A Battle of Behemoths: The Josh McCown Revenge Game (Week 5 GDT)

zelbell

Who wins  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Hornbybrown
    • Jets
    • Browns
    • No one
    • America
    • 0-0 tie

Just now, dawgattack said:

It was a horrible call given it was only a 3 point deficit early in the 4th Q. We basically turned the clock over to the Jets and then the game with that one awful decision.

With the way the D was playing there is no way you turn down points.  I understand why he did what he did but I totally disagree with not taking the points.

2 minutes ago, Wolfhunt said:

With the way the D was playing there is no way you turn down points.  I understand why he did what he did but I totally disagree with not taking the points.

Do you trust Zane to make any field goal what so ever?

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I would have gone forit also.  Zane missed 2 field goals.  One was from 39.  He missed one last week.  Plus I like going for it on 4th- people don't do it enough

Zane didn't miss any 1 point converts which is basically what that kick would have been.

1 minute ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Loser mentality... tying the game is a bad idea. Only losing teams try to put easy points on the board. Dumbest comment all day. 

This loss is on hue n that rookie kicker though. 

That is all

mc

Loser mentality?  Worst case scenario we are playing OT right now.  We are 0-4 and the D was playing very good....the O was moving the ball.  You tie the game and hope your D can hold and you go down and score...instead he went for it and basically screwed the pooch!!!

This loss is on Kizer and Zane.

Unbelievable that we lost. We should have one by 10+ points, but instead we lose. Those mistakes in the red zone were unforgivable. The 37 yard field goal is unforgivable. Going for it on fourth down instead of tying the game is unforgivable. 

Hogan needs to start next week though. The offense just looks much smoother with him at QB.

Just now, Wolfhunt said:

I'm in the minority in that I thought it was a good call to go for it; however, I do not agree with the play call. If you are going to go for it, don't just run it up the middle...most of the time that is going to only get you 1 yd, which is what Crow got except we needed 2 yds for the first.

This is why I'm starting to question Hue's play calling. It really is starting to seem that Hue is in over his head with trying to help with the Browns rebuild and play calling duties. He really needs to consider getting an OC that will run his offense for him so he can focus on the overall team and player performance. These penalties and mistakes are 90% on the coaching staff.

Just now, Wolfhunt said:

From that short of a distance I do.

I mean...dude missed on what should have been a chip shot 38 yard FG attempt....the weather was perfect and yet he missed it wide right? I think...either way, it was way off.

Archived