QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

17 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Well I mean can ya blame him, all Howie has done is set him up to fail. 0 draft help, hiring a HC that shouldn't of been, Not trading away hurts, picking hurts in the 1st place. Like cmon now

True, but we also gave him a record breaking extension. Compare that to Dak, massively outplayed rookie contract, yet 6 years into career has yet to get an extension. Which QB received the bigger vote of confidence from their org? I’d say Wentz, even w/ the Hurts pick, you still are getting paid insane money. Outside of the Hurts pick, I’d say we tried to help him, just failed miserably. He’s got insecurity and ego issues, not to mention the inexcusable level of play he showed in 2020. Howie and our org deserve PLENTY of blame for ruining a former MVP candidate, but so does Wentz, as well as the injuries.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

True, but we also gave him a record breaking extension. Compare that to Dak, massively outplayed rookie contract, yet 6 years into career has yet to get an extension. Which QB received the bigger vote of confidence from their org? I’d say Wentz, even w/ the Hurts pick, you still are getting paid insane money. Outside of the Hurts pick, I’d say we tried to help him, just failed miserably. He’s got insecurity and ego issues, not to mention the inexcusable level of play he showed in 2020. Howie and our org deserve PLENTY of blame for ruining a former MVP candidate, but so does Wentz, as well as the injuries.

I'll have to agree with this. After the Super Bowl and 2018 season, we let Nick Foles walk even though he brought us our Championship and then gave him largest guaranteed contract in NFL history (at the time). Doug stuck with him for 12 games as starter hoping he would get out of his funk but he never did and expected to still remain the starter. Top paid QBs are expected to elevate the team when the team is playing like crap and he just didn't do it this season. I was hoping for another try in 2021, but if Wentz is not willing to tweet or say anything when the media can't stop talking about it then it's time to cut our losses and move on with Hurts and get a QB later if needed. 

32 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Dak - Gets 3 #1 WRS

Wentz - Gets Practice Squad WRS

Dak - Top 5 RB

Wentz - Coached refused to run the ball

Dak - O-Line top 15 (Even with injuries)

Wentz - O-Line was Bottom 12 prior to a Running QB Saving them

Sorry but the two orgs aren't even comparable with how howie has failed. Jerry at least is surrounding his offense. 

Also, I find it concerning that there are constant stories that come out about Wentz not being the best team mate and being egotistic. A little smoke can be brushed off and stomped out but now the smoke is turning black and its hurting our eyes -- there's a definite fire

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

I'll have to agree with this. After the Super Bowl and 2018 season, we let Nick Foles walk even though he brought us our Championship and then gave him largest guaranteed contract in NFL history (at the time). Doug stuck with him for 12 games as starter hoping he would get out of his funk but he never did and expected to still remain the starter. Top paid QBs are expected to elevate the team when the team is playing like crap and he just didn't do it this season. I was hoping for another try in 2021, but if Wentz is not willing to tweet or say anything when the media can't stop talking about it then it's time to cut our losses and move on with Hurts and get a QB later if needed. 

How do you get out of a funk with 0 WRS, 0 OLINE. IDC who you are, bring every QB in the NFL to the ****uation Philly had this year and they're looking identical. 

Just now, IrishHooligan00 said:

Dak - Gets 3 #1 WRS

Dak - Top 5 RB

Sorry but the two orgs aren't even comparable with how howie has failed. Jerry at least is surrounding his offense. 

Eagles have had one of the best OL in the league since Wentz was drafted, this past season being the exception with all the injuries we faced again. I agree with the notion that Howie has failed in getting receiver help. Back to back drafts he missed out on a #1 WR 

5 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Howie succeeding in giving us a #1 RB, and TE, but has failed miserably in getting us Linebackers, safeties, and WR . Those three should be the absolute priority

Parsons or Chase at #6

Whats the Point in a RB if you dont run, and Both TEs injured a majority of the year, so no help there. 

I agree, I want Parsons or Chase so bad if both are available though Im kinda screwed on who i want. 

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Well I mean can ya blame him, all Howie has done is set him up to fail. 0 draft help, hiring a HC that shouldn't of been, Not trading away hurts, picking hurts in the 1st place. Like cmon now

Doesn't matter if you bame him or not. You don't keep a guy who wants to be somewhere else.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Dak - Gets 3 #1 WRS

Dak - Top 5 RB

I’m talking the mental side. I don’t think it’s ok, nor should it be expected, to quit on a team because they didn’t do a good enough job building around you in 3 years. It’s not for lack of trying. We drafted JJAW, Reagor, Dillard, Goeddert, Sanders. Most of our draft capital has been spent on offense. We even fired the HC he didn’t like.

Hurts pick is bad from that perspective, sure, but if that alone makes you feel like the organization does not support you, when they’re paying you big money, then that says something about YOU. How must Dak feel? His team has 0 on paper commitment to him. That’s why I bring him up.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I’m talking the mental side. I don’t think it’s ok, nor should it be expected, to quit on a team because they didn’t do a good enough job building around you in 3 years. It’s not for lack of trying. We drafted JJAW, Reagor, Dillard, Goeddert, Sanders. Most of our draft capital has been spent on offense. We even fired the HC he didn’t like.

Hurts pick is bad from that perspective, sure, but if that alone makes you feel like the organization does not support you, when they’re paying you big money, then that says something about YOU. How must Dak feel? His team has 0 on paper commitment to him. That’s why I bring him up.

This.

Also while the WRs have been lackluster, you can't claim they didn't invest. They literally picked a WR in the first round last year. It wasn't who most wanted but they did. That is why I am hesitant to think they will do it again but we shall see.

Eagles treated Wentz better than Cowboys have Dak.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

We even fired the HC he didn’t like.

This is where I stop feeling bad for him. He clearly had an issue with Doug, so they booted Doug and he's not even willing to give a new coaching staff a try. I don't think he's done enough in his career to warrant getting a HC and a GM fired if he feels like it. 

I'll say this again, if drafting Hurts pushed Wentz over the edge and his play to dip I've got no sympathy. ARod pleaded for WR's last year, and his FO traded up for a QB, took a thumper RB and an H-Back with their first 3 picks last year. Rodgers turns in the best year of his life. 

• Like 2