Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

47 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I was just flooding the 1st random things I found to counter Turtles Spamming. Didnt matter what was said or anything.

And me think Jamarcus is trash? I mean. Outside of football yes thats what I think he is. But for games. Im the only person that picked us to beat the Ravens.

How is posting film breakdown spamming?

I don’t understand what you’re so upset with. No one is doing anything to hurt you here. I’m posting plays that a guy who has been breaking down film almost all decade is breaking down for us, the fans so we can see what is happening on each play.

The only reason you seem to be upset is because it’s pointing out some good plays that Haskins made and that hurts your narrative that he can’t play at all.

I don’t have to take the time to look those plays up either, I’m doing it so others can go see what Mark is talking about if they want to.

Ive done this for years, I’ve done this when Cooley breaks down film also. I didn’t do this for myself. I post them for others to see.

I can obviously go to Twitter myself and not take the time to post them here, but again I do it so others can see and several posters liked it and actually wanted some more breakdown of other plays like the 4th down play and what was available and why would Haskins throw short of the goal  line.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Every other team in our division I think can win games

Based on what?

The three wins that the entire division has are:

• Washington shocking the hell out of Philadelphia
  • Dallas getting a gift from the Falcons on a last minute onsides kick ... which was preceded by a complete collapse of the Falcons' defense to allow the Cowboys back within range after being down 20+ points late in the game
  • Philadelphia getting the opposing QB duo of Nick Mullens (who personally gifted that game to the Eagles) and CJ Beathard ... and still had to defend against a last second Hail Mary to prevent another loss. Keep in mind that at the 10:36 point in the 4th quarter the Eagles were losing. If not for a strip sack by Mullens (leading to a TD) followed immediately by a pick six for the 49ers on the first play of the next drive, the Eagles are probably going home 0-3-1.

Outside of the teams beating each other up inside the division, where are the wins for any of these teams coming from?

They all suck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Based on what?

The three wins that the entire division has are:

• Washington shocking the hell out of Philadelphia
  • Dallas getting a gift from the Falcons on a last minute onsides kick ... which was preceded by a complete collapse of the Falcons' defense to allow the Cowboys back within range after being down 20+ points late in the game
  • Philadelphia getting the opposing QB duo of Nick Mullens (who personally gifted that game to the Eagles) and CJ Beathard ... and still had to defend against a last second Hail Mary to prevent another loss. Keep in mind that at the 10:36 point in the 4th quarter the Eagles were losing. If not for a strip sack by Mullens (leading to a TD) followed immediately by a pick six for the 49ers on the first play of the next drive, the Eagles are probably going home 0-3-1.

Outside of the teams beating each other up inside the division, where are the wins for any of these teams coming from?

They all suck.

I just can’t see Dallas and Philly staying this bad. I know their OL’s are banged up. And I just think the Giants will get some late their defense showed alittle life but their def missing Barkley on offense. I mean I did say the division winner could have 3 wins that’s pretty much with OG the division

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I just can’t see Dallas and Philly staying this bad. I know their OL’s are banged up. And I just think the Giants will get some late their defense showed alittle life but their def missing Barkley on offense. I mean I did say the division winner could have 3 wins that’s pretty much with OG the division

Dallas & Philly are hurt by injuries and either those players who got hurt will be done for the season or they are going to be out for a while and might be dealing with those injuries for the rest of the season even if those players play.

Dallas’ D is awful, that’s not likely to change very much. Their OL is not the same as it once was, Frederick retired and both of their OTs are dealing with injuries, it’s the main reason they can’t run the ball.

Philly’s entire starting OL is hurt except for Jason Kelce their starting center. Their LBs & secondary outside of Darrius Slay was always a weak point on the team. Goddert is hurt, their starting WRs are hurt. I think the best Wentz can do is make them Around average given all fo the injuries to the team and the fact that their LBs and secondary sucked coming into the season anyways.

5 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/billbarnwell100520/the-nfc-east-historically-bad-2020-cowboys-eagles-giants-washington-just-decent

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

How is posting film breakdown spamming?

I don’t understand what you’re so upset with. No one is doing anything to hurt you here. I’m posting plays that a guy who has been breaking down film almost all decade is breaking down for us, the fans so we can see what is happening on each play.

The only reason you seem to be upset is because it’s pointing out some good plays that Haskins made and that hurts your narrative that he can’t play at all.

I don’t have to take the time to look those plays up either, I’m doing it so others can go see what Mark is talking about if they want to.

Ive done this for years, I’ve done this when Cooley breaks down film also. I didn’t do this for myself. I post them for others to see.

I can obviously go to Twitter myself and not take the time to post them here, but again I do it so others can see and several posters liked it and actually wanted some more breakdown of other plays like the 4th down play and what was available and why would Haskins throw short of the goal  line.

Im a Multi Business Owner. Im not stuck under others. I see issues I attack them and see them fixed. I push them to find success.

You with your "Im pointing out some good plays." Your CONTENT on NURTURING and CONSOLING issues thinking theyll go away. And they NEVER have as of yet.

"More time", "Cant trade so and so" and all these excuses. And Im not just faulting you for that one. Others do the same. But 20 years, enough is enough of the same runaround from this team. And at some point the excuses need to stop working and it becomes time to demand better. Anyone dealing with any of my businesses would never get treated anything like the product us fans have been dealt for so many years. And you want to enable it. Get upset we were 3-13, get upset were 1-3. Show the passion in demanding this team improve in areas to be successful.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im a Multi Business Owner. Im not stuck under others. I see issues I attack them and see them fixed. I push them to find success.

You with your "Im pointing out some good plays." Your CONTENT on NURTURING and CONSOLING issues thinking theyll go away. And they NEVER have as of yet.

"More time", "Cant trade so and so" and all these excuses. And Im not just faulting you for that one. Others do the same. But 20 years, enough is enough of the same runaround from this team. And at some point the excuses need to stop working and it becomes time to demand better. Anyone dealing with any of my businesses would never get treated anything like the product us fans have been dealt for so many years. And you want to enable it. Get upset we were 3-13, get upset were 1-3. Show the passion in demanding this team improve in areas to be successful.

I don’t care who you are and what you do. I could boast about my accomplishments at work but, this is not the place for that.

We’re here to talk about football, we’re all entitled to our own opinions. And every play has multiple reasons why they don’t work out.

It is not as cut & dry as a QBs play. If we had Trevor Lawrence and he threw a perfect strike to a receiver and they dropped the ball, would you blame Lawrence? I wouldn’t, I’d say what happened on the play.

I guess this is why they say patience is a virtue. You can’t rebuild a team in one offseason into a contender, it takes at least 2 or 3 years sometimes 4 or 5 if you’re going with extremely young players like we are. We are starting over bc we just hired a new HC, it’s not likely you take a 3-13 team to a Super Bowl unless the reason you went 3-13 was bc your franchise QB was out for the year like the 49ers.

I’m not upset with 1-3 because I trust the process of rebuilding a team through the draft and with young players and cheap free agents until you find out what you have and who you want to keep that you currently have long term.

Brandon Scherff is a perfect example. If we had given him the highest contract for a guard last March - like Vinny Cerrato would’ve - at this point it would look like a horrible decision. As crazy and sad as it sounds, him getting hurt again probably lowers his value and we can re-sign him for cheaper next February/March or let him walk for a 3rd round compensatory pick in the 2022 draft while we replace him with a draft pick next April.

Edited by turtle28

@PARROTHEAD I like your enthusiasm but to me, if u fired every underperforming employee that had less than a years experience, you'd be filing for bankruptcy. It is tremendously disruptive  to operate under such a mindset as the cost of turnover is HUGE. This is the strategy you seem to be suggesting.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Troublez said:

@PARROTHEAD I like your enthusiasm but to me, if u fired every underperforming employee that had less than a years experience, you'd be filing for bankruptcy. It is tremendously disruptive  to operate under such a mindset as the cost of turnover is HUGE. This is the strategy you seem to be suggesting.....

Its not about employees with less than a years experience. Weve been without a decent WR core for 4 years, Known Trent was leaving for a couple, No safety help in ages and on and on. Look how far some teams have come the past few years. Buffalo, Zona, SF, Rams, Titans. Yet nothing gets done to improve unless its through the draft. Others are actively trying to make moves to win. Our team shows up so the owner gets his payday.

11 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Its not about employees with less than a years experience. Weve been without a decent WR core for 4 years, Known Trent was leaving for a couple, No safety help in ages and on and on. Look how far some teams have come the past few years. Buffalo, Zona, SF, Rams, Titans. Yet nothing gets done to improve unless its through the draft. Others are actively trying to make moves to win. Our team shows up so the owner gets his payday.

The ultra conservative approach to free agency is beyond stupid. If they do the same thing next off-season then they might as well start selling off young talent for draft choices. You could probably get a first for McLaurin and some decent picks for the Alabama Wall. If Gibson keeps playing well we could probably find a taker for him and you know teams would line up to trade for Chase. That way we will have tons of money to spend on camp fodder players to put around Trevor Lawrence and wonder why he sucks. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

The ultra conservative approach to free agency is beyond stupid. If they do the same thing next off-season then they might as well start selling off young talent for draft choices. You could probably get a first for McLaurin and some decent picks for the Alabama Wall. If Gibson keeps playing well we could probably find a taker for him and you know teams would line up to trade for Chase. That way we will have tons of money to spend on camp fodder players to put around Trevor Lawrence and wonder why he sucks. 

We had the 2nd cheapest starting team fielding Sunday. Thats with Kerrigans contract and not Chases rookie contract factored in. Have the 3rd most cap space even with Alex hogging 20 million.

Fuller was a nice add. But "Ultra conservative" bout pins it perfect. Rolling up to the season hoping a 4th round rookie tackle pans out to protect the qb selected to be the future.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Why would you do that? Building through the draft means you draft players, develop them and re-sign them if they develop into good players.

That’s where Bruce Allen screwed up. They drafted Kirk, developed him and he was a top 10 QB in the NFL but, they didn’t re-sign him and well, look at us now. I would’ve loved to see Kirk throwing to Terry w/ Gibson at his disposal. I’d love to have seen Kirk with an average D & a dominant DL to help him win games rather than him having to do it almost all on his own like 2015-17. Kirk w/ AP if we had signed in 2017 and through 2019 would’ve been nice, probably gets us into the playoffs but then we wouldn’t have Chase & Gruden/Allen would probably still be here.

Still, that’s when you add a high priced free agents or two, you’re average with mostly young talent or talent that’s just gotten into it’s prime. A high priced signed FA or 2 in 2017, 18 and 19 to go with Kirk if we had kept him probably has us as playoff team. I know one thing, if we had Kirk we’d be 2-2 or 3-1 right now and in first place in this division.

Edited by turtle28