What WFT players reasonably have trade value? What is it?

MikeT14

On 9/30/2020 at 4:45 PM, MKnight82 said:

I wouldn’t trade Kerrigan for anything less than a 2nd round pick. 

I think you are letting sentimentality come into play here.  No one is trading a second round pick for a guy who is limited to his position (his hearing....nothing he can do about that, but it's still a factor) and who is a part-time guy at this point.  

33 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think you are letting sentimentality come into play here.  No one is trading a second round pick for a guy who is limited to his position (his hearing....nothing he can do about that, but it's still a factor) and who is a part-time guy at this point.  

The guy can still rack up double digit sacks.  He’s only coming off of the bench because we drafted Young.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The guy can still rack up double digit sacks.  He’s only coming off of the bench because we drafted Young.

No, he’s coming off the bench bc Young is a better all around player. Kerrigan had double digit sacks two years ago. Last year he had 5.5 in 12 games. He wasn’t going to get double digit sacks last year even if he had played all 16 games. He’s lost a little bit since he’s gotten into his 30s.

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No, he’s coming off the bench bc Young is a better all around player. 

That sounds like the same point just not drawn out. 

17 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Agreed.  It will certainly be instructive to see who takes Chase Young's snaps.  Hopefully they give them to Kerrigan and he shows up.  

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

Agreed.  It will certainly be instructive to see who takes Chase Young's snaps.  Hopefully they give them to Kerrigan and he shows up.  

They did last Sunday and Kerrigan was sadly invisible. I don’t think he’s quite as good as he was 2 or 3 years ago, last year he was on pace for around 8 sacks. He played in 12 games and had 5.5 sacks, that’s not on pace to get double digit sacks. He had 2 sacks week 1 vs a back up RT, he hasn’t had the same production or really any the last two weeks vs the Cardinals and Browns who have two good RTs.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That sounds like the same point just not drawn out. 

Not really, the way I read MKnight’s post was that Kerrigan isn’t starting bc we drafted a DE high. That’s different then saying he’s not starting bc that other player is better. They can have different meanings.

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not really, the way I read MKnight’s post was that Kerrigan isn’t starting bc we drafted a DE high. That’s different then saying he’s not starting bc that other player is better. They can have different meanings.

Then you're reading into deeper with a different meaning than what was said in my opinion. He didn't say because we drafted Young high. He said because we drafted him period. 

36 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Then you're reading into deeper with a different meaning than what was said in my opinion. He didn't say because we drafted Young high. He said because we drafted him period. 

Well how high was assumed. If you take a guy #2 overall he’s likely to play but no guarantee he does. If Young hadn’t showed so well during August practices there’s no doubt Kerrigan would have started over him. Again, Young started over Kerrigan to start the season because he’s a better player as I said, not just because “he was drafted.”

Edited by turtle28

On 10/1/2020 at 5:00 PM, turtle28 said:

Look I get it, but if this team somehow becomes a Playoff contender I think everyone would be shocked.

Well, it is 2020, so why not one more symbol of the impending apocalypse?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I would trade Kerrigan and Scherff for whatever we can get. They’re both gone after this year anyway. And sadly I cannot think of anyone else with trade value that we can afford to trade. 

def sheriff but i feel we need a vet like kerrigan. 

On 10/5/2020 at 2:02 AM, mar29020 said:

def sheriff but i feel we need a vet like kerrigan. 

For what? Why should we waste cap space next year in a back up DE?

We can get a draft pick for him to help rebuild this team. Also, Kerrigan deserves to compete for a championship on a playoff team, that’s not this team at this time and who knows when we’ll be a perennial playoff team again?

It will be years from now, and it may not even happen this decade at all. Moving Kerrigan does good by him and the future of our franchise if we get good compensation back for him.

Edited by turtle28

On 10/5/2020 at 2:53 AM, turtle28 said:

For what? Why should we waste cap space next year in a back up DE?

We can get a draft pick for him to help rebuild this team. Also, Kerrigan deserves to compete for a championship on a playoff team, that’s not this team at this time and who knows when we’ll be a perennial pro bowl team again?

It will be years from now, and it may not even happen this decade at all. Moving Kerrigan does good by him and the future of our franchise if we get good compensation back for him.

i'd wager kerrigan wants to stay here. He probably doesnt want to move this late in his career. ALSO, how many backup d ends are as good as kerrigan? we have enough snaps for him to be productive. Theres nothing wrong with having a deep line. Also we have 70 mil in cap space, we arent strapped for cash. Its okay to have vets around because look how young our team is? he's also useful for mentoring the young guns on the line, he can show them some tricks. i want kerrigan around, he's like our jason witten. 

28 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

i'd wager kerrigan wants to stay here. He probably doesnt want to move this late in his career. ALSO, how many backup d ends are as good as kerrigan? we have enough snaps for him to be productive. Theres nothing wrong with having a deep line. Also we have 70 mil in cap space, we arent strapped for cash. Its okay to have vets around because look how young our team is? he's also useful for mentoring the young guns on the line, he can show them some tricks. i want kerrigan around, he's like our jason witten. 

Very true, but if we got a 3rd for Kerrigan from the Ravens (he wouldn't have to move), we could presumably have that 3rd round player we'd pick for the next decade if he works out like our 3rd round picks have been working out most of this decade. Give me a future starting TE, FS, LB, OG or WR in next year's draft over the sympathy of retaining Kerrigan for 2-3 more years. If we trade Kerrigan for a 3rd, we'd have 3 third round picks next year, our natural 3rd round pick - likely top 10 - San Frans bc of the Trent trade and also for trading Kerrigan. That'd be awesome and could mean 3 future starters from the 3rd round next year or at least good depth. Also, Kerrigan might get to play in a Super Bowl before he retires if Arizona, Balt, Seattle, KC, LA Rams or Minny trade for him. They all could use an upgrade at DE/LOLB.

We also could trade Kerrigan for a TE who would be an upgrade over Logan Thomas and a long term option like Jaccob Hollister or Will Dissly. TheSeachickens have 4 good TEs, they could all start TBH.

Edited by turtle28