Week 4 GDT: Bills (3-0) @ Raiders (2-1)

NYRaider

21 hours and no posts... fans are demoralized lol. I am too.

I predicted us to start the season 1-5 with a win against Carolina and New Orleans being the possible swing game we could win. First game in Vegas and Brees arm toast. And then a 6-4 finish to end the season 7-9. However, with the Saints win, looks more like 8-8.

Buffalo is Ranked #2 in Pass Offense, Josh Allen is the #2 MVP Candidate behind Wilson, they have a good receiving core, two very solid RBs in Singletary and Moss, solid OL, tremendous HC, and they have a Top Tier defense that has somewhat under achieved this season. To be fair their defense has been lights out majority of games and then teams come back down like 28-3 in back to back games, I think it's more of a coaching issue.

I don't think we will be able to keep up with the Bills Offense and Allen and that receiving core will toast our secondary. We will probably get no pressure again as well and Allen has all day. Diggs will probably have a big game. I would also expect Singletary and Moss to have a huge game.

I'm predicting a 34-27 beatdown by the Bills and the game isn't as close as the score indicates, one garbage time TD with like 25 seconds remaining.

The following week, I don't think we beat the Chiefs in Kansas City either. And then the week after that, we have a chance against the Bucs, but I think we lose that game too. Been saying all year Bucs Defense is Top 6-7 in the League and now Brady and the Offense is soaring to life. Godwin, Evans, Gronk, Howard will probably rip our D to shreds.

Don't mean to be negative, just living in reality. I think we will go on a nice run after the Buc game, but it will be a little too late.

ill wait to see the injury report until i jump to any conclusions on a game 6 days away. The offense at full strength will keep us in games all year long, will be hard if we dont have anyone returning this week though. Really need Trent, Ruggs and Kwit back this week. Trent and Kwit werent put on IR so the training staff should be expecting them back soon.

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

21 hours and no posts... fans are demoralized lol. I am too.

I predicted us to start the season 1-5 with a win against Carolina and New Orleans being the possible swing game we could win. First game in Vegas and Brees arm toast. And then a 6-4 finish to end the season 7-9. However, with the Saints win, looks more like 8-8.

Buffalo is Ranked #2 in Pass Offense, Josh Allen is the #2 MVP Candidate behind Wilson, they have a good receiving core, two very solid RBs in Singletary and Moss, solid OL, tremendous HC, and they have a Top Tier defense that has somewhat under achieved this season. To be fair their defense has been lights out majority of games and then teams come back down like 28-3 in back to back games, I think it's more of a coaching issue.

I don't think we will be able to keep up with the Bills Offense and Allen and that receiving core will toast our secondary. We will probably get no pressure again as well and Allen has all day. Diggs will probably have a big game. I would also expect Singletary and Moss to have a huge game.

I'm predicting a 34-27 beatdown by the Bills and the game isn't as close as the score indicates, one garbage time TD with like 25 seconds remaining.

The following week, I don't think we beat the Chiefs in Kansas City either. And then the week after that, we have a chance against the Bucs, but I think we lose that game too. Been saying all year Bucs Defense is Top 6-7 in the League and now Brady and the Offense is soaring to life. Godwin, Evans, Gronk, Howard will probably rip our D to shreds.

Don't mean to be negative, just living in reality. I think we will go on a nice run after the Buc game, but it will be a little too late.

demoralized? Were 2-1, and dealing with injuries to a handful of starters, once were at full strength were going to be a problem. Not everyone is gloom and doom. 

Ooof I don’t know what to expect. 

Should get Brown and Kwiat back this week seeing how they didn’t put both of them on the short term IR so if they’re both not back then it was dumb to not put them on the IR

This team has an identity and that identity makes the rest of the offense click and against the Pats we saw a team in the 1h have huge success on the ground as expected and just not attack there weakness.

Hoping for a better game from Gruden and idk what Gruden needs to say to Carr but he has to throw the ball to Waller. Great player are covered but great players make plays while being covered. 

Very tough game. I really like this Bills team and would rank them in the top 5 in the NFL currently (and higher than their rivals, who just defeated us comfortably). Of course, the difference this week is we’re at home and not having to travel to the east coast on a short week, which can slightly excuse the poor performance yesterday.

One positive that we can hopefully carry over from the Patriots game is that we kept Cam in check on the ground and Allen is a similar type of threat, so more of the same on that front is important. However, this time it would be nice if we didn’t get totally abused by the RBs instead.

Gruden sounded more hopeful that Brown and Kwiatkowski would be back, which would make a big difference. Right now I’d give Buffalo the edge and think them being a 2.5 fav is about right. I might be more positive as we see the injury reports closer to Sunday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

One positive going into this week is that the Bills defense has also been pretty poor so far this season so we should be able to put up some points. 

Bills D has been super weird this year. They were 2nd last year and have been absolutely dominating teams this year in the first 2 1/2 Quarters. But in the final 20 minutes each game, they seem to give up a bazillion points. 

Not exactly a great recipe for our Run First Offense. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Bills D has been super weird this year. They were 2nd last year and have been absolutely dominating teams this year in the first 2 1/2 Quarters. But in the final 20 minutes each game, they seem to give up a bazillion points. 

Not exactly a great recipe for our Run First Offense. 

That's true but they've also had the benefit of playing two of the worst teams in the league in the Jets and Dolphins. It took the Rams some time to get going but they were able to run for like 170 yards. 

Bills have allowed 19 points in the first 40 minutes of games this year and 58 points in the final 20 minutes of games this year. Truly remarkable. This equally spans over all three of their games. Basically an elite lockdown D for 40 minutes and swiss cheese the final 20 minutes. 

If this trend continues, Carr, Gruden, and our Passing Attack need to win this late. Not Jacobs. Since we will probably be playing behind with only 20 minutes remaining.