Dumpster Fire Thread: Looking forward

JiffyJag

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How is this comical?

Because our favorite organization is incompetent and continues doing incompetent things like that. It's amusing at this point.

Hopefully it's a complete fresh start in two months and we can finally get out of this abyss. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

A new owner would be nice. 

Although I'd prefer this due to how awful it's been, if he hires the right GM/guy who runs football operations than we won't have an issue I would think. He's shown he'll let the football guys handle it all and give them all the resources they need. We just happened to hire Caldwell/Gus, continue on with all the problems by keeping coaches from the Gus era, hiring Coughlin who wasn't qualified to be oversee football operations and killed our player relations, and now we are where we are. Never cleaning the slate this entire time.

As far as his relations with the city/the way he talks about viaibility of JAX as a football town despite putting a terrible product on the field, that I have no defense for. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Although I'd prefer this due to how awful it's been, if he hires the right GM/guy who runs football operations than we won't have an issue. He's shown he'll let the football guys handle it all and give them all the resources they need.

As far as his relations with the city/the way he talks about visibility despite putting a terrible product on the field, that I have no defense for. 

His actions show he doesn’t give a crap about the product on the field. As long as he is making money on his investment, he is happy. 

He is a very hands off owner. Apparently he is never around. 

Continues to say Jax isn’t a viable market......If they won games, fans would show up. 39-95 speaks for itself. 

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

His actions show he doesn’t give a crap about the product on the field. As long as he is making money on his investment, he is happy. 

He is a very hands off owner. Apparently he is never around. 

Continues to say Jax isn’t a viable market......If they won games, fans would show up. 39-95 speaks for itself. 

Yeah, definitely has his issues.

Being hands off is fine though imo, maybe even preferred if he holds people accountable. I'd prefer an owner who doesn't know much about the sport to let the GM/Director of Football Ops and HC take care of everything football related without an owner meddling. But I do wish he appeared to actually care about the happenings of the team. I refuse to think he does at this point. Not sure how anyone can say different.

As far as the optics he puts out on the city (when it's his fault for fans not showing up), not providing a culture for this organization (Uche went in on them for not having former players help with this), and being way too patient with people that obviously aren't getting the job done and contributing to being an awful organization is the issues I have with him. 

If he hires a good GM/HC, most of these issues probably go by the wayside. So just gotta hope they somehow get it right which I find unlikely based on the 9 year sample size.

15 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Agree with it all.

Being hands off is fine though imo, maybe even preferred if he holds people accountable. I'd prefer an owner who doesn't know much about the sport to let the GM/Director of Football Ops and HC take care of everything football related without an owner meddling. But I do wish he appeared to actually care about the happenings of what's happening.

As far as the optics he puts out on the city (when it's his fault for fans not showing up), not providing a culture for this organization (Uche went in on them for not having former players help with this), and being way too patient with people that obviously aren't getting the job done and contributing to being an awful organization is the issues I have with him. 

If he hires a good GM/HC, most of these issues probably go by the wayside. So just gotta hope they somehow get it right (unlikely).

Yet they seem to be fairly hands on with fulham. 

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Yet they seem to be fairly hands on with fulham. 

It's a completely different situation.

From what I understand, they lose a ton of money if they aren't successful as they get relegated to a lesser division. With the Jaguars, he makes bank regardless.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is Jabaal Sheard that big of a deal?

He had 3 pressures in 15 snaps on Sunday. Not sure if you've watched our pass rush this year but outside of Josh Allen and that one game of Smoot...we haven't seen close to those type of pressures per snap. He looked like the best DL out there.

So yes, it is imo.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He had 3 pressures in 15 snaps on Sunday. Not sure if you've watched our pass rush this year but outside of Josh Allen and that one game of Smoot...we haven't seen close to those type of pressures per snap. He looked like the best DL out there.

So yes, it is imo.

Interesting, didnt know that. So he played but was on the PS still?

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting, didnt know that. So he played but was on the PS still?

Teams are allowed to call up 2 ps guys a week and can send them back twice without going thru waivers. 

However for unknown reasons we didn't have the snaps to play him with allen coming back. 

I think Chaisson should be a sam lber at this point who can slide down to de