Most frustrating things in football

Hunter2_1

Which of these frustrates you the most?   

82 members have voted

1. 1. These are ALL frustrating, but pick one or two that REALLY get you...

• Allowing a QB to scramble for a first down (usually because your coverage is so good)
    • Flags after a making a big play, bringing the play back
    • A missed XP/FG
    • Fumbles
    • Your pass rushers kill the OL, and have the QB dead-to-rights, but he just won't go down (Manning 2007 SB)
    • Defensive pass interference calls
    • Defense stops the offense on third down, but a flag gives them the first
    • Giving up third and long
    • Allowing a kick or punt return TD
    • Conservative play calling

On 10/4/2017 at 10:09 AM, jsthomp2007 said:

I think if any player lobbies to get a call, they should be flagged for un-sportsmanlike conduct.  I am tired of WRs throwing their hands in the air to get a call, and the ref goes ahead and tosses the flag.  Let the refs call the game. 

Agree, that is very annoying.

Also:

-Receivers giving up on routes.

-receivers whining for the ball.

-stupid unsportsmanlike penalties, unless it's a good fist fight.

-all these stupid celebrations.

-celebrating meaningless, routine plays.

On 10/4/2017 at 8:09 AM, jsthomp2007 said:

I think if any player lobbies to get a call, they should be flagged for un-sportsmanlike conduct.  I am tired of WRs throwing their hands in the air to get a call, and the ref goes ahead and tosses the flag.  Let the refs call the game. 

i think if a lineman points at another lineman that should automatically be a 5 yard penalty that overrides the false start/offsides call

I voted conservative play calling because I constantly rage when it’s 3 and 12 and Dak throws a two yard out to the sidelines. Our passing game is the definition of conservative play. It’s so frustrating to see a three and out 4 or 5 times in a row 

I picked 3rd down conversion, but mine wasn't on the list. That is getting lots of yards marching up and down the field  but settling for FG's . This bothers me more than anything, but everything on the list also is close.  Then of course is the commercials and the commentators. Romo is a good color addition, if they keep getting new people calling the games like him it will help.

The inconsistencies on defensive penalties vs. offensive penalties:

*Pass interference: Offensive players push off, blatant no call. Defensive player in good position barely makes contact with his body, FLAG.

*Fask Mask: Defensive players rightfully get called. However, a STIFF ARM to a players facemask, especially when I've seen Marshawn Lynch TWIST facemasks for the last 10+ years without getting called, is egregious.

Targeting: A ball carrier lowers his head and uses his helmet as a weapon and it's called "Gets the tough yardage". A defensive player does it and it's a 15 yard penalty AND a hefty fine.

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Targeting: A ball carrier lowers his head and uses his helmet as a weapon and it's called "Gets the tough yardage". A defensive player does it and it's a 15 yard penalty AND a hefty fine.

This. So much this. I’ve seen instances where it’s blatantly lowering the helmet to pick up a few extra yards and people applaud the “toughness” of the player but burflict does it and he’s the dirtiest player in the NFL. Nothing is equal or makes sense about penalties anymore.

Archived