A Battle of Behemoths: The Josh McCown Revenge Game (Week 5 GDT)

zelbell

Who wins  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Hornbybrown
    • Jets
    • Browns
    • No one
    • America
    • 0-0 tie

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Hue with a really bad 4th down call...

But im surprised that everyone doesn't think the play calling throughout the game was really good and scheming was sound.

Well...maybe im not surprised

there were some bad calls though. The issue isn't the play calling in general it is situational footbal..

Send out the kicking team. call a time out and get stuffed on 4th down. 

we lose 3 points and a time out. 

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

While I am very disappointed in Gonzalez's performance today, anyone remembrer Parkey's first game with the Browns?

How many days did parkey have with the team though? 

Parkey was a pro bowl kicker, two days to get ready without practice. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

there were some bad calls though. The issue isn't the play calling in general it is situational footbal..

Yeah...i get that...and Hue made a mistake there

BUT we moved the ball all game....W/o the redzone turnovers it would be easier to see how we got into the redzone all game and often due to good play calling

8 minutes ago, Wolfhunt said:

Loser mentality?  Worst case scenario we are playing OT right now.  We are 0-4 and the D was playing very good....the O was moving the ball.  You tie the game and hope your D can hold and you go down and score...instead he went for it and basically screwed the pooch!!!

This loss is on Kizer and Zane.

You haven't posted here long huh? Not use to my sarcasm. Some idiot posted kicking the field goal was loser mentality. Im mocking that moron. I would have gladly kicked the fg.

that is all

mc

Just now, Mind Character said:

BUT we moved the ball all game....W/o the redzone turnovers it would be easier to see how we got into the redzone all game and often due to good play calling

I don't doubt Hue as a oc. 

He made the right call going with Hogan. he has togive him another week. 

but Hogan isn't the guy either. He has an average NFL arm. 

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Yeah plus one. The offense can move the ball. We just made bonehead mistakes. Red  zone turnovers are the bain of our existence. 

That is all

mc

1 minute ago, Mastercheddaar said:

You haven't posted here long huh? Not use to my sarcasm. Some idiot posted kicking the field goal was loser mentality. Im mocking that moron. I would have gladly kicked the fg.

that is all

mc

I missed that post....my bad.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

People really overrate timeouts.  So what, we have one timeout.  Still can't stop the clock after the onside.  

I dont mind when coaches use them in intense situations during the game to make sure the team is on the same page.  Better than taking a bad penalty or turnover.

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

People really overrate timeouts.  So what, we have one timeout.  Still can't stop the clock after the onside.  

I dont mind when coaches use them in intense situations during the game to make sure the team is on the same page.  Better than taking a bad penalty or turnover.

That bad decision to go for it cost us the game. Maybe we would have lost it in OT anyway but kicking the FG (more like convert) in that situation would have kept us in the game. Instead we turned over the ball, the clock and the game.

21 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yet again youth kills this team.

Kizer and the TOs

Zane being a young kicker

Issues on defense

There were some bright spots. Garrett looked really good. Imagine what he will look like when he is even healthier!

Defense played well enough to win, playcalls were fine, OL minus Coleman's penalties were phenomenal, WRs were very improved,  Njoku was ?, Run D was stout, Corners played well.

We lost because zero interior pressure,couldn't get off the field on 3rd down, McCown was clutch , 0 redzone points and 3 missed tries plain and simple.

Archived