What WFT players reasonably have trade value? What is it?

MikeT14

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

^This - why would you? He is clearly instrumental to our young Defensive players and is still very productive. 

Because its the last year of his contract and if you could get back a 2nd or a 3rd it would be higher than what you’d get in a comp pick.

29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because its the last year of his contract and if you could get back a 2nd or a 3rd it would be higher than what you’d get in a comp pick.

You don’t think they won’t bring him back at a reduced rate? I mean this guy is still productive I think he would stay here I believe that is what he wants. But if he had a chance to sign with a contender I’d be happy for him

7 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

You don’t think they won’t bring him back at a reduced rate? I mean this guy is still productive I think he would stay here I believe that is what he wants. But if he had a chance to sign with a contender I’d be happy for him

Probably but there’s no guarantee he re-signs. He may go sign with a Super Bowl contender at a reduced rate to get a Super Bowl. If I were him, I would.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Troublez said:

^This - why would you? He is clearly instrumental to our young Defensive players and is still very productive. 

I dont see any value in him for the team moving forward. Hes to old to be a building block, but good enough to help a SB contender improve.

Trading him for a 3rd to pick up a extra Guard next year is the best thing to do with him. Because currently. He serves no purpose because the team needs a complete rebuild. Sure he can make a couple plays here and there. But its doing nothing for us building towards the future. While drafting a Guard with the pick we get from him might help keep our future qb draft pick upright enough to complete passes for the next decade.

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont see any value in him for the team moving forward. Hes to old to be a building block, but good enough to help a SB contender improve.

Trading him for a 3rd to pick up a extra Guard next year is the best thing to do with him. Because currently. He serves no purpose because the team needs a complete rebuild. Sure he can make a couple plays here and there. But its doing nothing for us building towards the future. While drafting a Guard with the pick we get from him might help keep our future qb draft pick upright enough to complete passes for the next decade.

remake bingo GIF

19 hours ago, Troublez said:

Because everyone has caught the Ron Rivera vibe of quitting this year.  Pretty weird considering we are 1st place in our division.  And of course given the fact that if we were to actually do something it would be on the back of our defense.  

Look - I am sure the rest of you guys excelled in your career without the supervision of mentors but I have not. The indirect benefit this "ironman" provides our young D-Line is worth more than a third to me.  He is a model employee and sets the tone for all of the young kids that enter the league. 

Also, we are in first place in the division. Nothing changes a culture faster than winning. Winning games, winning division, and etc. I have not been disappointed in the development of our youth, outside of maybe Haskins. Ryan Kerrigan offers production as well as leadership. I am not ready to mail the season in just yet....

Edited by Troublez
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The incoming asskicking this weekend should help with that.

Yeah, I was just going to leave that one alone. Look I get it, but if this team somehow becomes a Playoff contender I think everyone would be shocked. That being said, w/o our 5 turnovers last Sunday, we’re sitting at 2-1 right now. So, as long as they don’t turn the ball over they should have a chance in most games. But, I don’t think tonight is one of those nights. Ravens are just never nice to us! They’re such bullies! Haha 😂 

Just now, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I was just going to leave that one alone. Look I get it, but if this team somehow becomes a Playoff contender I think everyone would be shocked. That being said, w/o our 5 turnovers last Sunday, we’re sitting at 2-1 right now. So, as long as they don’t turn the ball over they should have a chance in most games. But, I don’t think tonight is one of those nights. Ravens are just never nice to us! They’re such bullies! Haha 😂 

As long as I see some sacks, some good decision making at QB, and Scott Turner's creative play calling -  I am happy camper. There is no way we win this game.

2 minutes ago, Troublez said:

As long as I see some sacks, some good decision making at QB, and Scott Turner's creative play calling -  I am happy camper. There is no way we win this game.

I can do w/o Turner’s creative playcalling at this point as much, let’s run the ball and call some play action/bootleg off that and set Haskins up for success. Run more quick game w/ easy throws and reads for Haskins. He’s still trying to learn and get comfortable in this offense and so is the rest of our young players. We need to keep it simple.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:49 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Hey, I come in peace as a Ravens fan. Lots of talk of us trading for another pass rusher in season, specifically Kerrigan. Haven't watched too many Redskins games recently, what can you tell me about him at this stage of his career? Can he still win his 1-on-1 matchups and how much do you think he has left in the tank?

He's limited to one side of the field due to being deaf in one ear.  I think he's probably a part-time player at this point, but a pretty good pass-rusher.  

On 9/30/2020 at 2:09 PM, turtle28 said:

Well Judon can right? I think Kerrigan would be a great addition for the Ravens but I also don’t think Dan Snyder will trade him. So, so doubt he gets traded. A lot of Washington fans wanted to trade a Kerrigan to the Ravens last October and get back a mid round pick. It would’ve helped you all’s pass rush for the playoffs and we could’ve gotten another pick to help rebuild our young team.

Judon got railed on by Vinny the Rat's radio show that I briefly heard on Tuesday while driving our work vehicle, and judging from those comments, he's a frequent point of discussion for all of the wrong reasons.