STAR WARS Mafia (Galactic Empire, Lando Calrissian wins!)

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Wait you are on site? Lucky 

We offered students and parents the option of face to face or line. I have 3 classes of online students and 4 classes of on site/face to face students (no plan period this year, I gave that up to keep numbers in class down). 25% of our students K-12 chose online. It's a 1st semester commitment. We will re-evaluate the 2nd semester. 

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

We offered students and parents the option of face to face or line. I have 3 classes of online students and 4 classes of on site/face to face students (no plan period this year, I gave that up to keep numbers in class down). 25% of our students K-12 chose online. It's a 1st semester commitment. We will re-evaluate the 2nd semester. 

Lucky ducky

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I had two in-person classes today. One student showed up. Total.

It's about an hour round-trip between my home and work, and I have to get up at around 7am to do it. I am not a happy camper.

• Like 2

Just now, Blue said:

I had two in-person classes today. One student showed up. Total.

It's about an hour round-trip between my home and work, and I have to get up at around 7am to do it. I am not a happy camper.

Ugh, that's brutal. Sorry to hear it! I live about 25 minutes from where I work, so I would be furious as well. Hang in there! 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ugh, that's brutal. Sorry to hear it! I live about 25 minutes from where I work, so I would be furious as well. Hang in there! 

Bunch of students bout to get very passive-aggressive e-mails letting them know I'm pissed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The guy from ACDC, duh.  Everyone knows that.

See, me in 2019 would have locked a vote on you for that. Me in 2020 just has come to accept sheer stupidity, ignorance, the complete lack of logic, and indictment on society as a whole, that some things in life just aren't fair and don't make sense...I'm sorry, where was I? I forgot myself there...

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Bunch of students bout to get very passive-aggressive e-mails letting them know I'm pissed.

Dear students,

I'm writing you to reinforce the expectations set forth at the beginning of the year, and to remind you that being professional works both ways. While I don't teach math, I can assure you that a lone student showing up for two classes would be unacceptable at any level or percentage, as most National League pitchers hit for a higher average than class attendance today. While I'm sure you don't intend to come across as irresponsible, selfish, apathetic, and indifferent, that's precisely the message that you are sending. Contrary to popular opinion, I also have a life outside of school, and while I enjoy very much having the opportunity to mold your minds, this morning was a complete waste of all of our times.

I'll leave you with this homework assignment, which I expect you to listen to until we meet again. It's fitting for the message I hope to get across, as well as honoring the late, great, Eddie Van Halen:

~Blue

• Like 3

VC

kingseanjohn - 10 - Counselor, JoshstraDaymus, Blue, Daboyle, bigbadbuff, The Orca, MWil23, Malfatron, Daniel, ET80

Counselor - 3 - Forge, RuskieTitan, Glen

SwAg - 1 - Pickle Rick

Tugboat - 1 - kingseanjohn

Rackcs - 1 - squire12

Pickle Rick - 1 - SwAg

JoshstraDaymus - 1 - SirA1

Matts4313 - 1 - Dome

Yet to vote: rackcs, Matts4313, Tugboat, Hockey5djh, bcb1213, AFlaccoSeagulls, Tk3

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

It wasn't quite that grand, but you got the gist of it.

While I'm not adamantly opposed to this KSJ vote (as noted by my vote), I'm still bitter at Hockey for last game and I don't know if he's posted yet.