Dumpster Fire Thread: Looking forward

JiffyJag

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Shame there are 7 playoff teams this year because it would be possible for the Rams to miss the playoffs this year if it was 6 and we'd get #20 but now its impossible for them to miss the playoffs

Hey hey hey, lets not get greedy now. As long as we remain at 1. 

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm not sure which thread to put this question in, so I'll ask here.  What do you all think are the Jaguars' biggest needs, and how much cap space do they have?

I mean kind of depends. If we move on from Cam then LT, TE, 3T, potentially another edge, CB (can't completely count on Sidney Jones given injury history), and Safety.

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm not sure which thread to put this question in, so I'll ask here.  What do you all think are the Jaguars' biggest needs, and how much cap space do they have?

QB.

After that depends on fa but TE OL CB S Dl edge all some sort of 2nd tier and u could throw a wr 2/wr 3 up as well.

We have like 100m in cap i think

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

QB.

After that depends on fa but TE OL CB S Dl edge all some sort of 2nd tier and u could throw a wr 2/wr 3 up as well.

We have like 100m in cap i think

Hopefully, we will have the QB position locked up in a couple of weeks.  It would be nice to come out of the draft with Lawrence and Pitts.  They could do some damage on the rest of the league along with Chark and Shenault.

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

James Robinson, DJ Chark, Myles Jack, C.J. Henderson, Josh Allen, Josh Lambo. That’s really the entire list of players that I can guarantee that a new front office wouldn’t want to directly address this off-season. I think anything else is potentially fair game for what a front office would want to look at upgrading/bringing in someone to compete with who we have there.

There’s other guys like Davon Hamilton at DT, K'Lavon Chaisson at EDGE (?), Brandon Linder at C, some other guys on the OL, and a couple CBs and WRs that we expect would be viewed as players to try to build around. But it’s entirely possible that none of those guys end up as entrenched players for a new staff. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

James Robinson, DJ Chark, Myles Jack, C.J. Henderson, Josh Allen, Josh Lambo. That’s really the entire list of players that I can guarantee that a new front office wouldn’t want to directly address this off-season. I think anything else is potentially fair game for what a front office would want to look at upgrading/bringing in someone to compete with who we have there.

There’s other guys like Davon Hamilton at DT, K'Lavon Chaisson at EDGE (?), Brandon Linder at C, some other guys on the OL, and a couple CBs and WRs that we expect would be viewed as players to try to build around. But it’s entirely possible that none of those guys end up as entrenched players for a new staff. 

Ok thanks pwny.  It looks like there is a LOT of work to be done.  That's ok though.  I guess that's what you have to do to start from the ground up and (hopefully) end up with a 1-15 record to get a franchise quarterback.  There are still some good players on the list too.  What's the deal with K'Lavon Chaisson?  He was a first round pick in 2020.  Is there some reason they would get rid of him so soon?  Hasn't he been playing very well?

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Ok thanks pwny.  It looks like there is a LOT of work to be done.  That's ok though.  I guess that's what you have to do to start from the ground up and (hopefully) end up with a 1-15 record to get a franchise quarterback.  There are still some good players on the list too.  What's the deal with K'Lavon Chaisson?  He was a first round pick in 2020.  Is there some reason they would get rid of him so soon?  Hasn't he been playing very well?

Chaisson has come on the last couple weeks with more pressures after being completely non-existent the first half of the year. But a lot of that was expected, with everyone assuming he would need time to acclimate to the NFL, especially with how we’ve stupidly decided to make him primarily a guy with his hand in the dirt.

I don’t think they’ll absolutely get rid of him or anything, and to do to so would be a very big mistake. But I could easily see a situation where he ends up behind someone else on the depth chart if the front office identifies someone they like or doesn’t see him as a full time starter; similarly to how Dante Fowler ended up behind Yannick Ngakoue after Fowler played just one year. Ultimately, we need a third guy who can generate some kind of pressure, and Chaisson very possibly ends up as the third/rotational guy if we target someone high enough and hit on the selection.

• Like 1