra rushers. Idk why we are so passive. Ill give up a big play once in awhile rather than die by a million cuts. We have players to be successful. Im giving Guenther a few more weeks to get it together before i call for his head though. 

• Like 1