Quarter Post

onejayhawk

Teams are now one quarter of the way through their schedule (Monday night teams can answer tomorrow). 

Team Name -

Team OMVP - 
Team DMVP - 
Team Rookie of note - 
Team Biggest Surprise - 
Team Biggest Disappointment - 
Team Grade - 
Division Grade - 

Rest of season: 

Edited by onejayhawk

Team Name - Chiefs

Team OMVP - Patrick Mahomes (duh)
Team DMVP - Frank Clark (close call)
Team ROQ - L'Jarius Sneed (now out for a month)
Team Biggest Surprise - L'Jarius Sneed
Team Biggest Disappointment - Special Team play
Team Grade - B+
Division Grade - C

Rest of season: Still unbeaten. If they can win three in ten days, the last ten games are less brutal.

The pass pressure has been relentless, which makes the rest of the defense easier. L'Jarius Sneed has been a savior, playing starting CB as a 4th round pick. Bashaud Breeland returns for week five. The retooled OL has been up and down, but has a nastier edge. Clyde (Edwards-Hellaire) has been good but not great. 

J

Team Name - Ravens

Team OMVP - Lamar Jackson
Team DMVP - Marlon Humphrey
Team ROQ - ??? (idk what this means)
Team Biggest Surprise - Bradley Bozeman
Team Biggest Disappointment - Matthew Judon
Team Grade - B-
Division Grade - A+

Rest of season: We have a lot of work to do, but a favorable schedule in which to do it. Last year we started 2-2, then won 12 straight games. No reason we can't replicate that this year. Shortened offseason stunted every team, and the Ravens are no different.

Team Name - LA Rams

Team OMVP - Jared Goff
Team DMVP - Aaron Donald
Team ROQ - Jordan Fuller
Team Biggest Surprise - Jordan Fuller or Austin Corbett/Austin Blythe
Team Biggest Disappointment - Troy Hill
Team Grade - B+
Division Grade - Best division in NFL. A+

Rest of season: I expect the Rams v. Seahawks games to decide who wins the division. SF seems to have the SuperBowl slump and injury bug; not really their fault. Arizona could be a WC team with 7 playoff teams this year. Rams and Seahawks should both make playoffs.

Team Name - Cleveland Browns

Team OMVP - Nick Chubb (who is missing the next 6 weeks)

Team DMVP -  LOL, they're awful, but Myles Garrett has been dominant

Team ROQ - Is this "Rookie of the Quarter"? If so, Jedrick Wills. He's been solid, which is all we needed him to be

Team Biggest Surprise - Kevin Stefanski. We knew what he would try to do, but he's built a solid offensive scheme and successfully implemented it despite the limited offseason and practice/game reps. Drawing Baltimore Week 1 was just bad from a "luck of the draw" standpoint. The result may have been comparable, but they've looked good on offense the rest of the way

Team Biggest Disappointment - I think everyone in our fanbase knew how bad our secondary was going to be, but without Delpit and Greedy Williams it's an absolute joke. The LB corps has also been absolutely awful. To put thing into perspective, the Bronws are #1in scoring offense in the NFL unless the Chiefs score 33+ tonight (you read that right, LOL) with 124 points scored , and they've given up 2 MORE POINTS than they've scored in 126.

Team Grade - B+ to A-. You absolutely take 3-1 any year you're the Browns. The running game is elite, Baker isn't being asked to do much, so they're just essentially reteaching/retooling him after he was basically broken in 2019, and OBJ looks like the guy they traded that 1st Rounder for a year ago. The Defense, however, is absolutely awful. If they can get Greedy back and healthy/he plays like they think he can, then maybe they'll at least slow teams down throwing the ball deep downfield. Their LB corps and S situation is a lost cause this year though.

Division Grade - They lost their only division game in blowout fashion, but they also play in the best division in the NFL. Realistically, they need to go 3-3 in the division. They need to sweep Cincinnati and beat either the Ravens or the Steelers once

WK DATE OPPONENT TIME TV TICKETS
5 Sun, Oct 11 4:25 PM
CBS

6 Sun, Oct 18 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $96 
7 Sun, Oct 25 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $137 
8 Sun, Nov 1 1:00 PM
FOX

9 BYE WEEK
10 Sun, Nov 15 1:00 PM
FOX

11 Sun, Nov 22 1:00 PM
FOX

12 Sun, Nov 29 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $43 
13 Sun, Dec 6 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $72 
14 Mon, Dec 14 8:15 PM

espn-red@2x.png

15 Sun, Dec 20 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $56 
16 Sun, Dec 27 TBD   Tickets as low as $41 
17 Sun, Jan 3 1:00 PM
CBS

Realistically, they need to beat both the NYG and NYJ, beat Philly, JAX, Cincinnati, and Houston, and then win 1 of their remaining games against the Colts, Steelers (twice), Ravens, Titans,  and Raiders to get to 10 wins. I think that's very doable. Even if they lose to one of those above and somehow beat a second of those teams, then that's great too.

IMO no excuse not to get to 10 wins with their schedule.

Team Name - Arizona Cardinals

Team OMVP - Deandre Hopkins
Team DMVP - Budda Baker (I don't know if anyone deserves this, but we played horribly without him on Sunday)
Team ROQ - I don't want to talk about it.
Team Biggest Surprise - Beating 49ers, then losing to DETROIT and CAROLINA (Not how I expected to be 2-2)
Team Biggest Disappointment - Chandler Jones
Team Grade - B-
Division Grade - A-

Rest of season: I hope we can beat the Jets this next week with how things have been going, but that isn't a guarantee. Otherwise, it could go in any direction as the schedule gets tougher, but I see around 8 wins for last in the division and probably 8 or 9th in the conference. If we can't take care of bad teams, then it could very easily become a 4-6 win season. Hopefully there continues to be improvement as the season goes on, and we can sneak into the playoffs.

Edited by UncleAdamz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, UncleAdamz said:

Team Name - Arizona Cardinals

Team OMVP - Deandre Hopkins
Team DMVP - Budda Baker (I don't know if anyone deserves this, but we played horribly without him on Sunday)
Team ROQ - I don't want to talk about it.
Team Biggest Surprise - Beating 49ers, then losing to DETROIT and CAROLINA
Team Biggest Disappointment - Chandler Jones
Team Grade - B-
Division Grade - A-

Rest of season: I hope we can beat the Jets this next week with how things have been going, but that isn't a guarantee. Otherwise, it could go in any direction as the schedule gets tougher, but I see around 8 wins for last in the division and probably 8 or 9th in the conference. If we can't take care of bad teams, then it could very easily become a 4-6 win season. Hopefully there continues to be improvement as the season goes on, and we can sneak into the playoffs.

Essentially agree. DeVondre Campbell might have a bid for DMVP, but overall that side of the ball has just been wildly inconsistent. It seems like one unit will have an incredible and everyone else will wet the bed. Every. Single. Week. We need that defense to continue improving, and hopefully having at least one of the top four safeties on our depth chart will help with that.

Team Name - Seahawks

Team OMVP - R. Wilson (duh!)  
Team DMVP - ... Jamal Adams is the only reasonable answer but even he has been bad in coverage and deserves some blame 
Team ROQ - Damien Lewis RG has played well so far, especially in Run Blocking - also I'd like to point out that the Seahawks are terrible at drafting for the last 5 years
Team Biggest Surprise - Opening up the offensive philosophy and finally letting our best player be the focus of the team
Team Biggest Disappointment - The whole DL for generating pressure, the LB corp for being a bit slow and bad a covering and the awful Secondary (particularly Flowers and Diggs)
Team Grade - A- (offense is easily A+ but the defense is flat out bad)
Division Grade - A+ maaan that division sure looks like one of the best in the league! Rams are playing great and should be 4-0 (bad reffing call at the end of the game against the Bills that cost them a win), Niners still in it despite losing like half of it's team and Arizona having lot of potential as well 

Rest of season: No reason the Seahawks can't win the division (even with the defense doing their worst)

Edited by MagicMT

Team Name - LA Rams

Team OMVP - Jared Goff
Team DMVP - Aaron Donald
Team ROQ - Jordan Fuller
Team Biggest Surprise - offensive line playing significantly better than last year and Darrell Henderson
Team Biggest Disappointment - lack of consistent pass rush - we pressured Dallas consistently in week one, Philly not at all in week two, Buffalo for one quarter in week three, and Daniel Jones for a half yesterday (you see five sacks and that sounds good, but when we don't get home it usually means the QB has all day)
Team Grade - while the Eagles and Cowboys have been worse than expected, I thought it would be awesome if the Rams started 2-2 with our first four games; being 3-1 is ahead of my expectation and for that they get an A
Division Grade - Best division in NFL. A+

Rest of season: I expect the Rams to win the NFC West. McVay is 10-2 against Arizona and Seattle; only really struggles against Shanahan. If we can split with the Niners, they have such an insane stretch coming up that I think they'll be too far behind to compete for the division, and I can see us sweeping the Cardinals and splitting with Seattle, taking the division at 12-4

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Team Name - Cleveland Browns

Division Grade - They lost their only division game in blowout fashion, but they also play in the best division in the NFL. Realistically, they need to go 3-3 in the division. They need to sweep Cincinnati and beat either the Ravens or the Steelers once

You beat us, not that anyone remembers where we play or anything 😀

Teams are now one quarter of the way through their schedule (Monday night teams can answer tomorrow). 

Team Name -  Bengals

Team OMVP -  Joe Burrow
Team DMVP -  Jesse Bates
Team Rookie of note - Burrow is obvious.  Tee Higgins is surpassing Green
Team Biggest Surprise - the rookie LBs contributing.  They have struggled, but are still better than what we have fielded in years past
Team Biggest Disappointment -

A.  AJ Green.  Yes, he missed 24 straight games, then all of training camp this August.  But the rust hasn't been shaken off or he has lost multiple steps.  Boyd is now the unquestioned #1 WR, with Higgins #2.  Ross is a disappointment, but what's new.

B.  The defensive line.  Granted, Atkins has been out of every game, and Daniels has been out 75% of the time, but our line is getting little to no pressure.  Dunlap has zero sacks.  Lawson is still streaky (2.5 sacks in one game, invisible the next).  Our supposed deepest positional group has been anything but.

Team Grade - C-.  A ticky tack call of OPI against Green in the opener stole that win.  The tie vs. the Eagles was bad, but we did beat Jax.  The Cleveland game wasn't as close as the score would indicate.
Division Grade - C-.  We were the unquestioned fourth team in this division, and have done zilch to prove that wrong.  But the future looks bright 

Rest of season:  Continue building around Burrow and the under 26 players on the roster.  Our secondary looks solid.  Bates is a beast.  Bell has been somewhat average, but will likely improve with time in the system.  Jackson is the top re-signing target at this point.

Team Name - Rams

Team OMVP - Jared Goff
Team DMVP - Aaron Donald
Team Rookie of note - Jordan Fuller
Team Biggest Surprise - Darious Williams
Team Biggest Disappointment - Gerald Everett
Team Grade - A
Division Grade - A

Rest of season: (10-6) the Rams are in a tough division but they play well within the division so I’m not concern with them winning games in the NFC West. They have outside of the division games against the Redskins, Dolphins, Jets, Pats, Bears, and Bucs. The Rams should go at least (4-2) against those teams so that’s (7-3) outside of the division. The Rams can win at worst 3 division games if not 4 so my prediction of 10 wins at worst I feel great about. So I think playoffs and with the team ability to run the football which sets up everything the Rams will be a dangerous team to deal with. Not to mention I think Akers will come back and be a factor as the season goes on with Henderson already playing great.