Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Your point is taken — but I’m willing to wager that if you gave him Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Elliott, a better OL, an offensive scheme he’s had a season to work within, and four more years of NFL experience, Haskins would have made a few more throws down the field too. 

It doesn’t happen in a vacuum. I agree with you that it seems like he’s giving up on the shots unless they’re wide open...but I also think being aggressive down the field is easier said than done.

Check the final couple mins of the 1st half. He was looking down field. And chose to dump it off, cause a tackle in bounds so the clock ran a couple times.

Doesnt matter the talent. If an INT happened, Ravens wouldnt have time to do much. And probably take a knee with the lead at some point.That was perfect time to fling it down field and hope for the best. The clock would have stopped on an incomplete. I see it as an issue if he cant trust himself to, plus not trusting the guy downfield to make sure that if he cant get it, nobody else will either. It was just a very bad series where he seemed scared to pull the trigger.

So, I keep hearing that Ron Rivera was testing Dwayne on that 4th down. I understand he threw the ball short of the goal-line, but that play call seemed to be atrocious in the moment.

I am not excusing the ball not hitting the endzone, but there needs to be accountability for his staff. He preached accountability before the season, he should ream his OC.

So if Rivera really went for it on that 4th and goal situation to test Haskins awareness then we might have bigger problems to deal with. This isn’t the preseason and these games count. He’s continued making questionable and to now downright boneheaded decisions. Honestly I’m shocked that he would publicly admit something like that. I feel like I’m living in the twilight zone. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

So if Rivera really went for it on that 4th and goal situation to test Haskins awareness then we might have bigger problems to deal with. This isn’t the preseason and these games count. He’s continued making questionable and to now downright boneheaded decisions. Honestly I’m shocked that he would publicly admit something like that. I feel like I’m living in the twilight zone. 

He’s repeatedly said this year is about evaluating the players we have.  His press statements back that up.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He’s repeatedly said this year is about evaluating the players we have.  His press statements back that up.

That’s absurd. Since when does anyone get to throw a season away to evaluate players? How is that even remotely okay? They aren’t even trying to win. Not kicking a field goal so you could see what Haskins would do is one of the most asinine things a coach could do. It’s weird that you’re fine with all of this.