Dumpster Fire Thread: Looking forward

JiffyJag

Still waiting for confirmation but I think this was a dumb Schefter segment where he acted like that was news/just stirring **** up that he's staying the rest of the year. Basically it's not a done deal and will be left to the new GM (which was already known).

Weird regardless...not something to worry about I don't think.

Screw that Bills media guy who stopped my heart for a good hour and a half.

We all knew Khan was letting the new GM decide on Doug. Unless he plans on narrowing the GM Search down to a select couple than I'm not worried. A new GM will want a new HC.

Guess I'm hoping for some blowouts just to keep my brain at ease.

1 hour ago, Jaguarfan said:

There's no way we keep Doug. That tweet was purely to stir "lol jags bad" posts. He is done. We're a terrible franchise but there's no way we absolutely tank our GM prospects by keeping Doug on. 

Yeah, the transcript of it from Shipley basically reads like any HC that still has a job but is likely out with a few games left unless the owner has signaled he's for sure out.

I could see a very bad argument to be made for the team to keep Marrone under the guise that he “had guys playing hard” down the stretch. But the way this team turtles up and gives up literally every single time they face some adversity, no GM in their right mind would sign up for more of this. This Titans game is just the nail that the horrible argument. 

4 hours ago, pwny said:

I could see a very bad argument to be made for the team to keep Marrone under the guise that he “had guys playing hard” down the stretch. But the way this team turtles up and gives up literally every single time they face some adversity, no GM in their right mind would sign up for more of this. This Titans game is just the nail that the horrible argument. 

Schefty talking Marrone coming back next year.. if that’s the case you’re pretty much running with Balkee remaining as the GM in that scenario.. No viable new GM is taking the job under those circumstances. With that being said I could absolutely see the Jags doing such a thing. With that being said it would pretty much appear even more clearer that the team is going to remain as status quo as possible so they can alienate the fan base and move. Retaining Marrone is sure fire way to push your fan base into not buying in and Khan will uproot the team and the excuse will be lack of support.. when losing will be the actual reason behind the move because everyone knows when you win they will come. The Jags know this they are playing the game within the game. The true fans are going to lose.

4 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Schefty talking Marrone coming back next year.. if that’s the case you’re pretty much running with Balkee remaining as the GM in that scenario.. No viable new GM is taking the job under those circumstances. With that being said I could absolutely see the Jags doing such a thing. With that being said it would pretty much appear even more clearer that the team is going to remain as status quo as possible so they can alienate the fan base and move. Retaining Marrone is sure fire way to push your fan base into not buying in and Khan will uproot the team and the excuse will be lack of support.. when losing will be the actual reason behind the move because everyone knows when you win they will come. The Jags know this they are playing the game within the game. The true fans are going to lose.

He's not coming back...

Transcript made that fairly clear. Not to mention the people he was hearing from weren't even within the Jaguars organization/Khan.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He's not coming back...

Transcript made that fairly clear. Not to mention the people he was hearing from weren't even within the Jaguars organization/Khan.

I hope 🤞I’m not saying he is I’m just saying if that’s the case that’s the reasoning behind it.

37 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I hope 🤞I’m not saying he is I’m just saying if that’s the case that’s the reasoning behind it.

I mean it'd be hard to argue.

With the firing of Caldwell, I don't see any GM (truthfully I don't even see Baalke doing it) allowing Marrone to stay if they take over. It's not even that I hate Marrone that much, I think a lot of the issues this team has had has been more to do with the lack of the FO finding a QB/pissing off talent behind the scenes than the actual coaching (sans Todd Wash) on the field. But GMs usually don't get multiple runs, so they're going to want to build it their way. If Baalke were to get the job here and fail again than he's never getting a crack at it again.

Either way, it won't happen. Not worried in the slightest. Blurbs like that get put out there all the time in the last few weeks. If Caldwell was still here I'd obviously be a little more up in the air with it, but a new GM isn't keeping this coaching staff on. Especially coming off a season it wins 4 games or less/sets a franchise record 12 straight losses.